KrisPOLANDnorwida
Battlefield 2 killa'
+128|6352|SHAPE, Belgium
Did you guys watch F1 last night?? I did and I saw Robert Kubica's accident.
He could die. This accident looked bad . But now he's ok, and he might race in the next GP.
Here are some pics. What do you guys think about it. Whose fault do you think it was?

https://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7290/0ff7e389c607e270fe71998xh6.jpg
https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5365/9023e967c27b953a899ed7cxy9.jpg
https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6696/c41fff0a82d2c12c477dd00hp6.jpg
https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6948/cc2a2d5ca9f14c6a98af415ek0.jpg
https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9241/de12e762a8c1c416c08f2fdbp7.jpg

Last edited by KrisPOLANDnorwida (2007-06-11 03:57:23)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6745|Sydney, Australia
I saw it on the news. He is lucky to be alive.

Mcminty.
PureFodder
+225|6309
I'd say great job to the designers and crash test team. Living through that shows just how well they do their job.
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6325
Can I have a go?
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6471|Boulder, CO
I really shouldn't of left that bag of nails on the track.

lucky the car took all the damage.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6781|Argentina
He entered the turn too fast and never pushed the brake.

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England
180Mph would kill you in a normal car, let alone an F1 car. Notice how the main chassis held up pretty well. I'd say it's a win for the safety guys/designers of the car. I'd say if this crash happened in the 90's he'd be dead.

He's lucky not to have hit another car.

Still, Nascar hicks must be laughing at us.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6762|The Hague, Netherlands

yeah watched the whole race,

he lucky to walk away from that crash
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6861|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Current F1 regulations on car chassis and body saved Kubica. Back in Ayrton Senna's days, this accident would have killed him.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6652|IRELAND

Road Racers beat F1 hands down. These guys do the same speed as F1 cars, only on bikes and they do it on normal roads, with all the danger that goes with it. They do full time jobs too. You are almost guaranteed a rider to die every second meeting. 6 died this year on the Isle of Man TT, the last bike of the last race on its last lap, came off killing the rider and two spectators as well as seriously injuring 3 more.

Typical Crash. 160mph

Mad Sunday. They turn the whole Island one way and there is no speed limit. 6 riders were killed on Mad Sunday this year.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6834|Nårvei

The cage around the driver is supposed to stand against a frontal crash in over 200 mph, if Senna had the same cage in his car when he crashed he would still be alive.

Looks nasty though

Edit: Damn, posting half before and half after a trip to the lil boys room makes everything look like old news

Last edited by Varegg (2007-06-11 04:38:38)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
zeidmaan
+234|6439|Vienna

Im surprised there was no tires protecting that wall considering that its pretty close to the track and its positioned for full frontal collision. Good to hear hes OK. I love that they put so much effort on safety in F1.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6781|Argentina

zeidmaan wrote:

Im surprised there was no tires protecting that wall considering that its pretty close to the track and its positioned for full frontal collision. Good to hear hes OK. I love that they put so much effort on safety in F1.
That wall is built to curb the damage.  If you'd put tyres there it would be worse.
Chou
+737|6815

JahManRed wrote:

Road Racers beat F1 hands down. These guys do the same speed as F1 cars, only on bikes and they do it on normal roads, with all the danger that goes with it. They do full time jobs too. You are almost guaranteed a rider to die every second meeting. 6 died this year on the Isle of Man TT, the last bike of the last race on its last lap, came off killing the rider and two spectators as well as seriously injuring 3 more.

Typical Crash. 160mph

Mad Sunday. They turn the whole Island one way and there is no speed limit. 6 riders were killed on Mad Sunday this year.
Did you see how prepared that racer was in the first video, he was holding his hands up as he approached the wall to go into the crash.
He controlled fear pretty well..

Those races are the most dangerous ever.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6861|A Small Isle in the Tropics

It is a crash barrier rather than a hard wall, compared to the accident area at Melbourne back in '04. I think the reference was made to some of the other tracks where there are 3-tyre deep tyre walls to soften the impact.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6644|Mhz

F1 cars are designed to disintegrate on impact, if you'd took a look at the cockpit section after the accident i doubt there's more than a dent or 2 on it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6781|Argentina
We all should agree that the F1 is top notch in every aspect concerning security and technology, and the research done there will be applied to street cars in the next future.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6433|Espoo, Finland

sergeriver wrote:

He entered the turn too fast and never pushed the brake.
He never had a chance to push the brake. It was just a normal contact situation with another car. Too bad that it ended up like this because in Montreal's circuit the walls are too close to the road.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59662
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6713|Fort Lewis WA

Mekstizzle wrote:

180Mph would kill you in a normal car, let alone an F1 car. Notice how the main chassis held up pretty well. I'd say it's a win for the safety guys/designers of the car. I'd say if this crash happened in the 90's he'd be dead.

He's lucky not to have hit another car.

Why would NASCAR fans laugh about a racing accident? The only time I know of people laughing about a wreck are usually the other drivers or fans when the driver walks away.  I dont see anything funny about the accident, and Im one of the Nascar Hicks you mentioned.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6543|Πάϊ

Mekstizzle wrote:

F1 cars are safer than normal cars first of all... and second, why laugh at us? Nascar sucks ass. They don't even know what a turn is ffs!
ƒ³
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England
*sigh*

Laugh at us as in "we have bigger accidents than that" not laugh at us as in "haha he crashed"
MrE`158
+103|6647

Chou wrote:

Did you see how prepared that racer was in the first video, he was holding his hands up as he approached the wall to go into the crash.
He controlled fear pretty well..

Those races are the most dangerous ever.
Not sure he's holding his hands up for any 'protecting himself' purpose.  In the later part of that video it says that took the proceeding bend too tight and clipped the inside wall, which made him lose his grip  (I'd guess that he clipped it with his helmet, in fact, and the force knocked his upper body backwards, pulling his arms back).  He's probably desperately trying to get his hands back on the handlbars and avoid the wall, rather than anything else.

Anyone who races bikes, particularly on the Isle of Man TT, is completely nuts and/or very brave.  Probably both.
KrisPOLANDnorwida
Battlefield 2 killa'
+128|6352|SHAPE, Belgium
GOing back to Kubica, I was scared, and thought  that he died, when I watched it on live yesterday. I'm even more shocked beause he's Polish too.
Did you notice that Kubica after hitting the wall, was moving his fingers?? He was trying to see if he can move.

Last edited by KrisPOLANDnorwida (2007-06-11 08:21:35)

zeidmaan
+234|6439|Vienna

sergeriver wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

That wall is built to curb the damage.  If you'd put tyres there it would be worse.
Watching it again I can see the wall bending in a bit and absorbing some of the force like its elastic or something. Wonder what its made off. But the thing is if he hit it just 10-15 meters further down the track he would have been deflected more as the angle of impact would have been about 45 degrees. But the way he collided, it was almost 80 degrees. Like it was never planned for someone to loose control at the point he did.
I think in this case few rows of tires would have been better.
EVieira
+105|6502|Lutenblaag, Molvania

mikeshw wrote:

Current F1 regulations on car chassis and body saved Kubica. Back in Ayrton Senna's days, this accident would have killed him.
Not really. In Senna's crash, what killed him was a suspension bar that went through his helmet. Its something very improbable to happen, Senna was the only case in F1 history. Current specifications have tried to protect from this by raising the side of the cockpit, but if you look where Senna's helmet was hit you can tell it wouldn't have made a difference in this was in place at the time.

Kubica was saved by the chassis safety cage, which is made of titanium alloy, and the Hans device, which was implemented after Dale Einhart (sp?) was killed in Nascar.

He wont be racing for a good while, he broke his leg. Anyone know who his replacement is?

Last edited by EVieira (2007-06-11 09:08:57)

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard