Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

You're all missing the point - the concious 'collect-em-up' aspects of the game just FEED the addiction - it is the unconscious aspects that DRIVE the addiction - the main one of which is the continuing cost.

And no, people don't get addicted to free MMOs to quite the same degree - yes it still happens, but not to the same degree.

It's easier to quit free MMOs because there is no commitment involved.
Let me put it this way.

Im a rich cunt. I couldnt care less about the cost.

I no longer play because its boring.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Vilham wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

You're all missing the point - the concious 'collect-em-up' aspects of the game just FEED the addiction - it is the unconscious aspects that DRIVE the addiction - the main one of which is the continuing cost.

And no, people don't get addicted to free MMOs to quite the same degree - yes it still happens, but not to the same degree.

It's easier to quit free MMOs because there is no commitment involved.
Let me put it this way.

Im a rich cunt. I couldnt care less about the cost.

I no longer play because its boring.
Don't you (and all the other people saying "but $15 a month is nothing to me") not see? It's exactly because you don't care less about the cost that you were able to more easily stop playing. Because there wasn't ever any real commitment on your part.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.

ozzie_johnson wrote:

Most of the people who bag out wow have never played it.
That's what I used to do. "Aw WoW is shite, worst game ever" When I got a 14 day free trial in a Diablo 2 Battlechest, I decided to install it and give it ago...well, two level 70 characters later, here I am.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

farmerfez wrote:

lawl wow

play guildwars, its better and FREE
Quote for fucking win!
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6261
Its not the Cost at all it's the fact that it's made by Blizzard end of story. Every game they make is game of the year. Just look at all the hype for Starcraft 2 already.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard