Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

"If you want to be the good guys, you gotta start acting like the good guys."
Where does shit like this come from?  Who said that?  Our President said we will hunt them down and kill or capture terrorists.  Who the fuck said anything about being the good guys?
Pretty much every American movie ever made, every media outlet, every TV network, every radio station, every politcian, and pretty much every stupid and uniformed American walking the streets.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6553|Global Command

Spark wrote:

Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/06/04/news/gitmo.php
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … refer=home
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld … -headlines
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/05/guantanamo.trials/
and so on and so forth.

Since the whole premise of Guantanamo bay and the military tribunals was that those being held were unlawful enemy combatants, what do you do now that they aren't unlawful?
My vote would be a smoke, a few seconds against a brick wall, and a few grains of hot lead.

Sorry 'bout that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

So what about all the other conservatives here? ATG? lowing, usmarine?
It changes everything. Lawful combatants are protected under the Geneva convention. Holding them indefinite in a conflict that has no definable end was BS.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6785

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Where does shit like this come from?  Who said that?  Our President said we will hunt them down and kill or capture terrorists.  Who the fuck said anything about being the good guys?
Pretty much every American movie ever made, every media outlet, every TV network, every radio station, every politcian, and pretty much every stupid and uniformed American walking the streets.
Then these foreigners need to be smarter when talking about the US.  They have this Euro elite attitude anyway, so they are obviously smarter than stupid Joe American, so they should know better.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6713|Fort Lewis WA

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

WTF?

So you know me? Im a "uniformed" American roaming the streets.
I agree with some aspects of what we are doing other aspects i dont, so all i caqn do is lace my goddamned boots up, grab my goddamned rifle and hit the fucking streets and finish the commitment i fucking made.
Piss Off.

I was just offered 23 grand Under th Bravo Zone bonus for 11b to re-up for 6 years. If I was a blind flag waver I would sell my soul, use the money to buy a damned house and live the damned american dream and put a damned "Terrorist Hunting Permit" on the back window of my goddamned gas guzzling V8 SUV, that drives like a fucking yacht.  Am I? No I'm a fucking American who decided to better my fucking life, stop smoking weed, and enlisted in the Army to get a job skill, and serve my country.

I'm proud to be in Uniform, after all
"I am the Infantry.
I am my country's strength in war.
her deterrent in peace.
I am the heart of the fight...
wherever, whenever.
I carry America's faith and honor
against her enemies.
I am the Queen of Battle.
I am what my country expects me to be...
the best trained solider in the world.
In the race for victory
I am swift, determined, and courageous,
armed with a fierce will to win.
Never will I betray my country's trust.
always I fight on...
through the foe,
to the objective,
to triumph over all,
If necessary, I will fight to my death."

I'm proud to have chosen a job most people cannot even imagine doing. A job countless people get chaptered from because the minute they get sweat in they're eyes they fucking quit and cry to mommy. I'm not all that smart, But I know the army was the best choice for me, The Infantry was the best choice for me, I know my fucking limits, and it sure as hell isn't blind patriotism. Im an adult, and I do use my noodle other then new ways to beat my fucking dick.  Sadly half of what I think would make half of you puke.  Ever tossed a grappling hook into a canal to get a corpse that was floating downstream for god knows how long? I have and Fucking laughed my ass off when it popped and spewed crap everywhere.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6740
Chinese water torture works the best without harming the body, but it harms the mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_water_torture

After a few hours, you can get the truth from anyone.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6579

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Then these foreigners need to be smarter when talking about the US.  They have this Euro elite attitude anyway, so they are obviously smarter than stupid Joe American, so they should know better.
We're all human beings usmarine - we are all as capable as each other of being intelligent or being stupid. Get that Euro chip off your shoulder - any intelligent European knows that in America, just like in Europe, just like in any goddamn country in the world, there are smart people and there are stupid people. OK?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-05 09:17:07)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Lots of horn tooting...
So what?  You want a cookie?  I did my time in the service as well, and it's still a fact that most of the people that roam the street are stupid, uniformed morons.  Watch an episode of Jay Leno's jaywalkers for crying out loud.

You want to serve and wave a flag, have fun.  I served and waved a flag, I'm proud of that but it doesn't change the fact that 97% of the shit they had me believing was utter bullshit and in the end its all about money, not patriotism.  So keep on keepin on.

And you can take that however which way you like.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6785

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

We're all human beings usmarine - we are all as capable as each other of being intelligent or being stupid. Get that Euro chip off your shoulder - any intelligent European knows that in America, just like in Europe, just like in any goddamn country in the world, there are smart people and there are stupid people. OK?
Then why would you say that "good guys" nonsense?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

yeah, but I think the ratio is a little unbalanced in our favor.  Judging from the people I've met in my life from all walks of life and from many different countries, America has a much larger portion of dumbasses than most other western countries.

Last edited by Cougar (2007-06-05 09:20:43)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6740

Cougar wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

yeah, but I think the ratio is a little unbalanced in our favor.  Judging from the people I've met in my life from all walks of life and from many different countries, America has a much larger portion of dumbasses than most other western countries.
I blame the education system and media.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6605|SE London

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Perhaps because it popped up earlier in the thread?

fadedsteve wrote:

That 15 year old killed a US soldier. . . .

He should get whatever is coming to him. . . .

oh no, the prisoners have to listen to Red Hot Chilli Peppers, get sleep deprived, long hours of interrogation. . . . fuckin' breaks my heart *sarcasm*

I trust you have seen the al-Qaeda booklet on the treatment of prisoners. . . . You fuckin' liberals just dont see the big picture. . . . Just flat out dont get it!!

We ARE the good guys, and we act like it everyday! What has Ireland done for the world recently?? Hmm??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6579

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

A lot of people on this forum automatically regard the US as 'the good guys' when a lot of what the US is doing currently wouldn't exactly lead you to believe they were. I was saying that if you want to actually be the good guys or if you actually believe that you are then you should start acting like good guys. You however disagree with the idea that the US should be 'good' as you stated in a previous post, so the comment doesn't apply to you (more so to the fadedsteve crowd).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-05 09:26:32)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6785

To Bert:

I see.  But it has been said before by many others in multiple threads by multiple posters.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-06-05 09:26:48)

CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6713|Fort Lewis WA

Cougar wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I think you are saying the grass is greener on the other side. 
It will change idiots are everywhere.  America is not so bad.  Sure Idiots in america are almost everywhere, the main thing is a lot of Americas, are either extremely book smart but lack common sense (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, most West Point or annapolis graduates, just to name a few) Then there are those that are full of common sence, but not very booksmart.  Are those the idiots you are talking about? I have run accross a few people in my 30 years of life that are a few steps below plant life on the evolutionary scale, but not that many that I can say honestly we have the most dumbasses per capita.  Mainly we have people that honestly give two fucks about whats going on because its not anything we can control.  Trust me If I had any say in what the president is doing, it wouldnt be happening.  We learned that our votes don't really matter. (anyone need a refresher on the last 2 elections?)

EDIT: anyone from California remeber when Proposition 187 passed BY LANDSLIDE I might add? (Not allowing Illeagal aliens the right to health care unless it was life or death)  It passed by a tremendous amount.... 3 weeks later it was declared "racial, and biased" and was null and void. WTF????!?

Last edited by CannonFodder11b (2007-06-05 09:41:14)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

A lot of people on this forum automatically regard the US as 'the good guys' when a lot of what the US is doing currently wouldn't exactly lead you to believe they were. I was saying that if you want to actually be the good guys or if you actually believe that you are then you should start acting like good guys. You however disagree with the idea that the US should be 'good' as you stated in a previous post, so the comment doesn't apply to you (more so to the fadedsteve crowd).
People are more important than places. Cam I know you have been to the US a number of times, surely you ran into some "good guys". If they are not "acting" like good guys come further south .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.  Only thing is that it really is greener on the other side.  The quality of life in Australia and Ireland (two places I want two live) is significantly higher than America.  Plus, there aren't as many idiots there and the governments aren't (as) corrupt.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6785

Cougar wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.  Only thing is that it really is greener on the other side.  The quality of life in Australia and Ireland (two places I want two live) is significantly higher than America.  Plus, there aren't as many idiots there and the governments aren't (as) corrupt.
Are you being forced at gunpoint to live here?
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6713|Fort Lewis WA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Guess so....
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

No, which is exactly why I plan to leave.  As soon as things are in order.  As stated 15 times earlier. 

Good eye, sniper.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6785

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

No, which is exactly why I plan to leave.  As soon as things are in order.  As stated 15 times earlier. 

Good eye, sniper.
Sorry, I am not one of your loyal Cougar followers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King, Jr

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-06-05 10:48:14)

Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6227
I wouldn't let any of the comments on this forum get to you personally. No one here is a world leader, and most of the time their crazy comments are nowhere near representative of those of his country. I get the feeling that some of you manifest some dream world in your heads that does not exist because of the opinions expressed on this forum. If you read enough anti-US threads everyday, you might actually start believing that the US is some oppressive dictatorship, and as a result, overlook the real and widespread oppression in certain countries of the Middle East. My everyday life in the US is great. I don't agree with what's going on in Gitmo, but I'm not about to pack my bags and move away. It doesn't change anything for me, and it isn't going to send a message to anyone else. The best thing you can do is exercise your power to vote and try to change things for the better.

Last edited by Cerpin_Taxt (2007-06-05 10:45:45)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6780|Scotland

Threads merged.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6788|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Good eye, sniper.
Sorry, I am not one of your loyal Cougar followers.
Could have fooled me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard