Mitch
16 more years
+877|6542|South Florida
First, go to your kitchen and get a tall glass. Put 2 tablespoons of Seasalt (regualar sold will do...) and then add water untill nearly full. Stir, then take your ipod and stick it in this saltwater. Let set for 10 minutes.

Now, plug it back into your computer and see if it works.

If it works you have a usefull Ipod.
If it does not work, you have a tasty snack for while you look up a new brand of MP3 player to use.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

i love all this apple hate

this post brought to you courtesy of a macbook pro
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6767
the Ipod is a nice bit of gadgetry so fuck off all you apple haters.

Sarrk, you got Outlook open?
It is not downloading any updates is it via the Ipod updater program?
The Ipod updater might be running in the background so you might need to end it.
Check to see if the IPodService.exe is running as this might be causing problems.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6252|S.A. Australia
You can eject it by right clicking it from the 'My Computer' section
Serious Flex
OmniDeath
~
+726|6661

well, i used to hate ipods too...until i won one in contest. after i started using it i fell in love, the best mp3 player ive ever used.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6612|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Apple service blows monkey chunks, took them 5 months to respond to an email of mine, i sent the email because iTunes wouldnt let me create an account to purchase music.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Apple service blows monkey chunks, took them 5 months to respond to an email of mine, i sent the email because iTunes wouldnt let me create an account to purchase music.
weird i have never had a problem, actually everyone i know who has dealt with has said the exact opposite.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6667|Keyboard

seymorebutts443 wrote:

I smell some ethernet-cable-being-unplugged here, jk
Defiance
+438|6688

nlsme
+48|6432|new york
Got a Zen vision plus to replace my 2 gig nano. Half the cost, AND its a 4 gig. Ipods fail.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6680|under there hayousaidunderwear
ipod is teh win
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669

Elamdri wrote:

I don't like iPods. They have poor connectivity with their PCs, they tend to freeze up and die too often for my liking, and they don't have a removable battery, so if your battery dies, you have to send it in to be refurbished.

I tend to go with Creative products. Creative is THE name in digital sound, they have been around in the industry FAR longer than Apple, in fact, Creative had MP3 players out a year & a half before the iPod. In fact, Creative OWNS the patents to Apples software, because it was ruled too similar to Creative's. I would say if you are interested in a creative, go with a ZenMicroPhoto, but they just recently stopped production on them. If you are looking to replace an Ipod, I would go with the Zen Vision: M. Its a little chunkier than an iPod, but I like them better.
Creative is anything but...their products will never amount to much and are nowhere close to the iPods.  It is NOT the name in digital sound...lol, that is funny. 

If you are using an iPod with a PC that is your first problem, go out and buy a Mac and then you will see what computing is like!
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669

Marlboroman82 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

weird i have never had a problem, actually everyone i know who has dealt with has said the exact opposite.
Exactly...Apple service is the shit.  Seymore, ever hear of a phone?
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

I like the ipod, but im not a heavy mp3 player user ... I like using winamp much better than itunes ... what "Apple service", you mean purchase music?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6612|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Cheddarmuff wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Exactly...Apple service is the shit.  Seymore, ever hear of a phone?
yes you sarcastic lump, and yes i did call them, that was a few weeks ago and it didn't solve my problem.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6542|South Florida
Someone quote my answer and say its funny ^^
15 more years! 15 more years!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

After 4 iPods I gave the Zune a try last week.... I must say I am happy I made the change to the Darkside. I even subscribed to Zune Market place . All the legal music I want for 15 bucks a month. And it is incredibly easy to use... aw yea.

https://i8.tinypic.com/52d3s5i.jpg
I'm using a
picture of me eating
corn as my wallpaper

S.Lythberg wrote:

Just unplug the i pod, nothing bad happens.
I have bricked my iPod a couple times doing that. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. It will freeze on the do not disconnect screen. Then you have to open it and remove the battery ribbon and reinsert it. It is a pain in the arse, you need to do it with tweezers.

@OP http://ipodlounge.com is a good site to visit for help and cool stuff.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Betrayal
+4|6800|Florida
This just shows how shitty iPods are
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6252|Bristol
just unplug it anyway trust me doesnt nothing, if it does just do master reset
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
i have a cowon M3L player. its from korea so its cheap, and yet the quality is high. ive had it for 3 years, taken it to tropical rainforests twice, and the 20 gb HD is still going strong. Originally the battery lasted 21 hours, and it still will keep an 8 hour charge. u plug it in and drag files to it like a thumb drive. no installation at all, works on any computer apple or pc. it has no bullshit sharing rules. i just dont see why anyone would shell out the cash for an ipod. but then i remember that a similar number of people probably threw down for tamagotchis ten years ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard