Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

NASCAR driver's have to operate the clutch, shift, control engine power, use driving skills to keep the car from spinning out, and select the proper gear for launch.  None of which F1 drivers have to do because a computer does it for them. 

Now back on topic and you F1 fanboys can go drink wine coolers together in another thread.
Have you seen the Monaco circuit? I'd like to see a NASCAR driver on a moped going round that track without crashing or clipping the sides!

Edit: The fact is F1 is loved all around the world. NASCAR is really only an American thing.
Yes, just watched the Monaco race I believe.  It was a couple weeks back correct?  Certainly is an amazing course and Alonso dominated that race.  Not sure why anyone would ride a moped around it . . . would be fun to see someone attempt it! The F1 fanbase is definitely more widespread.  Probably because they race in so many differing locations.  But there are some fans around the globe (for NASCAR).

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-06-15 14:21:29)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6578|Portland, OR, USA
people actually watch nascar?  It's a car.. going in circles.. on a flat, paved surface.

neat.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6398
I agree with some o you I hate when I try to watch Cops on Saturday night just to find NASCAR on.
I have not been to an F1 race in person, but have seen NASCAR in person.
As far as being there in person, drag racing (top fuel and funny cars) probably has them all beat.
You can see the whole race and the power and speed is simply amazing.

Don't judge drag racing until you have seen it live.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Jeff Gordon is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boogity boogity boogity
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America

Everyone wrote:

Boogity boogity boogity
May I ask what this is supposed to be?
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6701|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

Boogity boogity boogity
Go die in a fire.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Boogity boogity boogity
Go die in a fire.
rofl...

Rainbow Warrior FTW
USARANGER01
+35|6656|America
i dont really like watching any types of racing on TV

but when you are actually there, its a whole different experience
i have gone to a few races with my grandpa who is a HUGE racing fan, and while racing isnt exactly my favorite thing to watch, its pretty ill when you are there and you can actually SEE how fast the cars really go

that feeling when you are right near the tracks, and like 10 cars come literally flying past at almost 200 mph.  that feeling can NEVER, EVER be replicated on TV
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6491|P-way, NJ

The#1Spot wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

NASCAR driver's have to operate the clutch, shift, control engine power, use driving skills to keep the car from spinning out, and select the proper gear for launch.  None of which F1 drivers have to do because a computer does it for them. 

Now back on topic and you F1 fanboys can go drink wine coolers together in another thread.
How hard is it to select a gear when you only have 4 compared to 7 in a F1 car. There is a clutch in a F1 car but they only use it in 1st. How hard is it to control a car on a 20degree embankment.
There are cars on the street that have 6 gears.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6558|EUtopia | Austria
If you appreciatey guys shifting, going fast, controlling their cars and doing everything manually, I suggest the WRC series to you, Stingray
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Yeah. WRC > F1 > Nascar. They're all interesting though, Nascar coverage here is minuscule though.

Forget crotch rockets. Just no.
Ratzinger
+43|6400|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
The skills involved in rally driving make the others look weak. When Schumacher tried it he said that a rally driver could probably drive F1, but an F1 driver would find rallying difficult....
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
I am now officially pissed. SPEED is interrupting their coverage of 24 Hours of Le Mans for a NASCAR race put in-between there so I miss pretty much the first 12 hours but they did show the start and about a half hour afterwards.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6308

Stingray24 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

people actually watch nascar?  It's a car.. going in circles.. on a flat, paved surface.

neat.
And football is just a bunch of guys bumping into each other, basketball is just a bunch of guys tossing a ball at a hoop, and baseball is just a bunch of guys hitting and tossing a small white ball.
fecking pwnt.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6418|Espoo, Finland
Your topic title is too long.
It should be simply 'I hate NASCAR'.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker

CommieChipmunk wrote:

neat.
And football is just a bunch of guys bumping into each other, basketball is just a bunch of guys tossing a ball at a hoop, and baseball is just a bunch of guys hitting and tossing a small white ball.

Stormscythe wrote:

If you appreciatey guys shifting, going fast, controlling their cars and doing everything manually, I suggest the WRC series to you, Stingray
I'll definitely check it out.  Is it on SPEED channel?

DesertFox- wrote:

I am now officially pissed. SPEED is interrupting their coverage of 24 Hours of Le Mans for a NASCAR race put in-between there so I miss pretty much the first 12 hours but they did show the start and about a half hour afterwards.
I'm watching F1 practice on SPEED right now.  Don't see any NASCAR.  Favorite quote in F1 so far: There's a pigeon on the track.  Oh, now there's not.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-06-16 09:08:47)

Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6650|Uk
NASCAR...Wow, i can race in a circle...

Put some corners in the track...
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6308
NASCAR sucks. end of story.

You guys dont know how much training F1 drivers have to go though to be able to race...
jeepguy_1980
+4|6392|Moscow, ID
I think TNT is better for one reason. Fox decided to stop covering my area, so I have to watch the Fox broadcasts on my HDTV big screen using a set of rabbit ears to get a fuzzy race. Where as I can watch TNT in HD.

As for Bill Webber, TNT hired him because he was one of the broadcast members on ESPN that brought NASCAR into the big time. Granted, he was a pit road reporter, just as he started out doing for NBC. I think he made an awesome pit road reporter but he can be a bit too flowery as an announcer.
Widow_Warrior
+7|6497|SOUTH ENGLAND
Well im just about to watch qualifying for the F1 usa grand prix.
And they are racing round the real drivers indy circuit.
LOL  the 1 with left and right hand corners
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6553|Sverige (SWE)
NASCAR..... another pointless car sport... it´s only contributing to the global contamination.....
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6418|Espoo, Finland

Widow_Warrior wrote:

I bet you failed Maths.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6308

B-Scimitar wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

I bet you failed Maths.
Haha.
Widow_Warrior
+7|6497|SOUTH ENGLAND

B-Scimitar wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

I bet you failed Maths.
What the fuck you talking about ? maths has fuckall to do with that post, not my fault that our new english rookie , is wiping the floor with raikonnen

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard