13rin
+977|6471
Smoker planning a trip to mecca?  Better do it soon.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070608/od_ … VzNYTMWM0F
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6224
I guess Amsterdam can say good-bye to all the money they make from American tourists.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

It'll be fine.

Establishments will not in fact have to be completely smoke-free. Proprietors will be allowed to set up a separate room or glass partition behind which people can smoke, but customers will not be served there to protect staff.
Not quite as good, but I'm sure they'll get that set up ok.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6731|Omaha, Nebraska
Not much will change.
Chou
+737|6782

sexecuti0ner wrote:

I guess Amsterdam can say good-bye to all the money they make from American tourists.
We have tourists coming from all over the world, expand your brain please.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6634|The Netherlands
one solution (in the dutch law); Change it to a private club and give everyone who wants to enter a (free) membership ticket. And solve the problem with employees; give them an ownership of the company (1% or so).
Now we can smoke.
beerface702
+65|6685|las vegas
flex-fuel

pot
BVC
+325|6687
I'm sure the coffee shop owners will find a way around it.  I hope they'll find a way around it
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Pubic wrote:

I'm sure the coffee shop owners will find a way around it.  I hope they'll find a way around it
It'll be fine. They'll have smoking rooms and a room with a bar selling drinks and weed. You won't be able to get drinks brought over to your table anymore, but even for the laziest of stoners having to walk to the next room to get a drink and/or more weed/papers/lighters etc. isn't too hard.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
Nothing I can do there I can't do here.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

You can get a vast selection of the highest grade weeds, hashes and skunks over the bar where you are? Wow. Sounds good.

Have you ever been to Amsterdam?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

You can get a vast selection of the highest grade weeds, hashes and skunks over the bar where you are? Wow. Sounds good.

Have you ever been to Amsterdam?
No. I can't. Not at a bar. That doesn't change what I can get where.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Yahoo News wrote:

Soft drugs are officially banned in the Netherlands but under a policy of tolerance, buyers are allowed to have less than 5 grams of cannabis in their possession.
I think I am the only person in the US who knew that before this article.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)
As others have said - not much will change.

They're allowed to have a 'smoking section' within the coffee shops and I doubt very much that the non-smoking customers will outnumber the smokers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard