Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6554|Washington
only the best of commanders know why we are commander not being able to cartilary kinda took the fun out of things though...
Mad Ad
+178|6523|England, UK
I like it as I get to see each map from a different point of view, get to see the flows of people, what points are fought over the most, where people hang about, but in a way you dont see from the ground.

also gives a chance to make a nice cuppa and grab a munch
Superglueman
+21|6372|The Great South Land

Jet Blast wrote:

Easy points while you eat chow.  Even I know that.
I JUST had a mad mexican meal while commanding in 2142, the uav,orbital strike..etc. dont regenerate for what seems like hours, so i munch on...then just put them all at once...commanding in 2142 is less important than Bf2..
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6245|Albion
fighting commander (16 players or less) - like a regular game but with artillery and UAV on tap.
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6241|On your screen

Vernedead wrote:

fighting commander (16 players or less) - like a regular game but with artillery and UAV on tap.
Meh i play on IO servers. run around and revive your teammates while deploying UAV's and supplies. and the server i play on encourages teamwork, so easy points and as other people said, i can eat food.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6334|Orrstrayleea
Meh, i got very tired of commander very quickly, i used it as a way to get my transport badge, it is way to hide, if you get in the back seat in the middle of no-where you show up as a blank veichle on the UAV
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6336|Graz, Austria

jsnipy wrote:

a good commander can make or break a win
Indeed.

I joined a game on Smoke Screen lately and my team (EU) where way behind 80:200 (something like that), because they had no commander.
I thought "damn, another game where I have the luck to be on the EU side, but then still lose".
I filled in the commander job and we won the game.

It was there I noticed that it's crucial to tell your squads to move out of the way if you send an artillery barrage.

Also, it can be highly satisfying if you defend your main base/assets against enemy spec ops.

Another thing is, you can easily get ribbons and badges with all the artillery kills.
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.
I only do it while i'm eating/watching Tv/doing something else.You don't really need to concentrate.

Oh and i go commander at the last min in a round for 2x bonus.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6539|Belgium

jord wrote:

I only do it while i'm eating/watching Tv/doing something else.You don't really need to concentrate.

Oh and i go commander at the last min in a round for 2x bonus.
Unless you play an old version of this game, this doesn't work anymore. Only the commander points are doubled, so if you apply later, you might have 2/3 commander points which got doubled, so you'll have an extra 3 points.

It's also useful if you are an admin, you can scan the whole map quickly, and see who is attacking the uncap for example. (if you have that rule)
Cooper_J_Z
+1|6242|Oklahoma
I command for the 2x at the end. You have to win tho so dont be like some of these morons and decide to go afk for the round.

What pisses me off is the squad leaders that decide they know whats going on better than you. I mean unless they have a hack or something how do you see the entire map? If we lose I make sure to point out that squad 1 or 3 this loss is your fault because you wont follow orders. Oh and supply drops or uav for you? Fuck you. Follow orders and I might consider it. Otherwise die.
jord
Oh and if i go on a rooftop i'll go commander to send myself a supply drop then resign.
DooM
+28|6319
Commanding is good shit, I mostly do it on IO servers, besides theres more points to be got on IO commanding due to the length of the games.

And yah I hate it when the team has shitty commanders, and then you get the commanders that do nothing (probly taking a dump). Then you have the commanders who spot everything using their mic.
sLiCknEssZ
+0|6240|United States
I myself hate being commander just because I like to be in on all of the action   Commanders however are very useful due to the fact that they help the team out so much by calling in 'arty' or a 'UAV'.  I would much rather be a squad leader...
avman633
+116|6376

jord wrote:

Me too.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6776

Jet Blast wrote:

Easy points while you eat chow.  Even I know that.
that would be me
zeidmaan
+234|6427|Vienna

Commanding is like a Real Time Strategy game with HORRIBLE AI and pathfinding so your units never o where you want them to go

(unless you are playing PR, than its good AI) 
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6465
I agree that overall commanding is boring......that's why I don't do it much.  But, if you are going to do it.....at least do it well.  I hate it when we're getting buttraped, and the commander is picking his ass.  It DOES take concentration to be a good commander.  The scan, uav, arty, and supply boxes should always be active and WELL placed.  It helps your team get more points, and helps YOU get more points....and helps your team WIN, so you get twice as many points.

KiL
bucfan609
+9|6358|Queen Creek, AZ USA
I like being commander because there is nothing better (as far as a commander is concerned) than having a team that is losing, being a commander and getting a win.

I have always liked managing people, so this is a little time from the running around and trying to find a good squad. I can make everyone my squad and HOPE that they listen to me.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6535|the Netherlands
i like beeing commander and it gives me time to role a good weed!!!

joints all the way

sometimes i can make a difference while beeing CO and make the team a winner ...a WINNER!!!

GOOD WORK, SQUAD !!! I READ YOU !!!

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-06-11 07:22:29)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6693|Disaster Free Zone
On wake playing PLA, as soon as the round begins apply for commander, then run for the plane/chopper. If you get your vehicle of choice reject commander position. If you don't at least you still have something to do on the map.
imm0rtal
+18|6284|UK
to arty my own team mates?
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6688|respawn screen
Commanding is like playing Chess where your figures don't do what you want them to. But I like it every now and then.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6377
I can't stand Commanding
jord
Commanding is one of the most interesting, intense, exciting aspects of the game and I simply can't get enough of it.

Not.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6502|Gogledd Cymru

jord wrote:

Commanding is one of the most interesting, intense, exciting aspects of the game and I simply can't get enough of it.

Not.
[/borat]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard