Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6572|San Diego, CA, USA
I heard that China does not have a 'safety net' for its seniors.  Is this true?  If they can do it without Social Security then why can't we? 

Social Security is already going bankrupt, faster when the 12-25 million illegals become retirement age.

Is this a testament of China's 'family structure' or the United States lack-there-of where its socially acceptable to send your aging parents to a Nursing Home?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6566|Texas - Bigger than France
Maybe when people turn 65 we send them to China?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6589|Area 51
China probably has something to compensate for the lack of social security.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6579

Harmor wrote:

I heard that China does not have a 'safety net' for its seniors.  Is this true?  If they can do it without Social Security then why can't we? 

Social Security is already going bankrupt, faster when the 12-25 million illegals become retirement age.

Is this a testament of China's 'family structure' or the United States lack-there-of where its socially acceptable to send your aging parents to a Nursing Home?
Communism (or something approaching it)? Burn him!!!!!!!

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-03 08:25:57)

jonsimon
+224|6519

Harmor wrote:

Maybe we should employ death squads too. China is known for their personal rights and humanitarianism, after all. It is possible their seniors just suffer, you know.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6480|The edge of sanity

Harmor wrote:

China is a nationalist country. Everyone works for their goverment the goverment dosent work for them. Simple as that.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6713|Fort Lewis WA
Everything I have read about asian culture leads to the fact that when the parents retire they move in with the kids.  Maybe that has something to do with it.
I dunno though if this is the case or not.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6642
the chinese are very family oriented if they get to old to work their family helps them
BVC
+325|6719
Maybe people don't live long enough to reach 65 there?  I dunno, too drunk to think...but seriously, if your standard of living isn't good you won't have as many old people to worry about.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6620|Michigan, USA
Your asking how a country with massive overpopulations, shortages, and a horrible human rights history is able to function without a Social Security program, and that we should be able to just as easily.  They have millions more people then us, think of our social security, giving it to several millions seniors, now triple that as a base number for China.  They dont have money for any sort of humanitarian programs, much less SS.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-03 09:34:41)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6429|North Carolina

Harmor wrote:

Oh... they can do it without Social Security or any safety net, but c'mon man...  it's freakin' CHINA!

Do you really wanna use them as an example to live by?....
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6511|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Come on man, are you kidding? Your talking about a country that has forced birth control!!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6369|Twyford, UK
And thus a country heading for disaster when the population of one-family-one-child parents gets old.

Does China even have a retirement system, or is it just 'work until you die'?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378

CameronPoe wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Communism (or something approaching it)? Burn him!!!!!!!
wait ... I got a lighter !
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6790|UK
Social security for 2 billion people is a tad bit harder than social security for 250 million.

Have you not also noticed China is a bit fucked up and shouldnt really be used as an example to anything.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-06-03 11:50:34)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6514|Menlo Park, CA

Vilham wrote:

Social security for 2 billion people is a tad bit harder than social security for 250 million.

Have you not also noticed China is a bit fucked up and shouldnt really be used as an example to anything.
+1 lol that made me laugh!

not too mention so true!!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378
the very elite in china barely approach the life style of the lower class in the U.S.A. The PCR government massacred more of its people than the Nazis ever did. I think they topped the USSR an Japan too when it comes to genocide . Very little of what they do is worth the inspection, except their firecrackers. Weeeeeee !

Fix their child labor laws before you worry about Social Security  in PRC
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6650|Sea to globally-cooled sea
China IS communistic.

Social Security is like a little piece of communism in a capitalist (although less and less) environment.

You can't get more communistic than communism itself.

Communism is shit anyway.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6790|UK

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

the very elite in china barely approach the life style of the lower class in the U.S.A. The PCR government massacred more of its people than the Nazis ever did. I think they topped the USSR an Japan too when it comes to genocide . Very little of what they do is worth the inspection, except their firecrackers. Weeeeeee !

What the hell are you talking about. The very elite live like gods in China. When my dad goes to do business with large shipping companies out there he basically goes to a whole skyscraper for one guy. Who has like effectively slaves who work for bugger all.
ts-pulsar
+54|6526

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Your info is a bit dated.  The people who hold down good jobs in the cities in china live quite well.  They drive behemoth SUV's (with no enforced traffic laws btw), go clubbing, play games on the net, and in general act pretty much like Americans. 

My best friends dad makes trips to China about once a month, started because his wife is Chinese and they were visiting family, but he discovered that the Chinese people seem to love Latin music, which he plays.  It's completely new to them and he has actually become a fairly large name in China, featured in a lot of magazines and he makes a LOT of money every time he goes over there, and all he does is go from club to club playing music.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378
Thanks for the correction  dude !  Experience beats reading magazines every time. I concede Your win.
Fuckin National Geographic !

What percentile live like this I wonder? any further data ?

In the USA some ( a lot of actually ) Welfare cases have Humvees and suvs.

Everyone in the Projects has Hispeed internet connections and cable TV.

And Ps. were would you rather live ?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-06-03 12:15:09)

maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6444|Melbourne, AUS
Actually, only former CCP members are entitled to a pension, in which there are quite a few levels.
As for the dole, I believe only Shanghai residents are entitled to one. Not to sound harsh but you gotta work hard to succeed over there.
There are way, way too many lazy bums who 'cbf'ed' taking a job in Western cultures and then blame it on migrants or their health as an excuse.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6470|Chicago, IL
Is china's average life expectancy even high enough?  I'll check...

yep, 72.6 years, but with 1.2 billion people, a social security net would crush their growing economy.

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2007-06-03 16:17:37)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

It does...in the form of magical one-way bus trips.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-06-03 18:01:47)

ts-pulsar
+54|6526

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Thanks for the correction  dude !  Experience beats reading magazines every time. I concede Your win.
Fuckin National Geographic !

What percentile live like this I wonder? any further data ?

In the USA some ( a lot of actually ) Welfare cases have Humvees and suvs.

Everyone in the Projects has Hispeed internet connections and cable TV.

And Ps. were would you rather live ?
Oh I definitely rather live in the states, and so does my friends dad, he came to the states trying to get away from the failed revolution in Nicaragua and has absolutely no love for communism, but if you can make a buck off em, why not?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard