PangeaLeader
+5|6171
Hi, my name is Peyrac and i need your help. Its about my computer/connection/settings (dunno actually it could be something else). It is like this: I bought a new 8/1 mb connection. It was working perfect, every bullet registered as I aimed and shot people. On other occasions it didnt work so well, but it was still good. After March everything seemed to go down hill, its clearly visible from stats also. My hit-reg was getting worse and more worse until finnaly it reached the point it was too bad, so I reformatted my computer, put vital programs back onto the harddrive (including bf2) and when i tried to play  - there was no difference at all. So I was that annoyed I bought a brand new connection ( 10 / 1 Mb ). Before I got it, i asked about 10 or more people who had the same connection, and everybody said how great connection this is, and that they dont have any problems with it. Now I have it, there is no difference at all. Also, its kind of getting worse.

IMPORTANT
1.Problem : people dont die. They just dont die, after 15 direct hits in the body, 12 hits in the head/neck, they dont die by a grenade, C4… Its kind of like this: I come behind them, and shoot 15 bullets in his head, to kill him. Karkand, hotel flag, me on small roof. I threw 2 grenades and they exploded 1 metre away from his face and i also shot him – and he took no damaget. Then again i was coming down the hill, and saw 6 guys standing very close to each other. I threw 4 grenades in the middle of them – and only 1 died. Its terrible, it makes me useless, and it takes all the fun away. I even stopped playing gathers/matches 1.5 months ago. Its pointless for me. I know that everybody gets smoke in bf2, but they also get kill. I get only smoke, or no hits AT ALL. Yesterday i fired 14 bullets from AK into somebodies face who was sat 5 metres away. It was like i was shooting a brick wall. BTW i am talking about PUBLIC noobs - which means that there is no tweaks which could cause smoke and no hit on them, like if i would be playing gathers.

I dont know what is wrong. MY PROGRAMS :

XoftSpySe – vs spy programs and other threats.
RegCure – vs every register problems like file/path references, empty registry keys…
F-Secure – My antivirus – but i have no viruses because they were ( if they were on computer ) deleted thru the formatting. When i start playing i disable firewall – no difference.
Windows XP Sp2 – windows firewall is disabled. No difference.

MY COMPUTER :
- Processor : AMD Athlon X2 3800
- Graphic Card : Geforce 8800 GTS 320 Mb ( previous graph – GF 7600 GT )
- 2 GB ramm DDR 320
- 2x HDD ATA 133 + external
- Sound Card : X-FI Extreme
- Mother board : ASUS A8N5X
- Connection : DSL 10/1 Mb
- Power Supplier/ Main Adapter : 550 W ( ? not sure about the word )

Other : Mouse – Logitech Mx 518 ( new, bought 1 month ago )

I would record this to you guys, but somehow there is a second problem: My fraps laggs so much that i cant even shoot normally. I set it to 30 fps, and also : no sound recording. I have to say that i had fraps before, i was recording before (i made 40GB of movies with fraps), but i had worse computer. I didnt have the X2 processor and also not an GF 8800 GTS (i had 7600 GT).

- no signs of viruses
- no signs of spy programs
- no signs of over heating

I have asked many people. I have asked my clanmembers, my friends, i took my computer to a professional and i know he knows ALOT about computers. He came to my house and tried to fix the problem and there was NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. I do not know what else i can do. I have searched through forums with no result. Plus I dont understand English very well. I searched thru EA forums. … i have the latest patch, and the latest update for Punkbuster. + uninstalling and installing bf2 back again – didnt help a bit. I have also tested my connection on SpeedTest.net and my connection seems to be ok, 9200 kbps download / 930 kbps upload, latency 31 ms.
I definatly dont use any type of tweak. My usersettings are default, and i hate tweakers because i think it isnt for the real skilled players ( i dont know if tweaking effects on hits or no ). I have also uninstalled drivers for graphic card and BIOS and installed the latest version for both. No difference. + My all ports are opened.

BIG TRICK :
My connection ( I DONT KNOW if its the connection who causes problems ) is working 90 – 95 % of the time BAD. But on the strange hours ( like very early in the morning or very late 3.00 am + ) its working fine. Its working well. But i have asked people with my current connection, and they have said that its working perfect with bf2 for them and with other games also. So is it connection or computer ? Computer settings? Active unnecessary programs? If you think you know PLEASE TELL ME !

Some of you might say that i am noob, because you dont know me, but :
- I play for Team imm0rtal
- http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … smegy8.png    you ll love this one. seriously.
- http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … resbl0.png   left : PRESENT, right : PAST. right side were made on about november 2006.
- http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … us1ju8.png  my previous account, got reset at December 2006.
- http://bf2s.com/player/88043305/   PangeaLeader inf only account. connection problems are already visible.
- http://bf2s.com/player/98941239/   PentaDemos account. playing in all pain this problem is causing it to me.

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. Please if you dont know, ask your friends, clanmembers, family members… i ll apprechiate all help.

My xfire is : Peyrac - if you know the reason for all this, please add me.

Rewards :

- Karma every day if you want
- Your name in the sig in all forums i ll signed in as : The great helper + your name
- Immortality in my memory about bf2
- I can tell you some tactics, tell you some tricks, things you havent knew yet or something ?
- You will feel better because you helped to a desperate person
- i dunno ?

To administrators of this forum : i have 2 accounts but i dont think its by the rules. please DELETE my previous one with name peyrac please. i would like to keep this one.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6514|Bournemouth, South England
You may have a massive HitReg issue, or just suck...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
Maybe you should get a Network Interface Card: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory … face-Cards

They help a lot with HitReg stuff in Counter-Strike games so I don't see why they wouldn't help in BF2.  They can drop some ping and make you surf the internet faster too.  It offloads the internet processing work done by the CPU to the processor on the card so it will give you a little bit more FPS, although you have an 8800 so that shouldn't really be much of a problem anyway.

These two are the best ones on the market if a little pricey:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi … t+Networks

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-06-11 17:35:14)

san4
The Mas
+311|6694|NYC, a place to live

PangeaLeader wrote:

MY COMPUTER :
- 2 GB ramm DDR 320
Is your RAM DDR or DDR2?
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

Lol at the third picture link.

Searching for a folder called 'Hip Hop'
wingman_lajoda
+17|6774|Gainesville, FL
BIG TRICK :
My connection ( I DONT KNOW if its the connection who causes problems ) is working 90 – 95 % of the time BAD. But on the strange hours ( like very early in the morning or very late 3.00 am + ) its working fine. Its working well.
What internet service did you have? Cable or DSL

If it cable you can call your ISP and ask they for your SNR measures. Don't trust the measures on the modem.

If the service is DSL call the ISP to see if your line is configured on FAST Path or Interleaved. The best option for games is fast path.

Post a tracert and a ping -t to yahoo.com

To see if theres a problem in the conection
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6664|California
Look at his K/D ratio...

What is he missing...

He doesnt die...
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6234|Scotland!
His newest account has a much lower KDR because of the hitreg issue that's started. Just because his lowest KDR is still nice and high doesn't mean he shouldn't look for a solution to the problem.

And for Pangea, if you have hitreg issues tweaking could fix them a lot. give it a try, I've added you to xfire.

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-06-11 18:38:13)

B|ackhawk
+12|6206|Manchester, England

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Look at his K/D ratio...

What is he missing...

He doesnt die...
any skilled player can do that if they start a new account just for a big KD
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6664|California
Why would a skilled player get his account reset...?

PS - I was talking to the OP, not you guys, so I could care less what you have to say..

I'll wait for his response.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6234|Scotland!

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

PS - I was talking to the OP, not you guys, so I could care less what you have to say..

Yeah cause that's how a forum thread works.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6296|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Heehee, Jameseyy's like Cougar but less douchey.

I honestly mean that in the nicest way possible.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Dragonclaw
+186|6311|Florida

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Oh I dont know...because they dont give a shit about the rules and blatantly statpad to have fun on pubs?
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6495|Kamloops, BC Canada
I bet he's exaggerating the problem (with a KDR like that, the problem cant be that bad). I mean maybe it seems bad because before 'every bullet hit'... but my hit reg has always been bad.

For example when I was playing on Sharqi this morning I was taking pot shots with the AK at a guy who was standing still (musta been AFK) and my first 4 hits made dust.... eventually I killed him, but only 30% of the bullets hit.
jamiet757
+138|6628
have you tried speedtest.net? give it a try and see if your connection is strong, if not, is it possible someone is stealing your bandwidth? do you have wireless? i knew someone once who had a business with a T3 connection, but one day it started bogging down like crazy, turned out someone hacked their server and was hosting pron on it, so they deleted the pron and it went right back up.  do you have a server?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6397|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

Ryan wrote:

Lol at the third picture link.

Searching for a folder called 'Hip Hop'
rofl
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6670
If you re-imaged your hard drive there really shouldn't be any software problems with it on your system. The specs of your computer are fine, if you really want to prove it to yourself throw everything to as low as it can go graphics wise. Try running a bandwidth test while you're having a shitty hit reg. If the connection is fine, then it's probably your video card. There shouldn't be a reason that you're unable to run fraps smoothly. Try uninstalling your Nvidia drivers and then run driver cleaner pro to get rid of the remaining files. Then install the updated drivers for your graphics card. Open MSConfig and go to the startup tab and disable any unwanted applications that start when the system boots. Sysinfo.org will tell you what the startup name is associated with. Other then that you may want to try reseating your video card.

In all honesty, I doubt there's anything you can do... Welcome to BF2, enjoy the shitty hit reg...

Last edited by 7thEs_ChibiKrillin (2007-06-11 20:56:18)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Go on 'FF on' servers, then whenever you riddle people with 15 bullets, they should die. After all, it's motivation to get your team moving!

(or you suck, which is the more likely option)
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

Get rid of BitDefender and replace it with Prevx.

(Probably won't do much for your HitReg, but meh)

(May also make you more susceptible to viruses)

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-06-11 23:44:36)

Evil_Apu
+40|6589|Denmark

san4 wrote:

PangeaLeader wrote:

MY COMPUTER :
- 2 GB ramm DDR 320
Is your RAM DDR or DDR2?
How to find a such list about my computer-build infomation?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6292|eng
Somehow, i knew people would come up with totally irrelevant things like "obvs knife pistol" or "aimbot". Does it matter if he plays P/K? He is asking for help, so you should give it to him.

I have no idea what to do, but you could have a look in the Task Manager and see if there are any programs running that would take up abnormal internet usage. Also, don't use XFire whilst playing.

To all you dick heads suggesting he hacks, he doesn't, i have seen him play before and he is very good, better than most of you will ever be.
#rekt
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6466|UK
Your kdr is alright let it slide .
PangeaLeader
+5|6171
for flamers : true, i was playing k/p only but i have stopped with it 4 months BEFORE reset. at the time when patch 1.4 came out.
those screenshots were ALL made on infantry only. i play alone, or only with pub noobs help. those are OLD screenshots. i havent use PangeaLeader account for a month now, and i added only a few as PentaDemos as i am not able to play good atm.

for helpers - i ll try everything you said. everything.

i have F -Secure now  ( not BitDefender ), my connection is DSL. dont mind Blackhawk, he always flames at everybody - you should see ESL.

mint-sauce41 :  wow, thx, i apprechiate it.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6400|The Gem Saloon

Evil_Apu wrote:

san4 wrote:

PangeaLeader wrote:

MY COMPUTER :
- 2 GB ramm DDR 320
Is your RAM DDR or DDR2?
How to find a such list about my computer-build infomation?
go to run and type dxdiag
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6400|The Gem Saloon

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Somehow, i knew people would come up with totally irrelevant things like "obvs knife pistol" or "aimbot". Does it matter if he plays P/K? He is asking for help, so you should give it to him.

I have no idea what to do, but you could have a look in the Task Manager and see if there are any programs running that would take up abnormal internet usage. Also, don't use XFire whilst playing.

To all you dick heads suggesting he hacks, he doesn't, i have seen him play before and he is very good, better than most of you will ever be.
i use xfire all the time and have no problems whatsoever.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard