Poll

At what rank would you EXPECT a player to not be a complete NOOB?

Lance Corpral2%2% - 7
Corporal2%2% - 6
Sergeant7%7% - 22
Staff Sergeant8%8% - 24
Gunnery Sergeant18%18% - 52
Master Sergeant/First Sergeant25%25% - 72
Sergeant Major17%17% - 50
Other18%18% - 52
Total: 285
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
I was actually never a noob, I came out of the whome an uber pwner.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6527
I think that maybe 50% of the players around 20K have skill, anything below is a noob
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
when they stop using the word noob....
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6836|Sacramento, Cal
Corporal back when it was 10500.
im_in_heaven
+27|6580
I think rank has quite a bit to do with it. With hours comes experience. now never mind second accounts. When i see a a corporal i immediatly think hes a noob. Ill still fly with him/ play with him but in my head ill think hes a noob until he proves otherwise. But you cant say rank means nothing because that statement means nothing. Noones starts this game amazing. It takes time.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
When will people learn that rank doesnt actually mean much.
Madiz
is back
+26|6749
2nd Lieutenant
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

ThomasMorgan wrote:

It's not rank based.

How, then, would you judge someone's second account?
True. But i vote Sargeant Major since if you put this much time into the game you better be good.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida
Noob is not a rank, but a state of mind.

He ususally loses Noobinity when he gets a girlfriend.
15 more years! 15 more years!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51

Fenix14 wrote:

You'd expect after waiting 30,000 points to get to Sergeant Major, you'd know how to play.
I guess that doesn't apply to everyone..

http://bf2s.com/player/90127286/

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Rank really doesn't mean anything because any person can just make a new acct and go through it as if it is their first acct, therefore, creating the illusion that they are good or whatever.  I have found that the majority of good players are in the higher ranks but don't let that fool you.  On the same token, a lot of the generals you find running around are extremely sucky players and only showcase awards and badges because they otherwise blow balls.  Sgt Bennett comes to mind.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6363|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

BootsJD wrote:

I think it is Ranked based to an extent, Rank SHOULD be a good indication of what type of Player you are dealing with, but I find I have a little more tolerance for a LC Asking Noob questions. Sometimes I find myself getting more annoyed with some joining a server just to ask How do you do this, can you show me that when the are 1st Sergeant.

I remeber when I first started I think I was one of the biggest Noobs out there. I Think I got a Purple heart every game for my first 10 games lol. But one I got around 600-700 Pts I new what was going one and how not to be a smacktard and actually play the game right.
I would say it is definately not ranked based. The way EA stats system works its time rather than K/D that gives you ranks. Now whilst many may feel K/D or SPM doesn't say alot I think it's a better representation than time in terms relating rank to skill level.

I know people who are sergeants who have more talent that Lieutenant Generals. So rank does little more than give a symbol next to your name.

If you get annoyed with people who join your server cos they ask questions then you really are a dick. How would you feel if you are new and people just ignored your questions on servers. I learnt though asking people, on pub servers and in clans and I've learnt so much since I first started. I always am willing to take some time out of a game to say "if you need any help add me on xfire" or I chat in-game.

If you ARE judging by rank I would find it difficult to put an exact rank on someone. Saying its their first account I would say Sergeant Major. Purely because you have the time and the weapons, so you should have an idea of your strengths and weaknesses and know a kit which suits your ability.

In my personal experience I feel I became un-noob when I reached a K/D of 2:1, which was Sgt. Maj ish. I'd worked hard to get to it and was learning fast, doing much better in servers and getting more gold. I'd found my niche in BF2!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6570|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Ranks have nothing to do with beeing Noobish.

Ranks can determine if some if is a newb to a game..but a noob...ANY ranks can have a noob in it.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6214|Finland

weasel_thingo wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Second accounts are for people who are testing out hacks before applying them to their real account and people who want to be pricks without that pesky retribution thing.
ok, so I am a cheater right?

1. http://bf2s.com/player/61745544/
2. http://bf2s.com/player/92795473/
3. http://bf2s.com/player/101313986/
4. http://bf2s.com/player/101409777/
HAX im reporting you now!
just because someone has a 2nd account doesnt meen they hack i have like 20 accounts
some to test what my actual kdr is and spm and some for mucking around and learning to fly etc
well i have 3 account's...

1st i player alot in non ranked servers, then i mafe 2nd one which is my main account and 3rd one was just to check my "skills" "k/d r" "accuracy" "spm"... and so on
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6384|fåking denmark
it have nothing to do with rank ..
siciliano732
+202|6641|New York

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

It's not rank based.

How, then, would you judge someone's second account?
Second accounts are for people who are testing out hacks before applying them to their real account and people who want to be pricks without that pesky retribution thing.
not true....my first account was me playing on my own....got half way through 2nd Lieutenant and then joined Heroes of Combat (my clan) and created the account i have now.  I do not hack nor will i ever.

...although i do see where your coming from, but you cannot make those generalizations.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753
All rank shows is how much time you spend doing one of the high-scoring activities - namely playing on Karkand or constantly flying jets (oh ok, jetwhoring). I consider myself one of the better anti-tankers out there - but that nets hardly any points. I'd like to see some karkand medics go solo against a pair of tanks.

A noob grows up when he realises there's more to the game than points and plays for fun. You can often tell who is a noob when you get colonels or generals who say "I've hit the top rank, now I'm bored with the game". What they don't realise is that they were always bored because they played 800 hours on Karkand and Wake just to get points. While I know some people find Karkand their favourite map for gameplay purposes (I've had a few very enjoyable rounds there myself), having 5x as many hours on Karkand and Wake than any other map can be an indication of a noob (in my opinion).

I'm sure I'll get flamed now, so remember this is my opinion of noob and not yours.

Last edited by Talon (2007-06-17 10:59:06)

FeLBuG
+2|6153
I voted for Gunny Sarge but in the real game you find noobs in any rank :-D
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

Rank only determines how many points the player has. It doesn't say how they got them
aZWARt325
Banned
+7|6152|Long Beach, California USA
That all actually depends. Because alot of people have 2nd accounts and 3rd accounts with lower ranks like me.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6329
no rank tells how good a player is

i have seen a 3 star general and a 4 star that were idiots.

the 3 star had a negative k/d ratio and the 4 star was close to a negative k/d ratio

{ http://bf2s.com/player/59803785/ }

not only was he a bad player he also would sit there as commander and arty his own team on purpose and spam messages for the hole game.

i for get the 4 stars id if i see him again i will post his link

edit: getting account link

Last edited by ChevyLee86 (2007-06-17 12:53:31)

Snailmail852
+0|6152
Anyone below you rank:P
Silentkillr69
+6|6170|Chicago
many people glitch up. i say gunnery seargent. the corporals who dont know what parachute is are jsut learning the game. But a Gunnery Seargent who does not know how to use VOIP is a noob........by the way guys.....its B. haha jk. 
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge

weasel_thingo wrote:

i say gunnery sergeant.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6671|Middle of nowhere
Gunnery Sergeant, by then you have played enough to basically know what to do and how to be useful to your team

and as for second accounts, that doesn't bother me b/c you'd be helping your team and i honestly wouldn't notice your rank

the only time i really pay attention to rank is for vehicles, b/c lower ranked players 99% of the time fail at using them

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard