Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Hundreds of Hamas fighters firing rockets and mortar shells captured the headquarters of the
Fatah-allied security forces in northern Gaza on Tuesday, scoring a key victory in the bloody battle for control of the seaside strip.

Both sides said Gaza had descended into civil war. Dozens have been killed since Monday and battles over security positions spread to central Gaza early Wednesday. Gunmen fought for control of high-rise buildings in Gaza City, and Hamas said it seized and bulldozed a key Fatah outpost that controls Gaza's main north-south road.

Tuesday's battles marked a turning point, with Hamas moving systematically to seize Fatah positions in what some in the Islamic militant group said would be a decisive phase in the yearlong power struggle. The confrontations became increasingly brutal in recent days, with some killed execution-style in the streets, others in hospital shootouts or thrown off rooftops.

The conflict escalated further when the Fatah central committee decided to suspend the activities of its ministers in the government it shares with Hamas. In an emergency meeting in the
West Bank city of Ramallah, Fatah decided on a full withdrawal if the fighting doesn't stop, said government spokesman Nabil Abu Rdeneh.

President Mahmoud Abbas accused the Islamic militants of Hamas of trying to stage a coup.

Human Rights Watch, blamed both sides. "Fatah and Hamas military forces have summarily executed captives, killed people not involved in hostilities, and engaged in gun battles with one another inside and near Palestinian hospitals," the New York-based group said in a statement.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070613/ap_ … tinians_73

They really need to pull their shit together. I feel for the innocent Palestinians, they have enough trouble as it is.

Exit question: Where are the militants getting their weapons from? The article seems to suggest through the Egyptian border.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
*eyetwitch*

Truly mind-staggering.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Kinda reminds me of Iraqi.

A few hundred thousands Americans solders can't control Iraqi. What makes you think a rag tag bunch of "police" with no training can do any better in Palestine?

Where are they getting their weapons from? They are smuggling them in from surrounding countries I would imagine. Don't know about the US, but in parts of England, Dublin or Belfast you can buy an Uzi 9mm for £200 quite easily. With all the conflict in the middle east I would imagine that the place is saturated with hardware. The question should be, were are they getting the money?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
Lol im waiting for someone to blame Israel I recon that will be in about 5 posts time.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552
Looks like it's game, set and match Hamas. I'd say Israel will be pining for the days of Yasser before long. These guys ain't gonna let up until they've spilled as much Israeli blood as possible once they've dispatched Fatah.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-13 05:42:13)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

Hamas are always fucking shit up. The Palestinian people would be much better off without them.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6342|Twyford, UK
And you know the worst thing? The bastards kindapped the BBC guy for the region before starting this. Now I can't even watch the thing unfold from the streets!
What the hell is the point of modern media if I can't watch a country fall apart live on TV?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Israel should step in and help Fatah and destroy Hamas. From what i've been reading Fatah will try to go for a decent solution to the crisis. So to sum it up, Hamas is probably the biggest obstacle in the way right now and it seems they're only getting stronger. Fatah is still probably the lesser of two Evils, but like the U.S is doing in Iraq. I reckon Israel should help out Fatah (one side). The enemy of my enemy is my freind, i reckon that might apply here too.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Mekstizzle wrote:

Israel should step in and help Fatah and destroy Hamas. From what i've been reading Fatah will try to go for a decent solution to the crisis. So to sum it up, Hamas is probably the biggest obstacle in the way right now and it seems they're only getting stronger. Fatah is still probably the lesser of two Evils, but like the U.S is doing in Iraq. I reckon Israel should help out Fatah (one side). The enemy of my enemy is my freind, i reckon that might apply here too.
I would agree with you, if I thought Israel wanted a unified Palestinian Nation. While they are fighting each other they aren't fighting Israel.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6324|Brussels, Belgium

Kmarion wrote:

Exit question: Where are the militants getting their weapons from? The article seems to suggest through the Egyptian border.
I saw in Euronews that they got their weapons from the Egyptian border, they dig tunnels under the fences.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Skorpy-chan
+127|6342|Twyford, UK
But if Israel step in they'll get flamed by the UN for aiding a civil war.
If they do nothing, they'll get flamed by the UN for not stopping it.

I say they should level the place and let them fight over a freaking desert.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK

Skorpy-chan wrote:

That is exactly what would happen. No matter what Israel is in the wrong. Tough shit i guess.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6516|Πάϊ

Skorpy-chan wrote:

And rightfully so. They should stay the fuck out.

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Definitely not. Wtf

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, you're just a kid.
ƒ³
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Your from England ya, but you talk like a hard line Neo Con, you even use words like "feaking".  You have been watching to much late night US TV.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

The last thing Israel should do is get involved in this. However, when innocent Palestinians are getting executed in the streets I think it is shameful to have the UN do nothing. Humanity has the obligation to protect those who can not protect themselves. I don't care where the borders are. The Palestinian people have been exploited and abandoned for far too long. However, the duty should be limited to physical protection and not imposing political will.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6547|CH/BR - in UK

Skorpy-chan wrote:

The UN isn't doing shit thanks to veto rights.
Oh, and I'm not going to blame Israel for this - I'm just think it's ridiculous that you would turn on your own country when you already have so many other problems to deal with. FFS, man, they really have to get themselves together.

-konfusion
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6545|San Diego, CA, USA
I guess we just wait and see what happens.  Didn't they just steal a bunch of weaponry that the United States gave the authority?  Should make things interesting.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Well, so much for this idea.

Abbas dissolves Palestinian government

By SARAH EL DEEB, Associated Press Writer

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A beleaguered Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas declared a state of emergency and disbanded the Hamas-led unity government after the Islamic militant group vanquished its
Fatah rivals and effectively took control of the
Gaza Strip on Thursday.

https://i8.tinypic.com/4q7qkb5.jpg
Well done.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

"AH, K, Wee Killed 'em all. Time for your photo shoot Abyeb Yes by dat land rover ez gud, wait! Puut that tire behind u it looks better!" .......wtf?
https://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070614/capt.87981a147599437ca6528870a82f5a01.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl185.jpg

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-06-15 01:45:10)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Hamas working out their differences.
https://i7.tinypic.com/6czagjd.jpg
Hamas parades several Palestinian men through the neighborhood before shooting
them to death in front oftheir wives and children.  Afterwards, the gunmen kneel
in prayer to Allah.

While the world spectates.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6342|Cali

Spark wrote:

*eyetwitch*

Truly mind-staggering.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

The United States and the European Union regard Hamas as a terrorist organization. Expect Fatah in the West Bank to resume getting aide very soon now that they have split from Hamas. Gaza just turned into a prison.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

Why can't we just send a couple guided missiles to some known Hamas military posts just for the fun of it? I mean, we need to show those ass-wipes that if they want to start killing innocent Palestinian civilians and broadcast it, we will broadcast their ass into oblivion.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Why can't we just send a couple guided missiles to some known Hamas military posts just for the fun of it? I mean, we need to show those ass-wipes that if they want to start killing innocent Palestinian civilians and broadcast it, we will broadcast their ass into oblivion.
Gaza and the West bank are densely populated.... very
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

Well it seems like, with the way things are going now Hamas must have enough of their "Freedom Fighters" gathered together like sheep we could blow up right? Maybe not... I'll have to check my satellite imagery brb...

edit: I guess if anything, politically, Israel would be the ones to attack Hamas not the U.S. It's my understanding that it's up to them and Fatah to settle this issue against Hamas militarily.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-06-18 18:31:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard