KrisPOLANDnorwida
Battlefield 2 killa'
+128|6298|SHAPE, Belgium
YEahhh, look at my sig. I made it using is tips. thx again. Karma tomorrow again!!
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

pers0nah wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Yeah just one thing, I'm stuck at the part of adding the F-18? With you I see another screen in the sig screen..I don't get it..
Yes same problem as me!
Personah, you need to make a new layer before you put in the picture of the jet, that way it won't become the background. And RDMC, I'm not sure exactly what your question is, if you're asking how to actually get the picture into photoshop, try File>Open, then drag the image into the sig window. If both of these windows are not shown at once, push the "restore down" button in the upper right hand corner thats right under the photoshop window control buttons. The ones that are colored grayish. Sorry if thats confusing.

And good beginner tutorial Z, I'm glad this was stickied.

Last edited by Home (2007-06-14 13:59:33)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

RDMC(2) wrote:

Yeah just one thing, I'm stuck at the part of adding the F-18? With you I see another screen in the sig screen..I don't get it..
He just opened a new Picture in Photoshop.

Just like when you press "File -> New".

You could just copy/paste the image onto a new layer in your sig if you want to do that.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Yes same problem as me!
Personah, you need to make a new layer before you put in the picture of the jet, that way it won't become the background. And RDMC, I'm not sure exactly what your question is, if you're asking how to actually get the picture into photoshop, try File>Open, then drag the image into the sig window. If both of these windows are not shown at once, push the "restore down" button in the upper right hand corner thats right under the photoshop window control buttons. The ones that are colored grayish. Sorry if thats confusing.
Ah yeah.. I think thats one of the FEW changes from CS2 - 3..

alright.. the thing about the layer being locked.. you can just right click on the layer, and chose dublicate layer and just drag the new layer over there.. cause it wont be locked then..

Also I'm not quite sure I fully understand (I am danish, you know ) but the:

With you I see another screen in the sig screen..
Is that the two windows you are refering to?.. I'm probably worng, but then again I easily misunderstand stuff
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR
So i created a new layer before i dragged it over...

then what? where do i drop it? It does the same thing? do i have to do some other trickery lol?
Home
Section.80

pers0nah wrote:

then what? where do i drop it? It does the same thing? do i have to do some other trickery lol?
It does basically the same thing, you should just be able to follow the rest of the tutorial like normal from there.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

It does basically the same thing, you should just be able to follow the rest of the tutorial like normal from there.
nope, ill drag the new picture onto the screen and all previous layers will dissappear. i just have this image, nothing behind it or anything. ill just get CS3. ive obviously fucked one of the settings up.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

pers0nah wrote:

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

nope, ill drag the new picture onto the screen and all previous layers will dissappear. i just have this image, nothing behind it or anything. ill just get CS3. ive obviously fucked one of the settings up.
Hmm sounds very... ehm.. wierd. that it erases the other layers, a shame I can't have a look over your shoulder and see what you are doing (wrong?)

I'll soon be heading to bed, but I'll try to figure something out by tomorrow..

and btw thanks Home for helping out with some advice for people
Home
Section.80

pers0nah wrote:

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

Hmm. Weird. Try selecting the whole jet picture, with the Rectangluar Marquee tool, and then copy + paste it onto the new one. If that doesn't work, I don't know.

Z-trooper wrote:

and btw thanks Home for helping out with some advice for people
No problem.

Last edited by Home (2007-06-14 15:16:54)

pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

Home wrote:

Hmm. Weird. Try selecting the whole jet picture, with the Rectangluar Marquee tool, and then copy + paste it onto the new one. If that doesn't work, I don't know.
yeah good idea, ill try it tomorrow! karma for you and Z anyway!
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Not bad, but that seems like a lot of pictures for such a basic signature.

Good job none-the-less.
I would make a tutorial, maybe for my Crysis signature, but I'm too lazy to save and upload all those screenies.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

Ryan wrote:

Not bad, but that seems like a lot of pictures for such a basic signature.

Good job none-the-less.
I would make a tutorial, maybe for my Crysis signature, but I'm too lazy to save and upload all those screenies.
well.. its for beginners, and like you say, there is a lot of uploading, sorting and writing going on.. due to this, I have to make a pretty basic sig.. it would simply be a too great challange to teach a beginner to make a unique sig with these small steps..

you and your crysis sigs whats up with that.. everyone has a crysis sig now a days.. this site it for Battlefield 2
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6319|Iowa...
thanks for the guide,definately worth a +1.i used some of the things from your guide to make a quick PS of Lebron James.what do you think?

https://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4474/james1dt2.png
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6391|California, US
this has been really helpful dude thanks alot
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark
Alright, I realize that a group of people have trouble importing images into the working file.
So I've uploaded a .psd file where the grey background, the box and the f18 is.. I've also imported the fireworks image if the problem should show it self there.. but I've made it invisible - see Step 8 for info on this..

good luck people

the file can be downloaded here...

EDIT: I've updated the guide with this since it seems that its a problem that is bugging more than one person..

Also - you don't have to use my .psd file (you can), but you can also use my .psd file to drag and drop the pictures

Last edited by Z-trooper (2007-06-15 03:28:38)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

Z-trooper wrote:

Home wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

Yes same problem as me!
Ah yeah.. I think thats one of the FEW changes from CS2 - 3..

alright.. the thing about the layer being locked.. you can just right click on the layer, and chose dublicate layer and just drag the new layer over there.. cause it wont be locked then..

Also I'm not quite sure I fully understand (I am danish, you know ) but the:

With you I see another screen in the sig screen..
Is that the two windows you are refering to?.. I'm probably worng, but then again I easily misunderstand stuff
Yeah that is what I meant, was a bit tired yesterday, couldn't make up the right words Thnx anyway, gonna give it ago.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6517|the best galaxy
Nice guide for sure. +1
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fÄking denmark
Well, I don't get how you can choose "Modify" under STEP 4 (And I'm Danish too )
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Well, I don't get how you can choose "Modify" under STEP 4 (And I'm Danish too )
You have to have a selection before you can chose the menu "modify".. or else there is no selection to modify..
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6642|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
With an image like that you dont even have to use the pen tool... There's an easier way to render from background that differs from object

http://www.devcustoms.com/hair-extraction.dev

could help just differ actions when needed
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6409|somewhere other then here
i love this guide what do you think of this.
https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/voodoosniper7/firstpsig-2.png
its my first PS sig. i used to have paint.net its really junkie
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Use the right shade of grey (#323232 for those who don't know), or make it transparent.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

voodoosniper7 wrote:

i love this guide what do you think of this.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206 … psig-2.png
its my first PS sig. i used to have paint.net its really junkie
looks good.. really good glad that my guide could help you

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Use the right shade of grey (#323232 for those who don't know), or make it transparent.
hmm dont know whats wrong with your screen but when I prt scr and sample the background color its #3838383 and his sig looks good to me, no visibles lines due to color difference here..

but please let me know if thats the case, it could be my comp thats having a problem - but I have tested it on all 3 of my comps, and no color difference.. all #383838

Last edited by Z-trooper (2007-06-18 01:03:16)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

For me it's #383838 at least...

BTW you should do the intermediate one.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

NooBesT wrote:

For me it's #383838 at least...

BTW you should do the intermediate one.
thanks.. I might do that, but it'll be a while, because of my exams and the summer comming up. It takes a lot of time doing it.. but for intermediate/advanced some of the pr0's here have begun posting videos of themselves making sigs.. and like Ryan said, he might do a guide so I'm kind of thinking "why bother?"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard