Poll

Bear vs. Tiger

Bear58%58% - 49
Tiger41%41% - 35
Total: 84
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6459|Kamloops, BC Canada
Me and my friends started discussing this while throwing a football around.

The argument so far is...

Bear has very thick and tough skin. Also very strong; but, also very slow. Theoretically wouldn't know a strategy on how to kill an animal other than just hitting it a bunch of times until it went down.

Tiger is quick, and theoretically has a strategy on taking down other animals. (ie. It would go for the throat or something.)

The argument is actually totally even. 50-50. I'm undecided.

shit forgot to include undecided. ummm no null votes please? lol make a decision.

Last edited by Canadian_Sniper_X (2007-06-10 18:35:53)

HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6696|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Bears are so powerful they'd kick a tiger's ass anyday. Tigers are stealth animals and don't take on other animals head-on.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
India vs Russia?
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6653|The Lou
tigers to quick(especially tony) for a fat hunk of shit, TIGERS FTW
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
Well what kind of bear and what kind of tiger? The biggest species of bear and the biggets of tigers? I'm not really sure, bears are incredibly powerful, but so are tigers. I'm sure the tiger would get around to the back of a bear and just sink its fangs into the back of the its neck, and if that happened, the bear would be fucked.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Anyone who thinks a tiger would win is an idiot. One swipe from a bear and a tiger would be fucked. A bear also has incredibly thick skin. Maybe a Bengali Tiger might have a chance as they are like 15ft long.
theelviscerator
+19|6259
Uh they did this on that discovery show...a siberian tiger vs a grizzly....

Grizzly broke the tigers back with one paw swipe..game over...
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
a tiger would have to come in for a very quick kill.  if the bear got a good hold it would easily overpower a kitty.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

theelviscerator wrote:

They did that on a show?!
Sounds illegal to me.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6415|EE Chat
Bear would win hands down! There is no competition between the two. A bear is so incredibly strong and the tiger would not be able to overpower it.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6306|Oregon
Really, this depends on the bear. I assume you mean grizzly or polar... something fierce...

I say bear. A tiger is faster, sure, but I think a bear could just eventually beat the tiger into submission.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

theelviscerator wrote:

lol ill look it up on youtube

here it is you were right I found the clip the bear wins

Bear all the way

Last edited by blademaster (2007-06-10 20:34:36)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6563|Lexington, Kentucky
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Bear in a jihad jeep = win.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6301|teh alien spaceshit
Bears are actually very quick when fighting. Sure, a tiger is faster, but the bear is fast, too. Also, the bear is a lot stronger than a tiger. That is why bears hunt with their muscles, while tiger hunt with stealth. And with the bear swing his paws at 80 miles per hour, the tiger is gonna see some serious shit.

Last edited by thtthht (2007-06-10 20:59:31)

RECONDO67
+60|6606|miami FL
tiger  have more stamina than bears and bears can get tired more quickly than the tiger plus I have seen a tiger take on water buffalo which are way bigger
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I'm not sure where you guys got the idea that bears were slow. They are not. They may seem slow because they are big, but once you see one fighting and swiping her/her claws you'll realize they are anything but slow. Bear wins this match without drawing blood.
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6459|Kamloops, BC Canada
Wow this is a very very very close poll. 17-16.... the animal planet video looks very fake though. It looks like they made a video on what they thought would happen.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6589
tiger they are very powerfull and they are a hell of alot faster then a bear
Reciprocity
god damn i'm in the mood for a bear vs. tiger fight.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard
Everyone knows that tiger fucks winnie pooh.
13rin
+977|6449

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

Me and my friends started discussing this while throwing a football around.

The argument so far is...

Bear has very thick and tough skin. Also very strong; but, also very slow. Theoretically wouldn't know a strategy on how to kill an animal other than just hitting it a bunch of times until it went down.

Tiger is quick, and theoretically has a strategy on taking down other animals. (ie. It would go for the throat or something.)

The argument is actually totally even. 50-50. I'm undecided.

shit forgot to include undecided. ummm no null votes please? lol make a decision.
Well, here's a Bear VS a cougar

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2007-06-10 21:19:03)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Bear.  But a liger would kick both their furry asses.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6691|Ireland | Monaghan

Well, Tigers and Bears all go for the neck of a target, I'm pretty sure they do.

So really it would probably depend on who got to the neck first, a Tiger would try to crush a wind pipe with it's bite, suffocate the prey; but the Bear would more than likely overwhelm the Tiger with sheer power, and Bears also go for the neck but they usually try to break it, which would be alot quicker to kill something with.

So I would go for the Bear. Tigers are cooler though
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Reciprocity

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Well, here's a Bear VS a cougar

that's not a bear vs. cougar video. that's a bear vs. mommy video.   a mommy squirrel would have fought just as fiercely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard