steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6399|the land of bourbon
i searched with no luck... here goes:

how does the game determine which team can jump in the essex gun on gator?  is it a matter of having certain flags capped?  there are times when i just cannot get into the gun. even if we own the flag on viewing deck.  i've played with ff off, and at some point during the round, the hind cannot blow up the essex so i'm assuming the MEC owns it.  is it just a bug, or is there a flag that needs to be capped to claim ownership?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
howler_27
+90|6704
I'll help you w/o giving the common response of "SEARCH AGAIN".  This is posted in Maps/Iron Gator section of the home page.  Hope that this helps you out.

Iron Gator Oddities
On both the 32 and 64player versions of the map, the Helicopters (HIND & Apache) as well as the Essex Gun (WASP) actually spawns according to who controls the Flight Deck CP, and not the Viewing Deck as you would expect.

Every oddity about the map is also covered in The Iron Gator: For Dummies Guide
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Check the link in my guide, go to the "Essex Gun" section.

But basically, its dependant upon who controls the Flight Deck and whether the gun has "respawned"
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6705|"The Empire"

Snake wrote:

Check the link in my guide, go to the "Essex Gun" section.

But basically, its dependant upon who controls the Flight Deck and whether the gun has "respawned"
Man i feel a dumb shit now, the amount of times iv tried to get in the Essex gun and couldnt, standing there smashing my keyboard saying "WTF" then got killed, i should have read your guide snake!!
steelie34
pub hero!

mazerali62 wrote:

Man i feel a dumb shit now, the amount of times iv tried to get in the Essex gun and couldnt, standing there smashing my keyboard saying "WTF" then got killed, i should have read your guide snake!!
agreed... i have done that too many times to remember.
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6698
Isn't it also possible to lock the essex gun from the US by taking the Hangar Bay Aft?  A squad mate of mine took that flag once, and the US had both viewing deck and flight deck flags.  The US guy tried to jump into the gun and couldn't.  The only other thing that I could think of that made sense was that sometimes you have to jump to the second level of the essex to get in.  Anyone else seen this?
steelie34
pub hero!

Nicodemus.....J3 wrote:

Isn't it also possible to lock the essex gun from the US by taking the Hangar Bay Aft?  A squad mate of mine took that flag once, and the US had both viewing deck and flight deck flags.  The US guy tried to jump into the gun and couldn't.  The only other thing that I could think of that made sense was that sometimes you have to jump to the second level of the essex to get in.  Anyone else seen this?
i think it has a lot to do with the so-called 'respawn time.'  notice you can fix the gun as US the first time it is blown up even if MEC owns flight and viewing.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6667|Keyboard

StokoE wrote:

No many how many hours i have battled away on Gator.. i never knew this Cheers PeePs
What?
steelie34
pub hero!
ya know, i hate to say it, but i think there is still some crazy shit with this damn gun.  i was on the MEC, my team had both the deck and viewing, but i watched a seal fix and then get in the gun.  so i don't know about this whole respawn thing, seeing as how a seal was able to hop in the gun even though it had previously been destroyed, and the MEC owned both top side flags.  its always a fricken crapshoot with that essex.

maybe nicodemus is on to something

Nicodemus.....J3 wrote:

Last edited by steelie34 (2007-05-30 12:50:39)

JaggedPanther
+61|6491

Nicodemus.....J3 wrote:

That will happen at any flag. The Essex may have respawned before the flight deck flag was overturned, thus MEC was still in control of it.

dig?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard