SteikeTa
+153|6755|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I am using Nero 7 to burn my DVDs. At first I got a maximum speed at around 5000 KB/s. Then I bought Werbatin DVDs. Got a maximum speed of 22000 KB/s. But here's the thing; takes longer now. Why? Warum? Por que? Just before I put the DVD inside the rom, I get an option of Maximum speed but it disappear when it detects the Werbatin DVD.

Anyone want to explain why this happens? Remember not to be too technical since I really do not know much about these things.
SteikeTa
Anyone??
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6570|I'm a Viking....Norway
hæ??? your dvd player couldn't handle the speed then.... i don't know???
SteikeTa
As I wrote: why does it now take longer to burn a DVD when the program have faster burning speed than with the previous DVD I used? Previous DVD took about 35 min. Now with these Werbatin DVDs it takes 45 min to burn.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6494|Melbourne

Larger Data amounts?

like say the first  disc was 1GB and the second had 4GB to burn.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
DoughBoy
Banned
+1|6172
YEah.
TravisC555
+118|6226|Cox Convention Center, OK
Simple.. switch back to the DVDs that gave you the good speed.
SteikeTa

TravisC555 wrote:

Simple.. switch back to the DVDs that gave you the good speed.
Yeah, but I was just wondering why these DVDs, that are supposed to give me better speed, gives me the higher options and still take longer. Strange. Just bought a bag of crap!
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6454|Boulder, CO
the discs may have a set speed that they cannot be burnt any higher than to preserve quality of the files. Just a guess that sounded like it could make sense, like all the other things i say or do really.
SteikeTa

Noobeater wrote:

the discs may have a set speed that they cannot be burnt any higher than to preserve quality of the files. Just a guess that sounded like it could make sense, like all the other things i say or do really.
So the discs probably wont go as fast as the program (nero) says it can? Damn computers. We can send people to the moon but can't make me burn a DVD in less than 15 min!!! :S hehe

Well, if there's nothing I can do then there's nothing I can do.....
Profitteroles
+11|6246|Dartford
What sort of data are you trying to burn to disc because i can burn a dvd rip or image file in less than 5 mins
SteikeTa

Profitteroles wrote:

What sort of data are you trying to burn to disc because i can burn a dvd rip or image file in less than 5 mins
Trying to burn a DVD image. Think that's the word. Use Nero and mount the image into daemon tool. Then choose the option to copy DVD. Then it automatically selects the drive from where it burns the image.

First of all I extracted the image of course. In case you needed to know that info. I don't know. I'm clueless about these things though. It's crazy, taking longer now when it burns with a speed of 22000+ KB/s than when I used a DVD witch only could burn with a speed of 5000 KB/s.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard