alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6680|Houston, Texas
I was thinking about getting a MacBook Pro. I heard you can install windows on it if you wanted to ( may be important for my AutoCad work ). I just wanted some thoughts of people who have acctually used these. Is it worth the 2500 bucks?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6650

ask him, he probably say yes...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69691
Smithereener
+138|6322|California
Here's a review of the MacBook Pro (Previous Generation though)

Since you said $2500, I assume you meant the 15.4" + 2.4Ghz Processor. Personally, I think it's a good buy for 2.5k. The 2.2Ghz Macbook P is priced within the same range of other notebooks with similar specs, so I'm assuming that the same can be said with the 2.4Ghz MBP. Personally, I think design is one of Apple's strongest points; the MBP is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The 8600m GT is the strongest DX10 GPU that nVidia has out right now for notebooks and it's on a Santa Rosa platform (with higher clockspeeds than most other consumer/business notebooks.)

So yeah, it's a good buy IMO.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6700|San Francisco
It's a great buy.  I have two at work, both with Boot Camp, one with Vista and the other with XP.  I actually loaded BF2 on the XP version and it ran perfectly, actually faster than my own gaming rig.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard