BootsJD
+10|6181
Will these Hours played go towards your North America Service Ribbon? Also If the server is Raked (Even tho its Beta) When the full release of the map comes out will it still award the time played in while the map was in Beta ?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6560|Reisterstown, MD

No.  Just Vanilla BF2.  Yes.
fasty77killa
+2|6496|Omaha NE
no

the map is not in north america
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
OmniDeath
~
+726|6613

Jenspm wrote:

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
yes, but its not the same tampa...this is in the middles east
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

BootsJD wrote:

Will these Hours played go towards your North America Service Ribbon? Also If the server is Raked (Even tho its Beta) When the full release of the map comes out will it still award the time played in while the map was in Beta ?
If they didn't count would you stop playing?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6614|Camoran's Paradise

Jenspm wrote:

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
Yes but do you really think Tampa is a vast open desert wasteland?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6613

Ganko_06 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
fasty77killa
+2|6496|Omaha NE
quote from ea's site

Through a collaborative effort Intel and EA DICE are rolling out a new Battlefield map for players to battle on. Highway Tampa is a vehicle focused map that offers a game experience similar to classic 1942 desert warfare. Explore this stretch of the Arabian Peninsula in your choice of vehicle and work with your team mates to conquer the map for your team. Download the beta, join in the servers, and drive, fly, and destroy your way to victory. Then drop by the EA forums and let us know what you think. Also keep your eyes to the future as this stretch of desert will see combat across two generations of Battlefield

Last edited by fasty77killa (2007-06-08 08:21:02)

BootsJD
+10|6181

Pug wrote:

BootsJD wrote:

No, I was just wondering. I was under the impression that the Map was based in America, Therefore I was hoping to be awarded my Hours for the NASR, However it has all been straightened out not, I know Its not a American Based Map thanks for you responces.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

OmniDeath wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
yes, but its not the same tampa...this is in the middles east
Trust me, definitely not the same Tampa.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
daltec
+0|6138|Springfield VA USA
"Highway Tampa" is what U.S. forces call the main supply route running from Kuwait to Baghdad. It is a real place, and real American soldiers are driving real vehicles on it and facing real danger, right now, even as you read this. I know what we are doing is having fun playing a game, but I hope the next time somebody loads up the "Highway Tampa" map, they take a moment and say a little prayer or something for the safety of those soldiers.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6497|So Cal
all I know is i'm getting hosed on the 2nd round I played on Highway Tampa.  Broke the 100 round score and got the win and it's not showing up.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States
and wont show up either...its a beta
now it remains to be seen if the final version shows the points/awards/time already played in the beta,but personally I feel doubtful it will.
it was an ok map for tank whoring and lolly gagging in a jet,but it certainly will remain on the bottom of my playing list...
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification

KillerYaNk wrote:

now it remains to be seen if the final version shows the points/awards/time already played in the beta,but personally I feel doubtful it will.
it was an ok map for tank whoring and lolly gagging in a jet,but it certainly will remain on the bottom of my playing list...
I got all my points from playing on it.  It may be a beta but it is still an official map.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK

killer21 wrote:

No.  Just Vanilla BF2.  Yes.
And AF which is how you get the ribbon
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6618|Norway

daltec wrote:

"Highway Tampa" is what U.S. forces call the main supply route running from Kuwait to Baghdad. It is a real place, and real American soldiers are driving real vehicles on it and facing real danger, right now, even as you read this. I know what we are doing is having fun playing a game, but I hope the next time somebody loads up the "Highway Tampa" map, they take a moment and say a little prayer or something for the safety of those soldiers.
Yeah i'm gonna do that every time from now on....
daltec
+0|6138|Springfield VA USA

Fredrik wrote:

daltec wrote:

Yeah i'm gonna do that every time from now on....
lol...... won't you be surprised one day when you realize you have been doing just that.
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6306

BootsJD wrote:

Pug wrote:

BootsJD wrote:

No, I was just wondering. I was under the impression that the Map was based in America, Therefore I was hoping to be awarded my Hours for the NASR, However it has all been straightened out not, I know Its not a American Based Map thanks for you responces.
good respone to someone trying to piss you off...

And well, even taking in to account what EA can be like, I doubt they would be that stupid as to give people points from the map, and then take them away at the end of the Beta. I mean lost awards, having to undo rank changes... it would just be too much hassle for them, even if they are always desperate to piss us off.
tgust5
+22|6596

Ganko_06 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

fasty77killa wrote:

no

Isn't Tampa in the US?
ganko your stupid
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

tgust5 wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Isn't Tampa in the US?
ganko your stupid
Ahaahahahahahahhah.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6698|Louisiana
Is EA/DICE really that poor that they have to let Intel sponsor their maps? You know they made boatloads of cash from BF2/SF/AF/EF/2142. "Ohnoes, we're so poor we have to let Intel stick ads all over our maps just so we can get them to you!" Will they ever do anything for the players that doesn't have an ulterior motive?
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6319|Iowa...
Intel didn't "fund the making" of the map.the map has been done for 2 years,EA just wanted to make a cheap dollar off of it.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6698|Louisiana
Even worse then - they withheld a completed map until someone offered to pay them for advertisement.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-06-08 12:49:29)

KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States

ReTox wrote:

KillerYaNk wrote:

I got all my points from playing on it.  It may be a beta but it is still an official map.
well did it take more than 48 hrs to show? it has been longer than 48 and I dont even show the maps been played...
its really no big deal,I could care less as I said the maps not that impressive...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard