kingofkolt
+17|6194|Boston, MA, USA

G3|Genius wrote:

See, you can complain about the ads, but obviously Intel paid to have their ads there, so that you don't have to pay for the map.

stop whining.  sheesh.
Uhh... That wasn't whining. I was just stating, once again, I can't believe I am seeing ads in BF2.

B-Scimitar wrote:

Sounds more like USMC business if you believe the map briefing.

As the most direct path for supplies and re-enforcements for both sides this expanse of the Arabian Peninsula has been dubbed Highway Tampa by the US forces.  In order to ensure safe passage of critical new Intel technologies through the supply route the U.S. forces must hold off the encroaching MEC mobile divisions
HAHAHAH! Funny...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Hmmm... I have an idea. Let's bring the chip war to the virtual battlefield.

Someone should contact the AMD public relations department and tell them they should pay EA/Dice lots of $$$ to make a brandnew PLA vs. USMC city map, plastered with AMD billboards & ads.

Then repeat the same thing with nVidia and ATI.

Well, could get a bunch of free booster packs & map packs that way and the game will get patched until 2017.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6329|Forest Green

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

I may not be a hardcore BF2 player, but i really liked the new map.
Barren dessert landscape, loads of tanks, planes buzzing by and no attack choppers to worry about.
One of the better maps if you ask me.
Too bad it was another MEC vs. USA map though.
I would like to see an even bigger map, but sunny as wake, and a huge town smack in the middle.
Download PR, have a look at the Al Basrah map. Big city with lots of open countryside between the British Airfield and insurgent held city. Even has destroyable buildings among many other great additions

EA really are skimpy though, mods are realising big patches every few maps with tons of maps and new armies, for free with no ads. I've heard that this map isn't even a new map, just one that was scrapped earlier.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6806|Kubra, Damn it!

globefish23 wrote:

Someone should contact the AMD public relations department and tell them they should pay EA/Dice lots of $$$ to make a brandnew PLA vs. USMC city map, plastered with AMD billboards & ads.

Well, could get a bunch of free booster packs & map packs that way and the game will get patched until 2017.
Good idea. I don't even notice the billboards, tbh. If it gets us more free stuff, then load those babies up!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

globefish23 wrote:

Plus it'd help if they sent out their best processors to the people who download the maps so we can sample them and decide which is best. And by sample I mean keep forever.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01
i've just DLed the zip file, where should i extract it to?

does it  matter if i'm on vista?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

tthf wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p1482425

and no
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6555|England
Its k

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2840/screen306yv5.jpg
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01

Titch2349 wrote:

tthf wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p1482425

and no
thanks again!
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6382|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

BL4CKL10N wrote:

Hey guys can u play this map in offline mode? I'm currently in china so i'm not able to join any of those servers. Just wanna check it out...

Create Local server...Co-Op? Conquest? Or maybe singleplayer map with bots? Please tell me, cause I need hours for the download...
Yea you can, but only in a local Conquest server. I havent tested it with co-op(I'm not sure if you can) and it isnt available in singleplayer.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6286
please close this damn thread already... new maps, who cares, same dead asswipes like yourselves.

let DICE release a Las Vegas map for all i care.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...

thebestshooter wrote:

please close this damn thread already... new maps, who cares, same dead asswipes like yourselves.

what the hell is your problem?if you're gonna act like that don't even bother coming to these boards.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6589|InGerLand
i can't say i ever noticed this in a boat on other maps, but i can't say i've tried, are C4 and bullets supposed to go through the boats?
https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/hatfullofsky/boat.jpg
missles and nades act normally however
tgust5
+22|6598
i dont really like the map.  its too big and wide open.  when ea said "vehicle based", they meant it.  in order to get anywhere, you have to have a vehicle.  also, every server i joined with this map had unbelievable lag.  the map needs to have an attack chopper too.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...

sfarrar33 wrote:

i can't say i ever noticed this in a boat on other maps, but i can't say i've tried, are C4 and bullets supposed to go through the boats?
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 … y/boat.jpg
i'm pretty sure they've always done that.

Last edited by aj0404 (2007-06-06 10:53:13)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

sfarrar33 wrote:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 … y/boat.jpg
bah... they just need to sink now

And if they do it in that map... they will do it in all maps.....
LtMarcus
+10|6558|Meise, Belgium
a beautiful moment seen from a chopper: tanks speeding through the (far too empty) desert
https://i10.tinypic.com/4ucb984.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

They should put in a travelator to get the different flags so we don't have to run as much.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6659|"The Empire"
I thinks its ok, more jeeps needed as commander was struggling with requests, def no more jets!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6363|Southern California

thebestshooter wrote:

So you don't like BF2, or the BF2s community, but you still hang out here...
What a sad life.

Its would be nice to see more Vodniks and humvees....
<^0|7h3-64m3|^0>
+25|6219|Lisbon, Portugal

LtMarcus wrote:

a beautiful moment seen from a chopper: tanks speeding through the (far too empty) desert
http://i10.tinypic.com/4ucb984.jpg
that "reflex" is really annoying, because when you are in a jet and u want to see where the enemy jet is behind u, u see that..argh..
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6583|yourmomshouse
Needs a bomber and attack chopper , but other than that it's seamed like a cool map . I did like that if you fly into the sun theres a new lighting affect:)
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

S.Lythberg wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

See, you can complain about the ads, but obviously Intel paid to have their ads there, so that you don't have to pay for the map.

stop whining.  sheesh.
Exactly, i'd rather have Intel's map than no map at all (but I'm playing on intel hardware anyway, so they didn't need to advertise to me )
Yup.  Who cares about ads.  Looking at them for too long will get you killed.  EA, fill up the place with ads, as long as you keep adding more maps.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6666|UK

LtMarcus wrote:

http://i10.tinypic.com/4ucb984.jpg
not to enjoy the sun stuck on the ground
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6286

aj0404 wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

what the hell is your problem?if you're gonna act like that don't even bother coming to these boards.
WTF are you talking about.. its true.. i come here to contribute and i have on certain threads and all i hear is a bunch of crybabies. ohh they should do this and ohhh this map is toooo bright.

Highway tampa , more like Highway robbery.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard