GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6780

wingman358 wrote:

Uhh... basic physics, anyone? All bullets drop at the same rate. In fact, EVERYTHING drops at the same rate. It doesn't matter what their mass is, they are all acted upon by the same gravitational force. Read on if you don't believe me.
Completelly off topic but felt the need to reply:
Yes basic physics says that all objects fall at the same rate due to gravity. 9.8m/s/s to be exact. HOWEVER, the M95 bullets travel way faster than the bullets of most of the other guns. This means that they cover more distance in the same time that it takes the regular bullets to fall. Let's pretend that it takes 2 seconds for bullets from a gun at a 6ft height to fall to the ground. In the M95 case, which has a bullet speed of 3050 feet per second (the more expensive rounds do this), this means that 6100 feet are covered. However with an Ak-47, with a 2,330 feet per second muzzle velocity, 4,660 feet are covered. Because of this difference, bullet drop is less noticable in the M95 than in the slower weapons and hence the virtual effect of less bullet drop.
Maj.Do
+85|6769|good old CA
awesome guide man
Azygos666
+0|6726
Love this thread, and yeah new moves for me to try.  Had the barrel rolls and loop-de-loops down to a t.  Have found both to be extremely effective when fighting with another attack helo.  The loop-de-loop is especially great to do if you are about 50 ft up and have a good gunner, at the end of the loop keep pulling back and you should be looking right up at the belly of the other helo.  Hoping my buddy that was videoing it last time we where in game gets a copy of it to me soon.

-Wolf
JaggedPanther
+61|6491
+1

Finally a featured post I found posted something I didn't figure out already

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-06-09 20:09:51)

[2MC]Golarin
+6|6567
This probably needs to go somewhere else, but How to you side slip in a chopper? I mean, just move to either the left or the right on the same horizontal plane? Tilt the chopper? that hasnt always worked for me.
JaggedPanther
+61|6491
Well I found out how to finally fly choppers by trail and error on an empty server.

As for the last question, I find going neutral on the trottle helps before going sideways...
XISIX
+116|6633
very nice +1
Emasika
+0|6477
I'm searching for a way to fight against better chopper pilot & gunner. I find it very hard to dodge the first tv missile they shoot. It's okay  against enemies of the same skill level as me, but against skilled gunners... I can only watch, and wait "ok, so ... NOW.. comes the tv missile... hit.

Actually, I think there's not much to do in those situations, except a) get better gunner, who hits the enemy with tv first, b) avoid contact with the enemy, c) ask team for interruption with humwees, aa and the like. But does anyone have anything else on mind?
JaggedPanther
+61|6491

Emasika wrote:

I'm searching for a way to fight against better chopper pilot & gunner. I find it very hard to dodge the first tv missile they shoot. It's okay  against enemies of the same skill level as me, but against skilled gunners... I can only watch, and wait "ok, so ... NOW.. comes the tv missile... hit.

Actually, I think there's not much to do in those situations, except a) get better gunner, who hits the enemy with tv first, b) avoid contact with the enemy, c) ask team for interruption with humwees, aa and the like. But does anyone have anything else on mind?
old thread but....

remember how the enemy chopper looks like before you die (angle). For example in SF the chopper has to be facing upwards for the gunner to aim optimally at you.
If you see the enemy chopper about to assume this position, maneuver to the side as much as you can, and remember maneuvering downwards to the side is much faster than manuevering upwards. Always helps to have the commander or an ally 'Spot' the chopper as well. I always try to spot when gunning.
Emasika
+0|6477
I agree on that, it's important to know when the tv's coming. I usually try to give easy first shot angle for my, because I think that the one who first misses with tv loses the fight most often.

Well, lone pilot-gunners are a different case. Average pilots know that when the enemy chopper suddenly stays on its place and turns a bit to the left, that the tv is coming. If I ever fight against another lone pilot-gunner, I fake that move to make the enemy make mistakes and immediately after shoot the tv. I think it's a good trick.
toutinette
+2|6277|Canada
when u see a TV, u just do an inverted loop
JaggedPanther
+61|6491
By the time you get see a TV missle aimed at you, it's usually too late to start an inverted anything

That reminds me of another good tactic against choppers though, If you are the pilot, then shoot 1 shot at a time, it may help fool the enemy chopper that 'ahhh their TV missle has missed, time to line up' which may let their guard down temporarily against the real TV missle.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-06-09 20:15:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard