Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6798|Top of the leaderboard.
Sure I will get the FBI to let me get the tapes the recorded of me and my buddy talking and send them right over.  Seriously, dont believe me, It doesn't bother me, I just thought I would give a heads up to people.  Take it as you want.

I'm not out to make enemies, I'm just trying to help fellow bf2s'ers out.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6900|The United Center

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

yeah the difference is i DONT make 20 posts saying ZOMG haxorz and leetness and whatever, I'm actually above the age of fourteen and not pulling it out of my ass, but as i said in the original post, i understand most wont believe me.  I just thought that would make it pointless to post that you actually didn't believe me.......guess not.

Its funny, I never posted anything before that I knew of, and this time i try to help out and i get shit for it.  guess thats what I get for not making threads about "yur fav weapon joo ownzor nubs wif" first so everyone can recognize my name.
It's not that no one knows your name.  It doesn't matter who posts it.  Hell, if I made a thread right now saying exactly what you said in your original post, no one would believe me.

It's not the messenger, it's that there's no proof to back up the message.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6605|Cambridge, UK

ThomasMorgan wrote:

It gets annoying when I'm trying to play Wake and it's impossible to capture the airfield because there's an AT and support guy sitting inside the building at the flag.  Maybe you see it differently, but that actually does affect my enjoyment level during a round.

What's so bad about subscriptions?  I would much rather pay $5-$10 per month and get a game where known glitches and bugs are prioritized and fixed...instead of having to deal with them for the duration of the game.

I mean, come on, the red-name glitch?  The invisible wall on Dragon Valley and Operation Clean Sweep?  The terrible hitbox coding?  The J10>F35 in every situation? TV missiles going through helicopters?  Private glitch?  Wall glitching in Karkand, Surge, Mass Destruction, Night Flight, Dragon Valley, Sharqi, and Wake?

...but yeah, I must just be making all of that up.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you/others make up that 'glitches' exist.... I just don't come across them very often (or at all), and the fact that so many people play 1000+ hours always makes me think it cant be that common for others either!

I was aware of some building glitches exist - but I've never actually come across one on server (only on vids) in 350+ hours

I didn't say there was anything bad with subs - I would pay quarterly, 6 months or yearly sub (as long as there was new content/map for each sub period)

Wrong colour tag bug I have seen - add no more than a dozen deaths and tks for that one (10 minutes of annoyance in 350+ hours)

Invisible walls - lol - totally new one on me

Private bug - seen, half a dozen times, only downside no unlocks? doesn't bother me

Is there a on-line FPS that people don't complain about hit-boxes?

J10>F35>group troops - Its not a glitch its a setting!

If you/others get these problems on a regular basis that suxs (alot) but I don't believe most do...

BF2 (and BF1942) are one of the least buggy games I've played..... people appear to think games (and other software) should be perfect and don't appear to appreciate how difficult that is.

On-Topic: I'm sure EA will try to fix many of the above (and only succeed at some) - but some will moan whatever they do/don't do - I'll reserve judgment till I actually see it/play it.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6811|California
Verifying client data takes maybe 10 to 15 sec.

You have to empty you favorites in server list.

it takes maybe 30 secs. to get in game for me... always.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6744|Reisterstown, MD

Ok.  So let me get this right.....You are perturbed that I don't believe your statement that there will be another patch for BF2 and you retort with "I am a doody head" as a sarcastic reply to ThomasMorgan?  Interesting....You haven't provided any proof that there will be another patch.  Just because you don't post a lot or make threads doesn't mean you can be believed anymore than if I make a thread saying there will be a new patch.   Without proof, all you can make are assumptions and innuendo. 
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
Well I guess theres no way for me to present cold hard proof backing myself up, so I must be lying.  Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Honestly though, take away from this thread what you will, whether you believe me (thank you) or not (to each their own)  I'm gonna go cockslap some bitches in game.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6768|Kent, UK

killer21 wrote:

Ok.  So let me get this right.....You are perturbed that I don't believe your statement that there will be another patch for BF2 and you retort with "I am a doody head" as a sarcastic reply to ThomasMorgan?  Interesting....You haven't provided any proof that there will be another patch.  Just because you don't post a lot or make threads doesn't mean you can be believed anymore than if I make a thread saying there will be a new patch.   Without proof, all you can make are assumptions and innuendo. 
if chuy made this post i would bet a much larger proportion would believe him, or afraid to say otherwise
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
and not to be the language police, but I didn't make innuendo, i said what i thought, and if i were making assumptions i wouldn't have wrote that i talked to somebody and heard it from them i would have said " so heres what i think will happen..."

cheers
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

KylieTastic wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Blah blah blah...
...and another long quote...
There are quite a few places where you can glitch into walls.  Without going into every single one, I've found the most popular ones are: Karkand Hotel, Karkand Square, Surge Command Bunker, Dragon Valley Docks...and so on.

Wrong tag I've seen quite a few times.  The thing I hate about this is that in all my time of playing CS and DoD, I've never seen someone with a glitch like this.  If Valve got it right, why can't DICE?

Invisible walls- When flying on Dragon Valley, there's a wall near the crane at the Docks CP.  I don't exactly know where it is because I avoid that area like the plague when I'm flying.  Same goes for OpCleanSweep's MEC Airstrip flag.  The wall is actually in the out of bounds area, but I've still hit it quite a few times.

Private bug- No unlocks, yes, but this one annoyed the hell out of me when I was going for my distinguished service medal and needed command time.  Everytime I would get outranked by someone who was actually a few ranks below me.

Hitboxes- You're right, no game is perfect, but I can't recall any other game where the hitboxes lag so far behind.  It's most obvious when knifing someone and you get the puff of dust but no hit indicator...or when you're trying to TV missile helicopters.  I can't even count how many times I've had a TV missile go through an enemy chopper.  On the other hand, I can't even count how many times I've completely missed the enemy chopper, only to have it register as a hit.

J10>F35- I didn't say this was a glitch.  I just said the J10 is better.  Firing AA at a J10 is like trying to grab onto a live fish covered in butter with lightning quick reflexes.  Meanwhile, the only evasive maneuvers you have in the F35 are flares...or bailing.
Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6514|United States

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

I will believe it when i see it.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6912|Denmark
... so thats the patch that will add Tampa Highway..
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6333
I love all the negativity towards this game and EA/ Dice..etc, etc, etc. Honestly, I have played about 415 hours in a year and a half, I don't play on a daily basis and actually didn't play for about 5 months in one stretch but no matter what, this IS a great game regardless of the bugs. Its a game and I don't care if there is one more fix or not. There are still tons of people playing, there are still tons of servers to choose from and I will continue to play well into the future, even if another game gets my attention.

Yes, crazy things happen during game play, a lot of it due to connections, pings, lag..etc. I would say those make up the majority of weird kills and deaths. Just think about how far gaming has come in a few short years. BF2 was a very ambitious effort when you consider of MOH, COD and earlier Battlefields were like.

Glitchers annoy me sometimes, but they are easy to avoid when you know its happening and from what I understand, dolphin diving and bunny hopping was addressed and is not like it used to be. Look, we don't work inside EA or Dice and none of us knows what their meetings are about. I'm sure there are meetings all the time to address old and new games. Anyhow, for a game everyone complains about, there seems to be tons of people playing a lot more than me...so there must be something right and enjoyable about the game. Ill continue playing regardless, it doesn't get to me like it gets to others. I have other more important things to truly worry about.

Remember, we all paid a one time price for this game(well some of us did) and a little more for the expansions, but we all can play online for NOTHING for as long as we want. Now, if I had to pay a monthly fee, then yes, I would be pissed and wanting tons of support and responses to problems. My two cents.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6682|Belgium

RDMC(2) wrote:

On a side note though, split up your text next time, makes it easier to read.
+1 for actually following up the advice
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6661|Bournemouth, South England
Bring on Patch Fever, AGAIN!

Gonna be 30 threads a day "ZoMG! PAtch x.xx is here!!11", "Patch x.xx won't d/l", "Whats a Patch?" for the next month at least...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6350|Winland

RDMC(2) wrote:

We will just have to take your word for this, anyway, we were pretty sure that there was going to be a patch anyway because of the suprise launch of Highway Tampa. Thanks for confirming this once again. On a side note though, split up your text next time, makes it easier to read.
Highway Tampa was actually coded by Intel, therefore the ads.

/offtopic

Nice with some confirmation.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
d.cripz
+29|6562
My friend beta is beta testing the new patch. He says there is going to be an added map, (which we already know) and there is going to be another Anti-Tank unlock. He told me that it isn't going to be a shotgun. Finally, the only other big change is that the blackhawk machine guns will be fixed once again so you will be able to hit things while flying.

Last edited by d.cripz (2007-06-13 12:56:11)

Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6628|Belgium

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Bring on Patch Fever, AGAIN!

Gonna be 30 threads a day "ZoMG! PAtch x.xx is here!!11", "Patch x.xx won't d/l", "Whats a Patch?" for the next month at least...
I will probably be a creator of one of those threads, just to make you feel all nice and warm and cuddly inside:P
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6628|Belgium

d.cripz wrote:

My friend beta is beta testing the new patch. He says there is going to be an added map, (which we already know) and there is going to be another Anti-Tank unlock. He told me that it isn't going to be a shotgun. Finally, the only other big change is that the blackhawk machine guns will be fixed once again so you will be able to hit things while flying.
^^ lookin forward to it already....
hollabackitsobi
+1|6400

ThomasMorgan wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

I doubt a new patch will save this game.
A new patch would've been helpful months ago before people felt alienated by EA's lack of attention toward all of BF2's faults.  Sorry, but having CTDs occur with regularity, numerous glitches in game, and what seems to be a lack of regard for public interest, EA really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Had they addressed things in a timely matter, then yeah, I would be excited about a new patch.  But this game has been out for two years already and it still feels like it's in beta testing.  I can't remember the last time I was able to play a round of BF2 without someone stat padding, glitching, or me CTDing.

This game could've been great.  This game could've been a stepping stone for future FPS war games.

Instead, it failed miserably.
rofl, says the guy that spent 1000 hrs playing BF2.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

hollabackitsobi wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

A new patch would've been helpful months ago before people felt alienated by EA's lack of attention toward all of BF2's faults.  Sorry, but having CTDs occur with regularity, numerous glitches in game, and what seems to be a lack of regard for public interest, EA really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Had they addressed things in a timely matter, then yeah, I would be excited about a new patch.  But this game has been out for two years already and it still feels like it's in beta testing.  I can't remember the last time I was able to play a round of BF2 without someone stat padding, glitching, or me CTDing.

This game could've been great.  This game could've been a stepping stone for future FPS war games.

Instead, it failed miserably.
rofl, says the guy that spent 1000 hrs playing BF2.
rofl, says the guy who didn't read my other posts in this thread.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6598|The Land of Scott Walker
I’m with KylieTastic on this one.  I’ve never understood the whining about BF2 problems when everyone has played so much.  When I first bought BF2, my PC could just barely handle it on low settings and I had a lot of problems.  So I upgraded and presto .  .  . no issues with a better processor, more ram, and a beefed up vid card.  1.3 was the only patch that causes issues for me, but after that everything was fine.  Sure, once in awhile I CTD, but that’s extremely rare and can happen in any game.  I see no red bug, no missiles failing to hit, no glitching, and I’m blowing people away so the hitboxes must be fine.  Having said that, I believe everyone that says they have issues in game.  I just can’t blame it all on the game.   

Is BF2 perfect? No, but I haven’t found a game in my 17 years of PC gaming that is.  This game has given us all a lot of fun and most of us have played for hundreds and even thousands of hours.  If it’s really THAT bad we would never have played even close to that level.  What’s so bad about subscriptions?  They cost money when I’ve already paid $40-50 to purchase the game.  I buy a game to treat myself and the addition cost would cause me to leave the game on the shelf.  As a family man I’m too much of a casual gamer now to be paying monthly.  I’d play waaay too much in order to feel like I was getting my money’s worth.
The_killer2
hai
+36|6329|North Carolina

d.cripz wrote:

Once again how do you expect people to believe you? You have no proof what so ever, you could just be making this up for all we know.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6744|Reisterstown, MD

Matt^ wrote:

d.cripz wrote:

Once again how do you expect people to believe you? You have no proof what so ever, you could just be making this up for all we know.
Exactly.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6621

Stingray24 wrote:

I’m with KylieTastic on this one.  I’ve never understood the whining about BF2 problems when everyone has played so much.  When I first bought BF2, my PC could just barely handle it on low settings and I had a lot of problems.  So I upgraded and presto .  .  . no issues with a better processor, more ram, and a beefed up vid card.  1.3 was the only patch that causes issues for me, but after that everything was fine.  Sure, once in awhile I CTD, but that’s extremely rare and can happen in any game.  I see no red bug, no missiles failing to hit, no glitching, and I’m blowing people away so the hitboxes must be fine.  Having said that, I believe everyone that says they have issues in game.  I just can’t blame it all on the game.   

Is BF2 perfect? No, but I haven’t found a game in my 17 years of PC gaming that is.  This game has given us all a lot of fun and most of us have played for hundreds and even thousands of hours.  If it’s really THAT bad we would never have played even close to that level.  What’s so bad about subscriptions?  They cost money when I’ve already paid $40-50 to purchase the game.  I buy a game to treat myself and the addition cost would cause me to leave the game on the shelf.  As a family man I’m too much of a casual gamer now to be paying monthly.  I’d play waaay too much in order to feel like I was getting my money’s worth.
My thoughts exactly.
']['error
Banned
+630|6797|The Netherlands

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard