+356|6554|England
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
That is crazy, hopfully we can translate this into a working solution
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6554|England
In my mind, not only does it offer real possibilities for the future, but its also DAMN COOL!

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
I just wonder if the amount of enegy we put into the system (with all that machinery), is less than the energy we can get out.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6720|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts
I'd be curious to see what would happen to the ocean if we started to use salt water as an energy source.  Would the oceans salinity fall and therefore cause problems to the ocean ecosystem?  Would fisheries be compromised to a point where we could no longer harvest from the worlds oceans?  I really have no idea what the answers are but its something to think about.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
200 watts of power to generate the heat... wow. Image we have a huge container, and can heat my house for a year!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
That's a lotta power. Where are you gonna get it from?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands

Spark wrote:

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

']['error wrote:

Spark wrote:

One nuke please Hans.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272
That's hot.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard
And now we run out of the ocean's water, not immediately but with the greediness of people..... GG.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Yaocelotl wrote:

And now we run out of the ocean's water, not immediately but with the greediness of people..... GG.
I don't see how we can run out of Ocean water...
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6271
Wow, thats pretty awesome.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Yaocelotl wrote:

duh, of course we can run out of the oceans water, we only have 2/3rds of our planet covered in it
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

I don't see how we can run out of Ocean water...
Yeah, and if anything, it'd just be balanced out by global warming. And we'd just use our hydrogen saltwater air conditioners to counter that.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

Teebaggs1 wrote:

I'd be curious to see what would happen to the ocean if we started to use salt water as an energy source.  Would the oceans salinity fall and therefore cause problems to the ocean ecosystem?  Would fisheries be compromised to a point where we could no longer harvest from the worlds oceans?  I really have no idea what the answers are but its something to think about.
Since it was breaking the O-H bond in the water molecule, the 'salt' (NaCl) is not affected. If anything, there would be a higher concerntration of salt in the remaining water... That being said, the boiling point for NaCl is 1465 °C (1738 K).

Mcminty.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard

surgeon_bond wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

duh, of course we can run out of the oceans water, we only have 2/3rds of our planet covered in it
Yeah, but you take my statement by only thinking of household users, wait until industry comes in. Eventually with the extraction of salt water for burning purposes will unbalanace the habitats and more shit will come with that. But hey, you won't be alive when that happens right?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Yaocelotl wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

Yeah, but you take my statement by only thinking of household users, wait until industry comes in. Eventually with the extraction of salt water for burning purposes will unbalanace the habitats and more shit will come with that. But hey, you won't be alive when that happens right?
We have more water than we have land. Think about it.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6735|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

Hmmm, perhaps I can find a way to use this as an instrument in my master plan of destroying 80% of the worlds population.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6340|QUT, GP.
https://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4966/hawnyti1.jpg
"No, Mr. Simpson, don't take your anger out on me. Get back! Get back! Mist - Mr. Simpson - NOOOO!!!!"
*Dramatization - may not have happened.*
- - - - -

Sorry, he does that at the very end, reminded me greatly of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoj8QRjIo-A

Last edited by DK_Vision (2007-06-05 06:09:01)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Cougar wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

Hmmm, perhaps I can find a way to use this as an instrument in my master plan of destroying 80% of the worlds population.
May I join you? I am rich white/asian kid living in Asia. Did I mention my family runs 4 banks and 2 stock holding companies in Taiwan?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

mcminty wrote:

Teebaggs1 wrote:

Since it was breaking the O-H bond in the water molecule, the 'salt' (NaCl) is not affected. If anything, there would be a higher concerntration of salt in the remaining water... That being said, the boiling point for NaCl is 1465 °C (1738 K).

Mcminty.
I think thats what he means, that if the world relys on this, we're going to kill off the ocean if we just dump the salt into the ocean.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

I'm not sure how you are supposed to create energy with this? If I understood this right you have
H-O-H mixed with NaCl -->
then you break the bond (which takes energy) to get
H + H + O + NaCl
and then burn the Hydrogen you just created back to
H-O-H (which should release the same energy that was required to break the bonds in the first place) + NaCl.
So if you include entropy in this, you actually loose energy. What am I missing?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6735|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

May I join you? I am rich white/asian kid living in Asia. Did I mention my family runs 4 banks and 2 stock holding companies in Taiwan?
Only if you let me move to Taiwan and pay me.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yes. Showoff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard