T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6305|Pennsyltucky

http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/ … 03,00.html

THE slaughter in Darfur was triggered by global climate change and that more such conflicts may be on the horizo, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon says in an article published today.

Mmmm, OK.  Has anyone told Al Gore yet ?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6723
There was an author who made the arguement that the genocide in Rwanda was caused by insufficient resources being divided by a population too large for those resources to support. I forget who it was, but it was an interesting read. Anyway, I detect a tone of sarcasm in your post, but I wouldn't dismiss claims like this one so quickly; whether or not global warming is a real threat is not an issue here. As the article says:
"For the first time in memory, there was no longer enough food and water for all. Fighting broke out,''
In the end, humans are little better than animals. We are designed to survive at all costs, and when survival means killing your neighbor so you have enough food, you'd be suprised how many people will.
iamangry
+59|6668|The United States of America
Bullshit.  The genocide in Darfur is caused by crazy muslims killing innocent people.  It doesn't take a genius to see that.  Those people should have bonded together, not killed each other.
Fen321
+54|6520|Singularity

iamangry wrote:

Bullshit.  The genocide in Darfur is caused by crazy muslims killing innocent people.  It doesn't take a genius to see that.  Those people should have bonded together, not killed each other.
Those gosh darn crazy Muslims strike again! Bazzing!

hahahaha
The_Mac
+96|6248

Fen321 wrote:

iamangry wrote:

Those gosh darn crazy Muslims strike again! Bazzing!

hahahaha
Immaturity won't fix problems.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6571|San Diego, CA, USA
Reminds me of that skit on the '1/2 Hour News Hour' show where a fake panelist can blame anything on Global Warming.
David.P
Banned
+649|6296

iamangry wrote:

The Religion of peace strikes again!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6417|The Gem Saloon

David.Podedworny wrote:

iamangry wrote:

why would anyone confuse it at as anything else??
David.P
Banned
+649|6296

Parker wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

iamangry wrote:

why would anyone confuse it at as anything else??
I dont know mass media campaigns? Or the people in our own government being too afraid to speak up against it? Maybe the asshole policy makers in my school who suspended me and my classmate for making ninja costume which they thought we were trying to offend a "Religion of Peace member" Which we did'nt know we had. Oh well it was worth it.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-06-17 09:41:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard