HansMeiser wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

B-Scimitar wrote:

Don't cry for me Argentina.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6462|Wales

stkhoplite wrote:

You don't see real soldiers jump around the battlefield
you dont see real soldiers in battles of exactly 16 v 16 and jets rapeing a Air craft carrier but who gives a fuck?
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6382
I make squads, but only so medic tools can follow me and revive me.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
You see way more high ranking players now than back in the day. Its normal now to see like 5 silver bars, a couple leaves, some birds and a general in any given full 32+ size server. But part of this may be because i usually go to heavily populated servers. Ranks are just points accumulated so naturally the longer since release, the higher the avg rank. Some experience obviously comes with this.

But I agree and disagree with the OPs statement that VOIP and tactics have lead to the BF2 community being what it is today. I know of people that think the average BF2 player has become much worse because of tactics like grenade spamming that have become very standard or whoring the J-10 etc. And it can still be incredibly difficult to get squad members to stay together. A lot of the time when squads start functioning best, you see weaker players start trying to split up because they begin competing with their own teamates for points. All these things are examples of how the average BF2 player has over time learned to exploit the game for their own benefits.

I think teamwork is as bad as ever, but it isnt hard to find people that have figured out how to get high scores in one way or another. And a lot of them admittedly have a good bit of skill.

I think the exploitation of movement in BF2, like the crazy high speed turning the jumping and rolling and all that make BF2 unique and fun. When I play Counterstrike I feel like my character has leg braces, and R6 vegas, which i just picked up, is similarly slow. Its not completely ridiculous to have the characters pull off some crazy moves either. have u ever seen "speedball" paintballing? Those people do all kinds of crazy jumping and rolling moves to throw eachother off. The whole respawning thing lends BF2 to such aggressive strategies that I think its appropriate for the BF2 character to be like an insane painballer, rather than some scared real-life soldier that wouldnt fucking CONSIDER popping his head up when people are shooting.

Also, you can't downplay the effect of forums like these on informing people how the game works. Early on most of the guides etc were pretty bad and it was hard to find videos that actually showed some skill. now people dont even want to see another video of someone owning on karkand because everyone already knows exactly what that looks like. while many of you loathe these videos, u have to admit they have a huge teaching potential that became more available as time went on.
Evil_Apu
+40|6600|Denmark
it became harder? Used to get 50-70 points-a-round in Karkand IO, now i get 70-90++ a round
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

BF2 is realistic? Since when?
Since PR and that's it.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6679|Groningen, The Netherlands

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Ive seen that after BF2142 came out.. many players stoped playing BF2... and that now only a few thousand remain. Most of em are skilled players, with like it cause of how realistic the game is. And that because of this, VOIP voice conversations were more "tactical chatter", that the ways and technics players used are more like the real shit, that now the game itself is harder cause many are skilled player.. ansome other shit more. Havent u seen the same?
Most servers are still filled up with average noobcakes. I rarely have tactical chatter over voip

Last edited by Gamematt (2007-06-02 07:29:37)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6638|Gold coast, Aus.
moar then half this thread are just quote boxes with no typing.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6612|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

gene_pool wrote:

Zodiaccup
+42|6563

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Since the release of PR.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Ive seen that after BF2142 came out.. many players stoped playing BF2... and that now only a few thousand remain.
Say what? There about 3x times as more BF2 servers as there are BF2142 servers (Populated servers)
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

seymorebutts443 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dragonclaw
+186|6322|Florida
BF2 isnt filled with skilled players, its filled with unlock n00bs and claymore spammers with a side of vehicle whore. Rare to find "skilled" players unless you go on waib but then thats full of tweaking noobs so you can never get away from the noobs.
Simon
basically
+838|6675|UK

gene_pool wrote:

bf2s for you.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

A lot who went to Gayfaggoteatingfield 2142 came back to BF2, including me and it wasnt because of the realism.
it was because you got to the highest rank in 180hrs.......
ye
siciliano732
+202|6666|New York

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Ive seen that after BF2142 came out.. many players stoped playing BF2... and that now only a few thousand remain. Most of em are skilled players, with like it cause of how realistic the game is. And that because of this, VOIP voice conversations were more "tactical chatter", that the ways and technics players used are more like the real shit, that now the game itself is harder cause many are skilled player.. ansome other shit more. Havent u seen the same?
your outta your mind...the only bf2 is becoming is more frustrating with the little immature kids runnin around tking and just acting like assholes...there is nothing realistic about that...2142 has less BS.
agent146
+127|6403|Jesus Land aka Canada

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

video games realistic? since when?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6306|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

what game are you talking about????????

i still see medic whores
Still, having people bring you back to life is better than having some asshole sit around in a tank.

No, I'm not naming any names or pointing any fingers.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
san4
The Mas
+311|6705|NYC, a place to live

Marinejuana wrote:

Ranks are just points accumulated so naturally the longer since release, the higher the avg rank. Some experience obviously comes with this....

Also, you can't downplay the effect of forums like these on informing people how the game works. ... while many of you loathe these videos, u have to admit they have a huge teaching potential that became more available as time went on.
QFT. My play has improved because of experience and reading guides, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6547

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

I make squads, but only so medic tools can follow me and revive me.
medic tools when your favorite kit is medic....
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6542|South Florida

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Lol no, now that there are only a few thousand people that means the Player/Hacker ratio is worse.
15 more years! 15 more years!
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6642|Quebec city, Canada
You will see that battlefield 2 is still popular, at least way more popular than 2142 : http://www.game-monitor.com/othergames.php?page=search
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6723

blademaster wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Since PR.  If you are not playing PR, and you think vBF2 is realistic, You are a naive fool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard