Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Those G8 party's seem like the place to be.

In other French news....
Parliamentary sweep for Sarkozy
President Nicolas Sarkozy's right-wing party made a strong showing in the first round of parliamentary voting. According to TNS-SOFRES projection, the right wing will win between 405 and 445 seats in next week's 2nd round, compared with 120-160 seats for the left.

PARIS, June 10 (Reuters)-  French conservatives were headed
for a parliamentary landslide after elections on Sunday,
bolstering President Nicolas Sarkozy's plans to implement
wide-ranging reforms.

https://i10.tinypic.com/4mkj11e.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

Either that or he's high.
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6430|Melbourne, AUS
wtf? i wish i could've understood what he was saying.
"this is awesome. you guys look like purple furry ewoks. hehehee"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

maffiaw wrote:

You don't really need it , but roughly, “as you prefer it, if you wish questions to be asked, ask the questions”
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6336|Brussels, Belgium

Kmarion wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

You don't really need it , but roughly, “as you prefer it, if you wish questions to be asked, ask the questions”
Yes, good translation and before that he said that he was late because his meeting with Putin lasted longer.

At the beginning, the journalist said that he probably drank more than water.

As I see his speeches pretty often, I can see that he is slightly drunk.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

What I don't understand is that France was invaded by nationalists during WWII, and now they want to be ones aswell.

France, the country where people just don't learn.
I need around tree fiddy.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6528|Πάϊ
Actually the French are quite particular when it comes to voting*... You can't really tell. One thing is for sure. If Sarkozy tried to fuck them over somehow they are sure to kick him right out. Getting drunk won't help either!

Btw I bet Putin walked out of there sober

* well ok its not just the voting but anyway!

Last edited by oug (2007-06-11 07:57:06)

ƒ³
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6577|Oxford
I'm at a loss as to why people are having a go at Sarkozy. He's the best thing that has happened to France for years, is driving radical reforms and doing so with cross party support. He was voted in by one of the most informed electorates in Europe in an election that was a triumph of democracy with one of the highest voter turnouts ever.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

RicardoBlanco wrote:

I'm at a loss as to why people are having a go at Sarkozy. He's the best thing that has happened to France for years, is driving radical reforms and doing so with cross party support. He was voted in by one of the most informed electorates in Europe in an election that was a triumph of democracy with one of the highest voter turnouts ever.
He only got elected because his opponent was a commie and a woman.
Lost Hope
Lurker

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

No, he got elected because he was all the time on tv. France is becoming like the US, people will vote for whoever they see most on tv that says what they want to ear. I don't know if Royal would have been better but Sarkozy will definitely ruin France, the debt won't be lowered and will even be worse as he has to pay for the reforms he plans to achieve.

We'll see how things will turn but i don't think it will be fine, if he privatizes the French rail, then it will be the beginning of the end.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

Man he looks and sounds well pissed.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

RicardoBlanco wrote:

And a racist. Don't forget Le Pen.
Lost Hope
Lurker

Bertster7 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Sarkozy actually stole the electors of Le Pen.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6577|Oxford

Bertster7 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Wow. So you both believe he was elected because he was only up against a racist and a 'communist woman'!? Thats a remarkable insight in to your levels of knowledge into European politics.

Regardless, France is going to thrive as a result of his leadership and it wouldn't surprise me if, in the not too distant future, there was a new 'special relationship' in which France played the 'trusted ally' to the US.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire
Hilarious... I've been in the Czech Republic all week and only saw this a couple of days ago on BBC world. Reminds me a little of the time Yeltsin got so drunk on his visit to Ireland they couldn't wake him up for his meeting with An Taoiseach Albert Reynolds.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
He's drunk with power....  j/k
Skorpy-chan
+127|6354|Twyford, UK

RicardoBlanco wrote:

1. He's drunk. On live TV, no less, and at the G8 conference.

2. He's French. Do I need any more reason?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

Skorpy-chan wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

1. He's drunk. On live TV, no less, and at the G8 conference.

2. He's French. Do I need any more reason?
[French Accent]Heh, his children need wine.[/French Accent]
TSI master 13.7
+1|6171|Suresnes,France/Ottawa,Canada
Sarkozy is, on paper, a good thing for France, with all of the much-needed reform he promises. However, he may be at times detrimental: this is a perfect example of national image at its lowest.
But yet, the reason for which he gained power was simply because his policies appealed to more people than Ségo's. So, naturally, people will argue that he cheated, that he had an unfair advantage, that Ségo was disadvantaged as a woman, whatever. Everyone needs to remember that we French are the crème of the wierd politicians: think De Gaulle, think Mitterand, think Chirac even. That is why we elect drunks, they are such an epitome of our misinterpreted personnality.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard