tthf
Member 5307
+210|6766|06-01
u guys revived a year old thread.....
+1 to McCullough for at least searching, i guess...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6354|Twyford, UK
Snipers are for CS noobs. I like sitting in their position with my PKM and showing them you don't need the scope.
And farming them for resupply points.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6538|Belgium

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Snipers are for CS noobs. I like sitting in their position with my PKM and showing them you don't need the scope.
Funny, in my experience its always the support guy that gets killed.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6478

Holy cow of revival!

Don't bring shock paddles with you to forums please.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
senor_fulff
+25|6768|Yorkshire, UK.

iPoon.be wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

yup i doubt somewhat that Skorpy "pwnz"...

"Sux"... maybe...
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6237|Scotland!

senor_fulff wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

"Sux"... maybe...
Wow, the wit
Onidax
+41|6502
Snipers are the best, its awesome shooting dumbass medics from the other side of a map.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6324

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Looks like you havent played FPS at all based on your comment.   I have gotten insane Kill death ratio's  as a sniper and yes a sniper is probably the deadliest soldier to have on any team.. if you dont know why, join the clan called [NU]... for NOOBS UNITE>.

another thing... looks like snipers are having fun shooting you in the head.. heh i would have fun to headshooting you from a distance..

Your a typical Nooob that says what a typical noob will always say:" SNiping is for CS noobs"
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6379|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

sHaDy6 wrote:

IMO people think its eaisier to get kills as a sniper. IE: you dnt need to be in the heat of battle to kill someone.
True, but its a misconception. Long-range is harder than short IMO.

No obsession, just loudmouths who make the posts way more popular than they should be. Hence another misconception that there is an obsession.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

NooBesT wrote:

Holy cow of revival!

Don't bring shock paddles with you to forums please.
This is nothing to the one I did two days ago.

Edit: Here it is

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-06-07 06:38:37)

Drexel
+43|6485|Philadelphia
The way I see it is that snipers are obsessed with in today's culture because it's the role in the military that has the least chance of death (generally).  If you're a good sniper, you are hundreds of yards away, invisible to your target, and can calmly take it out without much worry about repercussions.  compared to the GI soldiers, who every day are sitting even feet away from the enemy, facing automatic weapon fire, grenades, traps, ambushes, and every other thing that they might run into.  Snipers are also one of the most feared combat soldiers out there.  The presence of a sniper can hold down an entire company if they are scared enough.  They are also treated the worst if they are captured, being a "cowedly" soldier who will only kill from a distance totally hidden.

I see the same thing in the game.  People choose the sniper kit because it is what most civilians see themselves doing in the military.  They are attracted to what movies and the like portray the life and gratitude of a sniper is like,  and because of this, they want to pretend that.  Snipers also have the highest powered, most accurate weapons in the game.  They are capable of taking out threats 300+ yards away, but are still capable of dishing out punishment in close quarter combat.  Claymores are also a big attraction in this game.  If you can perch yourself in a spot where the enemy cannot get to you without dieing, that is a big attraction.  But I feel the biggest attraction for being a sniper is that being out of the main combat areas, the sniper is almost free of worrying about vehicles rolling up beside them and having absolutely no way to defend themselves.

But just like in real life, there are the repercussions of being a sniper.  Most of the player base (those who don't play sniper a lot, myself included) view the typical sniper player as a cowedly person who cannot compete unless they have the advantage of being hidden.  When the sniper is neutralized, there is a great sense of accomplishment for the GI player.

This is my analysis of the mentality of today's BF2 snipers, as non-bias as I could make it.
too_money2007
+145|6317|Keller, Tx
I went sniper w/ the m95 and ran up the the helo spawn on Dalian. What comes my way? A cobra and the idiot lands to repair. I snipe him out of the pilot seat and reload. The gunner sits there like a troll and gets himself sniped as well. I take their helo and decimate everything in sight. Ahhahahahaha... I really don't play sniper that much anymore, so it was fun as shit.
senor_fulff
+25|6768|Yorkshire, UK.

Jameseyy wrote:

senor_fulff wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

"Sux"... maybe...
Wow, the wit
wasn't bad really... thought it was ok and took all of a millisecond to think of so not oo bad...
JaggedPanther
+61|6482

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

I use to snipe, i got so good at it that i was ruining every1s game due to me killing all the enemy. My team were all "Omg your killing everyone let me kill someone" and the enemy were like "omg stop killing everyone let me kill you" and i was like "omg im killing everyone"
Lies.
Ask any1 that was on the server with me. Ask this guy Jimmyjonyysalpo He saw it, he was like "omg stop killing everyone" N i was like "omg im killing everyone"
omg stfu Jimmyjonyysalpo was convicted of buttsex and lying on BF2 last year omg

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-06-07 22:43:39)

Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6747|Great Wall

Drexel wrote:

Most of the player base (those who don't play sniper a lot, myself included) view the typical sniper player as a cowedly person who cannot compete unless they have the advantage of being hidden.  When the sniper is neutralized, there is a great sense of accomplishment for the GI player.
Disagree.. Sniper rifle is a choice of weapon which is fun to use. That has nothing to do with being a coward. Snipers can use any other weapons pretty well too.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6795|Bulgaria
I play sniper these days only 'cause I need 100 hours with that kit! The only kit left
Superglueman
+21|6368|The Great South Land
has weapons to kill woithout facing the enemy, has rifle to kill, but keep distance from enemy....

I think its for serious snipers & complete noobs

Noobs: (ie.bad shots,scared,plain crap..need to keep distance out of fear, and clays for coward attacks whilst running away)

The serious snipers are fast with the sidearm,place clays NOT where the team is, and headshot from 10metres in  1.5seconds...
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6184|sverige
atleast a sniper rifle dont have random aim when zoomed
Nanten
+24|6438

Superglueman wrote:

The serious snipers are fast with the sidearm,place clays NOT where the team is, and headshot from 10metres in  1.5seconds...
1.5 seconds? Dude, i can write my memoir, go get some coffee and watch some pr0n in that time. Anyone can kill anything from 10m within 1.5 seconds. You can even empty the sidearm within 1.5 seconds if you're in tight enough situation. But mainly, you're right.

Last edited by Nanten (2007-06-08 01:57:51)

Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6747|Great Wall

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I play sniper these days only 'cause I need 100 hours with that kit! The only kit left
That's sad.

I would never force myself to play something which I don't like only to get a digital award..lol
Drexel
+43|6485|Philadelphia

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

Drexel wrote:

Most of the player base (those who don't play sniper a lot, myself included) view the typical sniper player as a cowedly person who cannot compete unless they have the advantage of being hidden.  When the sniper is neutralized, there is a great sense of accomplishment for the GI player.
Disagree.. Sniper rifle is a choice of weapon which is fun to use. That has nothing to do with being a coward. Snipers can use any other weapons pretty well too.
Notice I said those who don't play sniper most of the time...
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6283|Outside your Back window

JaggedPanther wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

Lies.
Ask any1 that was on the server with me. Ask this guy Jimmyjonyysalpo He saw it, he was like "omg stop killing everyone" N i was like "omg im killing everyone"
omg stfu Jimmyjonyysalpo was convicted of buttsex and lying on BF2 last year omg
Well when he heard that he was like "omg thats not true" and I was like "omg thats not true" and you were like "omg give me some"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard