lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6719|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
This is kinda funny, probally well known already but

type in French military victories into google and hit the lucky button it's pretty funny, well to me anyhow 'cause the french and i have an ongoing disagreement.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6715|England. Stoke

lordgeno wrote:

This is kinda funny, probally well known already but

type in French military victories into google and hit the lucky button it's pretty funny, well to me anyhow 'cause the french and i have an ongoing disagreement.
Why even bother posting this man, did it seriously susprise what came up I guessed before I'd even finished reading your post what the result would be.

But seriously an absolute classic
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6815|Marathon, Florida Keys
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Seth Infinite
+3|6745|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Oxymorism...is that the term I'm looking for?  (haven't googled it yet)
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6763|06-01
go google,
type: failure
hit: i'm feeling lucky
LOL

Last edited by tthf (2006-01-25 19:41:33)

RimReaper
+8|6709
HAHA!!!!!!!!!

Cheese Eatin' Surrender Monkeys!
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

RimReaper wrote:

HAHA!!!!!!!!!

Cheese Eatin' Surrender Monkeys!
HURRR OMG Do you love NASCAR tooo??? FREEEDOM FRIES!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I can't understand the hate some Americans have for the French. "OMG THEY DIDN'T HELP US IN IRAQ!!! "

Yeah well, they didn't think there were any WMD in Iraq and therefore no reason to invade. Guess what? They were right! Having such hate for the French reeks of insecurity.

Pull yourselves away from Fox News for a day people.

Last edited by Sturmvogel (2006-01-25 20:43:10)

Sturmvogel
+1|6782

tthf wrote:

go google,
type: failure
hit: i'm feeling lucky
LOL
HAHAHA, Yeah no joke.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6742|200m out and smiling at you.
now my question is then, why do people like to watch shiny metallic objects go in circles (NASCAR)??????

honestly tell me what's the odd fascination????
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

The same facination we have from watching little anitmated soldiers run around an LCD screen.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6747|Vermont
Yeah, because obviously the worth of a country or its people is contingent to their recent miltary prowess.  Please.  This joke has been thoroughly exhausted.  Lets see if we can think of some other countries that havn't had any recent military victories.  Ummm, oh yeah, how about China?  They haven't been involved in any wars recently and yet I think most people will tell you that China is pretty relevent in the world today.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6847
Ok france has lost just about half of wars  they have fought...and that was like Nepoleon.
I mean they even lost half of their territory in the second world war.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6747|Vermont
They didn't lose half their territory.  They were defeated and occupied until the Americans and British beat the Germans back.  It's not like they could have done anything about it.  Had the British not been separated from Germany by the Channel, they would've been occupied too.
dracul
+2|6813
"Seriously I can't understand the hate some Americans have for the French."

Mostly its the ignorant "amerikuns" amongst us.

Anyone who has even passing knowledge of history knows that the United States owes a tremendous debt of gratitude to the French.

And as for mocking their military victories... do you people even know who Napolean was, other than some vague name recognition?
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

dracul wrote:

"Seriously I can't understand the hate some Americans have for the French."

Mostly its the ignorant "amerikuns" amongst us.

Anyone who has even passing knowledge of history knows that the United States owes a tremendous debt of gratitude to the French.

And as for mocking their military victories... do you people even know who Napolean was, other than some vague name recognition?
Exactly. Some of these Americans that hate the French have no grasp on history. If they hate the French so much then give back the Statue of Liberty and more importantly our victory against the British during the Revolutionary war. Without the help of the French during the Revolutionary War we (Americans) would not have won.

I find it hilarious that some Americans think that France should have "backed" us in the invasion of Iraq because they "owed" us for France's liberation during WW2. First of all the United States and Allied forces did not "rescue" France because it was the right thing to do but rather it was the most accessible and vulnerable point to start the invasion of the Nazi fatherland. The invasion was not part of some benevolent act of the allied forces. As a matter of fact we "owed" the French for saving our asses during the Revolutionary War so this is why I can't understand the claims made by current neo-cons stating that the French "owe" us something. As far as I see it, the debt has been paid. France is a sovereign nation and is completely able to disagree with the United States' belligerent attitude towards the Middle East.

Sincerely,

An American

Last edited by Sturmvogel (2006-01-25 22:24:48)

Matiandos
+2|6691|Lappeenranta, Finland
" Without America there would no France, just a bigger Germany. "    Well,   " If there was no France, there would be no America, just a bigger UK. "    a longer post will follow.
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

Last edited by Sturmvogel (2006-01-25 23:18:15)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

I heard about that one ages ago, thought everyone knew it.
Another fun thing to do was to type in weapons of mass destruction and hit I'm feeling lucky. It used to take you to a error 404 type page saying along the lines of, "These weapons of mass destrustion cannot be found" with a long spiel in computer-error form about weapons, America, Iraq and particularly George Bush.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6719|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
The reason i hate the french so much is because when I went there while i was stationed in germany, they gave me shit just because i was an american soldier.  I kept hearing the "you're a barbarian," "why don't you take care of your own country instead of trying to fix the rest of the world" blah blah blah.  My reply everytime to the non-remembering asswipes was "if it wern't for us Americans, you'd be speaking german."  that always shut them up.  But it was just the peeps in Paris that were assholes, the older generation were greatfull for us being there.  This older couple thought my buddy and i were too skinny and let us stay with them for two weeks and eat their food, drink their wine... just because we were American Soldiers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard