Watermeleon
+34|6541|I am located at my location
Well, does anyone remember way back before BF2142, when complaints about the new game was non-existant, and everyone played BF2? I'm sure most of you do.

And I recall very well how many people kept complaining about BF2. Everyone complained about the nerfs, stat-padders, hackers, and whomever. Though what I find ironic is now that BF2142's been released, BF2 has become a perfect game that everyone wants to play. Everyone hates 2142 now, and people are trying to get people to go play BF2 again. Is this some sort of nostalgia, or are people just out to complain about everytime new and great?

Ah, just something I was thinking about. Comments are appreciated.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6541|Valhalla
You make a very good point there.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
They were probably like..wtf hoax! we have nothing to bitch about! Back to bf2! /southpark voice.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6640|Sin City

Watermelon you are wise beyond your years. I couldn't agree more with you. It's human nature to need to sit back and bitch about something I guess.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6459|Cambridge, UK

I think its actually a loud minority that bitched so much "oh my god this game that Ive played 1000+ hours on and play most nights is so shite!!!!"

Maybe its not that people complain about the new thing, but those that complain are always trying the new thing (and then complaining)
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6449|Stealth City, UK
Or could it be that 2142 is so crap, BF2 in comparison is pretty pleasant to play?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
I spent full days of my holidays whoring 2142 for its endless badges and ribbons. The day I got Brigadier General was the day I decided I would quit. 2 days later, I did.

BF2 is a challenge, a push to force you into real play. BF2 > 2142. Sorry, let me rephrase, PR > BF2 > 2142.
Magius5.0
+106|6388|UMass Amherst
For fucks sake.  could we get the BF2142 nay-sayers to STFU?  these threads get closed awfully quick lately--

(shifts eyes both ways, looking for mods)

In be4 da lok!!
Watermeleon
+34|6541|I am located at my location
I definately was not bitching at all about neither BF2 or BF2142. I actually like both games very much. I was only making a point on something I observed. So probably, this won't get locked.

And that's for the people who karmed me. Maybe I need to think up some more philosophy.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6568|Australia, NSW

leetkyle wrote:

I spent full days of my holidays whoring 2142 for its endless badges and ribbons. The day I got Brigadier General was the day I decided I would quit. 2 days later, I did.

BF2 is a challenge, a push to force you into real play. BF2 > 2142. Sorry, let me rephrase, PR > BF2 > 2142.
yes, but at least you played the game to compare... most people who dis 2142 are people that havent played at all, or have play <30 mins, gotten owned and went back to bf2.

i like both games, and still play infy and gunshipping on 2142, and bf2 for jets and choppers
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6603|Michigan, USA
Wow, this is my exact feelings ive had ever since 2142 launched.  I loved BF2 to death, even with it quirks, which I never onced bitched about, and to be honest I like 2142 more.  So many people give 2142 shit because its not their precious BF2 where they have their oh so important ranks and stats.  You sir, are quite wise, shame 2142 is given so much shit, especially by a majority who never gave it a chance
Magius5.0
+106|6388|UMass Amherst
ugh...I never thought I'd ever do this again, but I'm reinstalling BF2... to play with my bro DJ_Chronis.  just for the hell of it.  I figured, I've owned enough in 2142 to make even Babyspinach green with envy on rare occasion (lol, pun there), and time to go back to traditional combat with some of that knowledge of tactics I learned.  who knows, I might actually do better.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6748|In your head
I can't stand BF2 anymore. I prefer 2142 over BF2 anyday! I just hate how much is required for all the ranks and awards on BF2, I am still in school and soon leaving so I want what I can get.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard