SealXo
+309|6546
what the fuck was with that alfredson goal?

He OBVIOUSLY KICKED THAT IN
and everyone knows it.

And even if he didnt i remember awhile back kunitz had one deflect off his skate when he was STANDING AND NOT MOVING

then ottawas coming in and he makes a kicking motion and that is a goal and kunitz wasnt?!?!

do these bastards just flip a coin?
colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6485|B.C Canada
your allowed to deflect the puck in with your skate as long as you dont make the kicking motion, he didnt kick until after the puck entered the net.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6761|the middle of nowhere
It really doesn't matter because they still won by two points even though I'm still for Anaheim .
Trel
+70|6687
The fact that that was considered a goal wasn't surprising, as far as kicking a puck in goes, that wasn't bad.  His foot was making a regular stopping motion, and there was a split-second delay between when the puck hit his foot and when his foot jolted forward.

What was surprising was that the original call was 'No Goal' and it got overturned.

*cough* Review booth is in Toronto, Canadian hax! *cough*cough*
Good to be back.
CC-Marley
+407|6839

Darkhelmet wrote:

It really doesn't matter because they still won by two points even though I'm still for Anaheim .
2 goals, points are different 
SealXo
+309|6546
yeah they won by 2 goals because they got momentum from that goal
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6825|Moore, OK
My synopsis of the game, as someone cheering for Anaheim:

"Holy crap, game three was insane. Ottawa played beautifully, but the same can’t be said for Anaheim. After dominating the first period, they made stupid decisions throughout the latter part of the second period, and the entire third period. I can’t count how many times that they failed to take a shot on goal in the third period, and a shitload of missed passes in the second and third. Not to mention, Anaheim made way too many visits (12 I think) to the penalty box. Sure I can understand that they were getting frustrated, but the last thing you want to do when you’re down by a goal, much less two goals, is let your temper get the best of you. And what the hell was Pronger thinking when he threw that elbow at McAmmond? It was a very dirty hit, and it probably cost Anaheim the game. Amazingly, Pronger wasn’t sent to the box, but it sure as shit pissed of Ottawa and pumped them up. As much as I like Chris Pronger, I think he deserves to be suspended for at least one game.

To Anaheim’s credit, it wasn’t entirely their fault that they lost. The refs did make a lot of stupid calls which I believe that contributed to the Ottawa win. Though the decision that the goal wasn’t kicked in by Alfredsson was a good one, the same couldn’t be said by other decisions by the officials. I’m not saying that the refs were biased towards Ottawa, but it did seem that Ottawa wasn’t getting punished as often as Anaheim for playing as physical as they were. An example of a blown call is the interference against Emery since he was clearly outside the crease when he was knocked around. That was a minor penalty that shouldn’t have happened. Then again, maybe it was the refs way of giving Ottawa a free powerplay since they failed to punish Pronger.

All in all, a very exciting game and I can’t wait for game four. Go Ducks."
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6783|California, US
Ok my thoughts on the game

Anaheim was playing well the first 2 periods but made a couple mistakes leading to Sens goal, one didnt have everyone on the ice, second that was a bs call on the goal ive seen ones where there was nothing and they called off the goal and they let that one in, IN THE STANLEY CUP! and 3rd was the mistake by Pronger letting it go off his own stick in the goal.
But i have to say the refs were giving the sens a big chance with some of those penalty calls but idk, all i know is that Anaheim will have something pushing them to win in Ottawa and take it back home with a lead of 3-1.
So I see the Ducks playing much better the next game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard