13rin
+977|6488
I've searched and couldn't find the answer to a ROE issues that I thought I had read here somewhere. 

In the Blackhawk is it against ROE to have a guy or two constantly wrenching/repairing, while the rest toss C4/mines/clays out (and a medic heals) while a support guy ammo packs them?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6605|Michigan, USA
No, why would it be?
weasel_thingo
+74|6336

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I've searched and couldn't find the answer to a ROE issues that I thought I had read here somewhere. 

In the Blackhawk is it against ROE to have a guy or two constantly wrenching/repairing, while the rest toss C4/mines/clays out (and a medic heals) while a support guy ammo packs them?
thats allowed, its also known as teamwork, a very rare event that takes place in bf2.

off topic kinda: just then i was soloing in a black hawk on the new map, it didnt work to well.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6456|Chicago, IL
Nope, but nobody ever thinks about teamwork like that...
13rin
+977|6488

r2zoo wrote:

No, why would it be?
I recall something to the effect of it being a form of padding or something.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6581

Actually, I remember it being added to ROE as statpadding.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6605|Michigan, USA

S.Lythberg wrote:

Nope, but nobody ever thinks about teamwork like that...
Well not since they nerfed it
Used to run a full BH up and down Operation Clean Sweep back before the nerf, would cap flags in mere seconds with a full load Made hundreds of points that way, given the fact that with two engineers your pretty much invincible

How can you call teamwork as statpadding?  Sad the ROE would even consider that.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-07 08:54:05)

13rin
+977|6488

r2zoo wrote:

How can you call teamwork as statpadding?  Sad the ROE would even consider that.
I didn't call teamwork statpadding. 
Lemme back up a bit.
What happened was... I logged into my regular server last night and caught the tail end of the round.  4-5 guys had well over 100 pts without any kills or very few kills.  They were lauging it up on the teamspeak channel about what a great round they had.  Apparently they were doing what I posted above.  I also think they were flag hopping, which can be against server ROE....

Any ways, I seemed to rember a few threads on the topic.  I e-mailed EA, but was wondering if ya'll knew the answer...  THANKS!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California
i like to do crash blackhawks
13rin
+977|6488

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

i like to do crash blackhawks
Ok Timmy, sure you do... *pats on head
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6213|Out for donutz!
I recall that being left up to the admin of the server, but not being against ROE. And it was called Blackhawk whoring.
People, evenI, was PWNing this way. Someone got pissy and reported back to EA, thats why they nerfed the guns and made so you need to get out of the helos to capture a flag faster.
As for stat padding, they would fly them off in the hills and shoot then repair to get the points, that is against ROE.

Last edited by -=]NS[=-G.I.Doh (2007-06-07 09:09:26)

Drexel
+43|6485|Philadelphia
The only problem with you're theory is that you need three engineers repairing it constantly now if you want to survive.  Ever since the lessoning of the armor of it...

Plus those mini-guns are so inaccurate now that to get a squad of 6 in a black hawk = your team losing.

And no, getting 100 teamwork points with no kills isn't stat-padding.  I've done it.  It's called IO Jalalalalalbad, me being a medic and having a frame rate in the low teens.  The only thing I could hit was a body not moving.

Along those lines, you might just call an AFK (or any commander) that doesn't get any kills a stat-padder...

Last edited by Drexel (2007-06-07 09:17:59)

FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6540|Donnacona, Quebec
My clan and I were in the new map yesterday, flag hopping in a blackhawk. 3 engis, 1 supply, 2 medics, one AT. That was a great round lol
(MrLoneWolf)
+0|6216
ROE has no say what stat padding is they don't make the rules
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6346
black hawk use to be on karkan and it would be killer to have good teamwork for that on a 64 ppl server.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6632|Camp XRay

http://files.filefront.com/RIIavi/;7584 … einfo.html

that is how the blackhawk should be used
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
13rin
+977|6488

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://files.filefront.com/RIIavi/;7584374;/fileinfo.html

and that was...

pretty fucking sweet!
docnutz
+39|6768|B O S T ON area

weasel_thingo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

thats allowed, its also known as teamwork, a very rare event that takes place in bf2.

off topic kinda: just then i was soloing in a black hawk on the new map, it didnt work to well.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wyvern642
+1|6206
Movie = Ownage
Chou
+737|6800
It's in the game, right?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
I prefer the NH90 tbh...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6532|the Netherlands

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://files.filefront.com/RIIavi/;7584374;/fileinfo.html

Thats the spirit ... that was some skillz man Yeah !!

now where 's the J10 ???
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

DBBrinson1 wrote:

also think they were flag hopping, which can be against server ROE....
wtf? flag hopping = capping one flag after the next right? thats against the rules?

edit: BTW Blackhawk squad sounds fun as hell, I know the guns don't work like they used to but I'm still down to give it a try....PM me if anyone wants to try and get a crew together

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-06-07 16:35:46)

13rin
+977|6488

VicktorVauhn wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

also think they were flag hopping, which can be against server ROE....
wtf? flag hopping = capping one flag after the next right? thats against the rules?

edit: BTW Blackhawk squad sounds fun as hell, I know the guns don't work like they used to but I'm still down to give it a try....PM me if anyone wants to try and get a crew together
Um -yea it can be.
13rin
+977|6488
EA's Lame response...

Response (Nessie R.) 06/07/2007 12:38 PM 
Hello,

It is not our policy to discuss the usage of cheat methods with players.  Usage of cheat methods is a direct violation of the Terms of Service agreement which players have accepted when first signing up for any of Electronics Arts Online services.   If you know or suspect persons using these cheat methods to gain an unfair advantage over other players please use the "/report" feature, and provide as much information as possible so that we can fully investigate the report.

If you'd like to view our Terms of Service Agreement please see the following link.

http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Usage of cheat programs will violate the following guideline under Online Conduct:

- Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software;

Please be assured that appropriate action will be taken.  If a player violates the Terms of Service, their account(s) will be actioned upon.  Results such as suspensions, or terminations, and/or global banning from all of Electronic Arts online services can and will be placed on account(s).

We do appreciate your inquiry on this issue, but please understand that we do not condone any behavior that would put a player in violation of the Terms of Service.

If you have any further questions or comments please simply reply back and we will do our best to address your concern.

EA Rep Nessie
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
http://support.ea.com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard