wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK
Stuck a 1gb stick in bringing my ram to 1.5gb it now crashes 2 seconds after walking around any ideas?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6546|Winterpeg, Canada
specs, including ram speeds/frequencies all the shit
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6522|USA
more specs please.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
memtest?
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6775|Canada, Ont
Format your Computer.

Thats what I did, I used to get Blue Screens when I went from 2 512's up to 4 512 Sticks giving me 2 Gigs.

Problem Stopped after Format
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK
Specs I ashamed ok AMD Athlon 3400+ 64 bit, 40gb western digital, 1.5gb ram 1gb stick and 512mb stick. Geforce 6200 512mb
Jello.01
+46|6613|DFW, Texas

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Format your Computer.

Thats what I did, I used to get Blue Screens when I went from 2 512's up to 4 512 Sticks giving me 2 Gigs.

Nooo, don't do that yet.

The problem might be present because you probably have that  512mb stick and 1gb stick in the same slot, both with different timings.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6295|Washington St.

Jello.01 wrote:

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Format your Computer.

Nooo, don't do that yet.

The problem might be present because you probably have that  512mb stick and 1gb stick in the same slot, both with different timings.
Make sure they are in different colored slots or at least move 1 of them around to see if it works. Also, make sure that the sticks are in all the way, your computer can't do shit if they sticks aren't in completely.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK

Jello.01 wrote:

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Format your Computer.

Nooo, don't do that yet.

Oh god no thats hardcore man ok they both 400mhz DDR erm how do I stick timings right?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK

pirana6 wrote:

Jello.01 wrote:

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Format your Computer.

Nooo, don't do that yet.

Make sure they are in different colored slots or at least move 1 of them around to see if it works. Also, make sure that the sticks are in all the way, your computer can't do shit if they sticks aren't in completely.
I only have two slots, they both in securely with the clicky things latched on, I stuck ram sinks on could the pressure cause the problem?
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6608
Either-
A: You have a bad RAM stick
B: Your RAM doesnt like each other.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6761|Hell, p.o box 666

Get rid of the 512 MBs! Some socket 939 mainboard wont work with 1.5 GB! Further it is useless because your RAM wont work in DDR anyways.
Fateless
+36|6247|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Hmm, what make/model mother board do you have? The easiest thing to try would be go to www.crucial.com and use the crucial scanner, that will tell you everything you need to tell us about the ram. Post back that and the MB type.

Fateless
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6532|Belgium

Try to take out the 512 one and play with one gig. Does that work?
Lateron
+0|6163
replace the 512 with another 1 gb and make sure you have the right memory for your motherboard, mismatch memory is never a good thing.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK
Ok so I went into bios and decided to change the timings, before that I reinstalled my graphics cards drivers and changed the timings after the restart. No my pc won't go pass bios I pulled out the battery so it reset the bios. Now after the bios all I get is a black screen harddrive is detected and working so is the keyboard. I'm guessing the video drivers are now non existent I tried putting in the windows disk it reads it but gets a black screen. I can still mess about with the bios can anyone give me some help I am using a college comp at the moment.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

Sl4y3r wrote:

Get rid of the 512 MBs! Some socket 939 mainboard wont work with 1.5 GB! Further it is useless because your RAM wont work in DDR anyways.
What are you talking about?

How can DDR RAM not work in DDR? You mean dual channel and it makes little difference. You're confusing bandwidth and frequency. As for timings, they will automatically run at the speed of the slower memory. It could be some sort of MB or RAM incompatibility.

Video drivers are irrelevant during bootstraping so that is not anything to do with the issue. If you had a hard drive or OS error it would tell you about it, therefore it is most likely a CPU, memory or MB issue - the most likely of those being memory since you've changed it. Play around with different DIMM configurations, test the memory to make sure there are no errors.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6761|Hell, p.o box 666

ya, sry, of course dual channel wont work!!! Damn surfing while work
Fateless
+36|6247|Jennifer Connellys Pants

wah1188 wrote:

Ok so I went into bios and decided to change the timings, before that I reinstalled my graphics cards drivers and changed the timings after the restart. No my pc won't go pass bios I pulled out the battery so it reset the bios. Now after the bios all I get is a black screen harddrive is detected and working so is the keyboard. I'm guessing the video drivers are now non existent I tried putting in the windows disk it reads it but gets a black screen. I can still mess about with the bios can anyone give me some help I am using a college comp at the moment.
Again, what make/model is the motherboard? Hard to suggest anything otherwise..on saying that, did you try booting into safemode?

Fateless.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK
I fried my motherboard I think I reseted bios like 50 times HDD, ram, gfx are all fine.
LordBF2
Banned
+3|6152|Kentucky

wah1188 wrote:

Stuck a 1gb stick in bringing my ram to 1.5gb it now crashes 2 seconds after walking around any ideas?
mismatch memory=never no good , get rid of the 512 and get another 1GB of the same memory and make sure it is the right one for your motherboard. p.s , take out the 1Gb you just put in until you get the other one at least you wont CTD

Last edited by LordBF2 (2007-07-02 09:39:44)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida

wah1188 wrote:

Bad ram. get it out of there. and try agaijn with original.
15 more years! 15 more years!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard