paratrooper307
Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't
+24|6722|Fort Bragg, NC
ok. as a member of an engineer company on active duty with the 82nd airborne division., im quite irked that BF2/BF2sf/euro force have this lame conception that engineers have shottys...... not the case for most of us atleast they have a m16/m4. I have seen a few combat engineers with them but over all no.

Last edited by paratrooper307 (2006-01-25 03:53:32)

shspunkrockr
+0|6744
Agreed, and also, in real life, the engineer is the one that would be putting C4 on bridges and shit like that. EA/Dice should've done a little more studying.Combat engineers deserve a lot more respect.That is all I have to say.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6824
Shotguns own.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

shspunkrockr wrote:

Agreed, and also, in real life, the engineer is the one that would be putting C4 on bridges and shit like that. EA/Dice should've done a little more studying.
I'm sorry, but I don't think the fact that C4 is not used by Engineers in bf2 has anything to do with EA/Dice not doing their homework... This is a video game people, the game is based in reality, however many things have to be changed in the name of balance. If you want a super realistic first person shooter where everything is exactly as it is in real life army situations then go get America's Army, hell, it's even free!
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6732|Vermont
And in real life you can actually die when you're shot.  Who friggin' cares about real life?
Flavius Aetius
+3|6661|Stalking Chuck Norris
how realistic is it to have the marines get f-15's? Claymores that are proximity sensitive? I would like some realism within the game
DSRTurtle
+56|6677
The shotguns suck.  No range and not enough ammo.  I usually get killed trying to kill the guy who blew up my UAV, cause I'm having to use a shot gun to his G36 or SCAR-L.
Flavius Aetius
+3|6661|Stalking Chuck Norris
yeah, they're great for close quarters, but when was the last time a tank/LAV/UAV/arty was in a close quarters area ? (i know in the streets, but even then, its not the best weapon do defend yourself with. i use the pistol)

Last edited by Flavius Aetius (2006-01-24 20:44:10)

Drunkaholic
+4|6716

shspunkrockr wrote:

Agreed, and also, in real life, the engineer is the one that would be putting C4 on bridges and shit like that. EA/Dice should've done a little more studying.Combat engineers deserve a lot more respect.That is all I have to say.
But then the 12-year olds wouldn't be able to play Rambo (yes, I know he's a Green Beret).  And as for real life; the last time I checked, the only rank available for a combat engineer was Combat Engineer.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6747
bah be quite and build the dam bridge.

Last I knew of engineer units, they usualy do not have enugh rifles/carbines for the entier unit and rotate the same ones in and out depending on who is on what duty.  Perhaps field deployment is differnt, but the base I was raised near did that.
someone25
+1|6739
@ topic

word!
to do ea a favour i would like to see the engineer with the shotty and as sidearm the mp7... that would be ok...
or with a pistol and a "weaker" g36 or m16 

and gameplay...
u should easier get points for repairing stuff!
Lobsters
+0|6662
S12K and Pump Shottie > *
someone25
+1|6739

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

bah be quite and build the dam bridge.

Last I knew of engineer units, they usualy do not have enugh rifles/carbines for the entier unit and rotate the same ones in and out depending on who is on what duty.  Perhaps field deployment is differnt, but the base I was raised near did that.
ok - word too...

but all engineers i met - thinking of repairing a bridge or building one - there were all at the front line...  coverd only by recon or paratroops...   (i was recon by the way)
they had all assault rifles...
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6735|St. Paul, MN
engineers should get a carbine---AND C4---AND a shotgun---AND a bunch of balloons---AND a bag of candies---AND lots of gifts and presents---and hugs and kisses and flowers and parades and floats and stickers and everything else too because engineers are the best, they do the dirtywork.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6735|St. Paul, MN
...And whatever they want
I wub engineers.

No, I'm serious
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
Nice kkookie.

True. Repair points are heaps hard to get...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
someone25
+1|6739

Kkookie wrote:

engineers should get a carbine---AND C4---AND a shotgun---AND a bunch of balloons---AND a bag of candies---AND lots of gifts and presents---and hugs and kisses and flowers and parades and floats and stickers and everything else too because engineers are the best, they do the dirtywork.
rofl

u forget the nuke...

engineers should get a 15kt nuke...  armed & ready

mhh..
maybe they should get two...
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6735|Malaga, EspaƱa
i'll bet the Topic creator hasnt got the Mk3 shotty yet, coz thats no shotgun it,s a god damn dangerous gun when u are standing in front of it

i think the Teamworks points gaining by Engin are unfair compared versus the Medic and Support....u just drop packages and u got urself a point if someone walks over it and that happens all the time. u earn easy 20 - 40 teamwork points if ur a Support

i think if u get a repair point in this situation u should get 5 teamwork points , coz many times u have to fix the whole damn friendly tank before u gain a point. or an asset . or EA/DICE put in the next patch a new point system of the Engin in it : i think it would be fair enough to get a repair point

Vehicule / Asset  Full health 4/4
Engin repairs and get 1 repair point (1 teamwork point) per 1/4 part repaired (so 25% of the full health)

coz comon 7 out of the 10 times u repair a Tank u get blow away or drived over by ur stupid teammate.
give the Engin a Fair balance versus the Medic and Support.
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6718

DSRTurtle wrote:

The shotguns suck.  No range and not enough ammo.  I usually get killed trying to kill the guy who blew up my UAV, cause I'm having to use a shot gun to his G36 or SCAR-L.
MP7!

Maybe not the best gun in the world, but good enough to kill the nasty spec ops.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6817|Netherlands
get a UZI...

and a cutting tool,

like a welding , or melt trough the metal parts of any carrier or to make a door,way for your team to go trough..

..not bad..

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2006-01-25 03:39:27)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Hey paratrooper, I'm not a military man, and I know diddly squat about the armed forces, (I was a member of the ATC, that's Air Training Core, when I was thirteen, with the high rank of cadet. It sucked dick. all we did was parade.) Can you answer me this one thing though.
Don't you get a 'weapon of choice'? I know this Vietnam vet who had that option, (he took a shotgun for close combat jungle fighting.) Do you get anything like that, even a small array of weapons to choose from each class?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
morbesso666
+0|6755|Givataim, Israel

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

And in real life you can actually die when you're shot.  Who friggin' cares about real life?
Words as hell.
Topic starter STFU if you want to go to the army do that for yourself not to be cocky.
paratrooper307
Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't
+24|6722|Fort Bragg, NC
huh? i am in the army

morbesso666 wrote:

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Words as hell.
Topic starter STFU if you want to go to the army do that for yourself not to be cocky.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6753|Internet!
Morbesso tends to lack respect for his fellow posters, please attempt to ignore him.

Engineers are rather underated, but the MP-7 is a good replacement, if you don't like the shotguns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard