Poll

What do you do?

Join your squad around the flag to make it cap faster.37%37% - 15
Find a position a way off to fire on incoming enemies.15%15% - 6
Hide so your squad can respawn on you in safety.47%47% - 19
Total: 40
88mm
+8|6821
Here is the situation. You are the squad leader of a full squad. You have chosen the Support Class. The map is Karkand and you are the USMC. Your squad has managed to sneak behind enemy lines and has reached the MEC home base, the Factory on the far side of the river. You and your squad is about to cap the flag. You see no enemies around, but they can pop up any time. What do you now do?
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6760|Houston, TX
I'd have to cover from the raised ledge across to the north (with the rail that leads to the UAV trailer) listen for incoming traffic, or move to the base of the stairway just south of the flag and wait for the tank respawn.  With a full squad the flag won't take long.  If my squad gets killed our trip is for naught.  My trusty PKM will fend off the incoming - hopefully.

KJ
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6859|Germany / Saxony
If I have a full squad and it is a good squad so that there is at least one medic with me I would stay in the flag area to cap it faster. There are no points for being an additional spawn point, eh.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6802|The Void
Call for a UAV over the NEXT  flag I plan on taking my group to.
Kill any resistance.
Destory assets.
Resupply.
Remove empty units such as tanks and APCs.

Is this a trick question?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6709|Howell, Mi USA
keep my squad within flag cap distance and have everyone covering a different direction. and have one guy staying back incase of arty strike, because the ENTIRE MEC team prolly sees u neutralize their farthest base.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6702|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
Ask for a UAV.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6811|Barrington, RI
i would send one of my squad members to take out the enmy's arty and make sure i had a guy standing by ready to blow it up again.  otherwise the instant the flag goes neutral I can expect an arty barrage.  or I would ask the commander to find his counterpart who should be hiding in the area so my squad can kill him and take the flag.

Last edited by =ST6=SewerMaster (2006-01-25 14:35:39)

Torin
+52|6707
I would hide.

Too many times have I had a spec-op drop a C4 on the flag out of nowhere and blow us all up. Or a T-90 fire a canon shot and take us all out. Or artillery come pounding down on our heads. Better to be safe than sorry, as taking the MEC back flag is important to winning the map, and losing the whole squad, no matter how unlikely would be a huge waste of time, effort and coordination.

After you take the flag and have a reliable spawn point, rejoin the action.

Also, I've been on the receiving end of a squad attempting to take a back flag over and over via a hiding squad leader, and it can be a devastating tactic. It completely turns the whole war of attrition onto it's head.

Very solid tactic for taking key flags. In a squad of 6, 1 less guy is not going to make that big of a difference capping a flag, time wise.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6682

If not UAV, have a team mate spotting atop the oil pipeline next to the power grid.  Pretty good view of everything.  Makes a great sniping point too when taking the next two nearest bases.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6760|Houston, TX
On reading others posts, my comment is that you can hear the arty going off (you're 30 yds from it), so you'll know when to hide.  If the squad has Spec-Ops, blow the arty, resupply him and then blow the UAV and scanner.  I still vote for hide or post nearby and aid from afar whilst the squad caps the flag. Once capped, blow the bridge and or secure the back base for a reliable spawn point.  Then just close the gap on the MEC.  They'll eventually lose the battle due to lack of armor (provided you've got good teammates) and crumble due to ticket bleeding or ticket loss.

EDIT: This is a 32 map right?  In a 64, the strategy changes somewhat in that the MEC can come from other spawn points on that side of the river.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-25 14:45:16)

88mm
+8|6821
Joining the squad around the flag is likely not the thing to do, because the squad is full. Still, the sooner the flag is yours......

Taking up position a way off can both provide support and spawn, but you can get fragged by artillery or enemy. Who dies first? Those at the flag or those around it.......

Hide? Well yes, but enemy will drop their own UAV and you will be spotted alone.......
Maj.Do
+85|6767|good old CA
Well before id stay but now with my clan i never get flap caps cause me (spec ops or support) stay hidden and some1 else assault waits for any1 heading towards the neutral flag and ambush them
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6702|Pennsylvania - Hershey!

Kung Jew wrote:

On reading others posts, my comment is that you can hear the arty going off (you're 30 yds from it)

Don't know if anyone else knows this, but you can hear artillary going off from the other side of the map.  Listening for this has saved my life quite a few times.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6694
I'd say camp . Make breakfast for hungry troops . Order them to drink more water and check for trench foot . Hack their UAV so it becomes usable to my team . Put sugar in all the vodniks gas tanks . Place tin foil all over the scan radar to confuse it . And last but not least make a quick Surrender draft and have the MEC commander sign it at the train accident . That's what I would do if I were a squad leader . Oh sweet a walrus !
morbesso666
+0|6779|Givataim, Israel
Send 3 members to the next flag while making UAV on my location.
Finding the best hide place that I can shoot incoming enemy aswell.
Requesting supplies to the flag the three members I sent are in.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6709|Howell, Mi USA
Well i don't like Karkand that much.... but thats what i do on other maps. Im sure it would work.
Lobsters
+0|6686
I would do what any straight thinking BF2 player would do.

I would wait for the rest of my team to deny them of spawns and refuse to cap and just go base raping for POINTS and  K : D +++++++++++

Last edited by Lobsters (2006-01-26 11:07:01)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6709|Howell, Mi USA
LOL @ Lobsters

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard