genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6675|Middle of nowhere
#21 Use the fucking Fly-By camera in a plane, i don't care how "1337" you are in the J-10, a F-35 that uses Fly-By > J-10 nub
Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

ethrion wrote:

Unsuprisingly, people do the stupidest things in BF2 that ultimately get themselves killed. Here are 13 things NOT to do while serving your country in the field. Please feel free to add your own common rookie mistakes.

1. Never stop in the open to check your map or have a look around
k, reasonable

2. Never linger too long in a turret
well, i doubt many pub players other than snipers are going to take you out in one, plus, you'll usually get them first, now yes too long is too long...

3. Do not shout things like "I need a medic here" while deep behind enemy lines, someone will hear you
no one throws out medic packs anyway O_o

4. Do not join an allied sniper and then proceed to fire wildly thus giving his position away and yours
lol cover

5. Do not needlessly drop ammo/health packs, the enemy can see them too
zomg points

6. Never charge headlong around a corner or up a ladder, especially on Karkand, a claymore is waiting with your name on it
reasonable

7. Do not ignore your radar, those 20 red blips right around the corner are not your friends
lol

8. Never stay standing up in the top level of the tower
..what?

9. Do not use an MG emplacement for more than a few seconds, you're saying: "here I am. shoot me!"
once again wtf?

10. Never poke your head back around that corner you just got shot at
unless you can shoot them....

11. Do not instantly run to the same position as a dead teammate
reasonable

12. Never run infront of a claymore freshly placed by your ally, you know, the one you just watched him put down
true, lmao

13. Never use that excellent sniper spot, chances are everyone and their Grandmother knows about it too
lol snipers
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Wraith
+30|6577

Diray wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

I cannot count the times I have seen my teamate bail out of a full health tank because he is scared of taking that one death that he bails and gives the spec op or engineer a nice tank to rape his team with.  Don't bail die with your tank.

Reason #14  Your teamate bailed out of his tank and the enemy stole it and is now raping our team.
But then again, if you stay in the tank, you are dead for certain. If you bail, you atleast have a chance to put some hurting on the enemy, and if the tank is stolen, to destroy it.
I've had times where I bailed from my tank, only to have the Spec.Op blow it and himself up, leaving me to get away unharmed.

But all of this could have been avoided if people would take note of the UAV.
If it's a Spec Ops or Engineer then yes you're dead if you don't bail, but it's surprising how many bail at the sight of a Medic running at them with a medic bag or a Support soldier with an ammo bag   Be afraid, be very afraid of my Bandages of Doom.
ethrion
+25|6391|Hong Kong @ the moment

Z-trooper wrote:

Good tread... people who have no common sense, let this thread be your bible..

+1 karma..
And there are oh so many people lacking said sense!

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

- If you see a lone guy camping at a remote location on the map, 9 times out of ten that person is commander. He has the scan button. He knows where you are at all times. Save your team the ticket and don't sneak up on him.

- The last 10 times that you've gone down that road, a sniper had blown your head off. Something tells me that going down that road an 11th time will not result in you killing him.
Haha LMAO how many times have we seen players doing that! Usually they have a big n00b symbol over their heads (private - corporal).

Des.Kmal wrote:

ethrion wrote:

8. Never stay standing up in the top level of the tower
..what?
Basically if you stand up in one of those for too long, usually, a sniper is watching them and will drop you, I mean its the first place to quickly scan as a sniper and it gives the unit a perfect silohette

9. Do not use an MG emplacement for more than a few seconds, you're saying: "here I am. shoot me!"
once again wtf? The muzzle flash is visible through the fog of war even if the player is not, the noise is instantly unmistakeable, and the tracer rounds point you at your target. All in all its a big beacon for any half decent sniper to take you out. So many times all i can see is the muzzle flash, I aim a little bit above it and BANG! one more kill.

10. Never poke your head back around that corner you just got shot at
unless you can shoot them.... True but if they are any good they will have that corner painted and are just itching to see you appear again
By all means you dont have to agree with my points. Just wanted to clarify my reasoning.
Shogun.Babalu
+2|6466
love numbers 2, 5, 11, and 13

those are the things i look for to get kills
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6741|Backward Ass Kansas

JG1567JG wrote:

Diray wrote:

"If the commander just placed a UAV on your position and a lot of red dots just popped on on your radar, then PLEASE rotate the turret towards the enemy, and FIRE that cannon. You can watch the flag change later. Also, please observe when one of those red dots are moving up behind your tank, likely an engineer or Spec.Ops - it's time to find a new transport vehicle; bail out."

I cannot count the amount of times I've seen this happen.
I cannot count the times I have seen my teamate bail out of a full health tank because he is scared of taking that one death that he bails and gives the spec op or engineer a nice tank to rape his team with.  Don't bail die with your tank.

Reason #14  Your teamate bailed out of his tank and the enemy stole it and is now raping our team.
You can even trick noobs into giving up their tanks by throwing medic or supply bags on them.... I shit you not it works!
ethrion
Just wondered if this was suitable for the "Guides etc..." section or not?

p.s. #22 - Its late, your making stupid mistakes, your tired and your aim is off, its time to quit for the day!
spuddy1981
+10|6360|england
parachute pls
8 8 8
come on now
bloody buttons broke
splat

pwnd self
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6622|Ghost Town
If you're the gunner in a chopper don't try to destroy a tank with the chain gun. Won't work and only causes a free tank shell into the cockpit.
If you see a teammate in a transport firing with the MG in the air don't hop in and drive away...he was probably trying to take down a chopper. (I HATE those people...free TK is granted by myself )
If you see a engineer trying to repair his vehicle (tank, apc whatever) don't just hop in, drive away and let the poor guy back without nothing. (As above I HAAATE such people and this also includes a free TK )
Dragonclaw
+186|6303|Florida

Doggehspike wrote:

Never go prone, the only time I'd say prone is at long range.
You have got to be kidding right? Maybe rephrase that to "Never go prone for more than 10 seconds unless you intend to crouch, jump and prone again"
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6325|105 RVK
1. High ping
2. eating and playing
3. cat jumping on me and blocking the screen

Last edited by Missionless (2007-05-16 06:10:22)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6623|Sea to globally-cooled sea

Missionless wrote:

1. High ping
2. eating and playing
3. cat jumping on me and blocking the screen
oh man...how many times have I died, let go of my mouse, pick up my coffee cup, and then, mid-sip, get revived????

"YOU SONUVABITCH DON'T REVIVE ME I'M DRINKING MY COFFEE!!"

Or, hostile APC headed to Factory, I get killed.  I set my spawn point to Factory.  Type like mad: FACTORY GUYS HOSTILE APC AT FACTORY!!  and then some fucking medic comes out of nowhere to revive me and I'm stuck at Square.  And we lose Factory.

When I really want to respawn somewhere else, after I am killed I click suicide so I cannot be revived.  I actually do use the suicide button occasionally.  It's sometimes worth -2 to help save your team, IMO.
victor.uk.
+10|6483|cwmbran
only make your spliffs between loading of maps
calsonic
+0|6167
Haha! Love all of those..especially the one where you hit 88888 to pull the chute! done that sooo many times

+1
plaid_retina
+10|6692|Memphis, Tn
Common knowledge.......nothing to see here.
tgust5
+22|6624
i dont really agree with number 10.  if you get shot at and you run around a corner, i heal myself and run back as fast as i can.  the person that shot at me thought i was long gone.
ethrion
@ tgust5 - True you can also do that and sometimes they are long gone. Other times they are waiting right there for you to pop back out. (Plus if your not a medic you cant heal yourself.)

oh and BTW @ plaid_retina - Thats the whole point. Its common knowledge for most people but its still amazing how many people still go around doing this kinda stuff. So yeah, nothing to 'learn' here at all. It still happens every day none the less...
im_in_heaven
+27|6585
i disagree with #12
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6419|California, US

Gen. Payne wrote:

Some pretty good advice...I probably will forget and disregard it anyway...but thanks
pj666
+16|6363|Sydney, Australia
Watch your ammo. Reloading after running into a room full of bad guys is worse than reloading while running between cover.

Move. Move. If in doubt, move. Sitting still = eventual death if not sudden death.

Artillery = run

When gun goes click, use the pistol.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL

ethrion wrote:

Unsuprisingly, people do the stupidest things in BF2 that ultimately get themselves killed. Here are 13 things NOT to do while serving your country in the field. Please feel free to add your own common rookie mistakes.

4. Do not join an allied sniper and then proceed to fire wildly thus giving his position away and yours
That's happened to me too many times to count, I'm squad leader, somebody spawns on me, and then sends the birds flying, and gives away my position.
Nanten
+24|6427

ethrion wrote:

It's suprising, how many medics and supports are stupid enought to do this. I mean, i appreciate it if a medic or a support makes their way to me when i'm asking a favor, especially if i'm in somewhere that's not easy to access. But once you have dropped the med pack or ammo pack, please leave.
You cannot snipe with a PKM or G36 from 500m. You just can't. If you try it, it takes about 5 seconds to have a bullet shot throught your head by an enemy sniper that just found out our position. And as a wookie, i find this even more irritating, because i seem to have quite a few "stalkers" that follow me into a servers, just so they can get my head to their trophy collection, i've had  fun scrims with these guys. And most of these "stalkers" actually know how to snipe.

If the enemy sniper has not claimed your head within that 5 seconds, my knife will. Even tho i killed you, i still appreciate the ammo/med pack
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.
I can sum that list up for you

1) Cause you're a dumbarse
2) I'm better then you
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
im gay
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6212
Oh - yah. Need a ride means NEED A FUCKING PICK UP, SO i CAN HELP MY BUDDIES @ THE FRONT LINE.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard