Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6530|Bournemouth, South England
Spot an enemy corpse, sometimes it laughs.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6376|West NY

JFTM wrote:

a video on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cfd23xvqqw

it should work (if done correctly)
That's the laugh I would always hear. Hmm... I thought all of those things, too. I was playing POE2, though and I thought it was just the mod, because there are sounds you hear when you walk by things, like in the map 'Spies Like Us'
JFTM
+2|6246
And you don't have to have Battlefield 2142 installed, since patch 1.41 installed the sounds to your bf2 folder.
but from what im hearing from "ea" you need both 2142 and bf2 installed to do the "taunt" yourself.

Last edited by JFTM (2007-06-14 15:00:44)

Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6559|Las Vegas

WintersXP wrote:

I thinks it is a Taunt in bf2 i think they added in 1.4 patch
It's not a taunt, when a new feature comes out in a Patch, they kinda tell you how to use it. You see anyplace where it says how to taunt???

I have heard it a few times, still cannont find anything in common that makes it happen, like a Kill Assist or something. Just random.
nexONE
+0|6223
sorry that wuz me   i always laugh like this when stalking bf2 players from the back of their room... "HI HI"
PS: you have to be naked while spoting the dead enemy - thats the secret

Last edited by nexONE (2007-06-15 03:02:24)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6308|eng
I've heard it before, when i was commander. It was IO so i hadn't arty'd anything, it just came out of nowhere.....
#rekt
psH
Banned
+217|6405|Sydney

WintersXP wrote:

I thinks it is a Taunt in bf2 i think they added in 1.4 patch
[b]Once again, i think we have out winner!
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6501|Sheffield-England

chittydog wrote:

It's Halloween and Karkand is haunted from all the dead MEC that have been pwned there...
Dead MEC USMC
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6667|Top of the leaderboard.
in a thousand hours playing I've never heard it, but i do remember that when you registered your name for bf2142 they said you could use taunts in the upcoming patch (1.41) so i don't know.....
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6731|th3 unkn0wn

BBradley wrote:

I jumped on-line for a couple of rounds this afternoon, and out of no where I heard someone laugh.  A sinister little laugh is the only way I can describe it (NO BS).  I was not in a squad, VOIP is disabled in my audio options anyway, and I was not on Team Speak.  WTF!?  The first thing I thought was, I've been friggin hacked.  So I minimized BF2, checked my task manager, and BF2 just quits.  System scans and firewall logs turned up clean.  I told a couple of my friends and they said maybe it was an echo or some shit.  Fine.  I jump on again around 10pm (EST) and at 11:30 I fucking hear it again.  Same exact laugh, different server, but same map (Karkand).  This time I finished the round, quit the game, and checked my PC again. 

I know it sounds retarded but this is a totally honest post.  I can't possibly be the only one that this has happened to.
Hmmm...I don't really know wot to say except that it looks like someone's routine checkup with his shrink is overdue
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6374|uk

I heard it the other day- and it was ME doing it.

I have registered for the Veterans Program, but I have never had 2142 on my Computer.

I was just spotting enemies after a scan... and I must have spotted a critically wounded soldier, because I heard it.

It was me who did it, because I was all alone at the suburb
weasel_thingo
+74|6349
do you actually need the veterans program to do this? or just have 2142 installed, i heard it when i was commander yesterday for about the 5th time. i would sign up for the veterans program but it isnt working for some reason...

EDIT: can you here others do it?

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2007-06-22 19:55:50)

Flyboy63
+8|6726|South Australia
I dont have pos 2142 installed & I have heard it a lot..
JaggedPanther
+61|6496
JEBUZ!! IF YOU REALLY NEED TO HEAR IT "SPOT" SOMEONE JUST BEFORE THEY DIE.

But do it on a single player mission cos WE DON"T WANT TO HEAR ENEMY SPOTTED SPAM ONLINE (especially commanders) !!!!!!!!!!! YA HEAR ME!
103Steve
+2|6178|England
Haha, I thought it was just me hearing things or someone outside my window, but when it happened the second time I knew it was the game, but thought it was weird as I had never read about it.
I was in the airfield bunker on Wake commanding and I heard this evil kind of laugh, at first I thought it was an enemy standing over watching me but I looked round and nobody was there.
To be honest it scared the s**t out of me and I got the feeling when your heart gets a shock and the blood kind of goes cold.

Last edited by 103Steve (2007-06-24 17:30:14)

Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6242|cs_connecticut‬‭
Heres a vid about it. It sucks but it's one of the only ones.
ForcesofChaos
+2|6257
^lol, and i dont have 2142 but still hear it by the way.
^JP^
+5|6179
this thing has happened to me alot, but the only level that i have experianced it is on jalalabad. there are also a few wierd sounds when i was commanding once, but i cant remember what they were. this laugh normally happens to me when im in a squad and totally fucking kids up, in other words just generally being a medic whore.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6600|Columbus, OH
I haven't heard the laughter yet though the  wolf howling in Midnight Sun freaked me out at first.
Suicidal
+20|6530
The reason you dont hear it much is nobody can be arsed to spot dead enemies when there's a war going on....that is all.
SniperPoppa
+20|6175|Gisborne, Australia
Iv'e heard it 5 times fuck yeah!
arhopkins3
+5|6255|United Kingdom
I heard the laugh twice in quick succession. Somebody with me in the tower in Ghost Town was chucking nades at an enemy squad. I dont know what HE did to make the sound but twice I heard the guy next to me laughing (again, not through VoIP).
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6346|Graz, Austria

Klinka-Klinko wrote:

Heres a vid about it. It sucks but it's one of the only ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9a0uk-526k
Where the heck did you find that orange hot rod car?
Larsenovic
+2|6412

JFTM wrote:

a video on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cfd23xvqqw

it should work (if done correctly)
Perhaps I'm just having hearing problems. Iv´e never heard the laugh, and I can´t hear it on the video....
But if it´s truly one of the laughs in the video with the orange car, I will look forward to hear it. Never signed up for anything regarding 2142.

Iv´e read another thread on this topic a couple of months ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard