KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

CannonFodder11b wrote:

All anyone can do is hope the heads of state pull they're heads from they're asses and start acting as if tomarrow depends on todays actions.  Because it does.  What we do today effects the world tomarrow.  Well Bush is on his way out, Blair is gone, Saddam is dead, now if all the other wackos would just refrain from pissing everyone else off we should be good.
And there you go.  Our foreign policy for the last 100 years has been incredibly expedient.  I am certainly very cynical in regards to "the heads of state pulling their heads from their asses".  Only time will tell.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6714|Fort Lewis WA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

All anyone can do is hope the heads of state pull they're heads from they're asses and start acting as if tomarrow depends on todays actions.  Because it does.  What we do today effects the world tomarrow.  Well Bush is on his way out, Blair is gone, Saddam is dead, now if all the other wackos would just refrain from pissing everyone else off we should be good.
And there you go.  Our foreign policy for the last 100 years has been incredibly expedient.  I am certainly very cynical in regards to "the heads of state pulling their heads from their asses".  Only time will tell.
Im not holding my breath.  But I can certainly hope one day someon somewhere wakes up and makes some serious changes.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6668
just wait till i run for president.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6714|Fort Lewis WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

You got my vote, bout time a ground pounder ran for office!
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6655|USA

sfarrar33 wrote:

it only contributes to Americas growing negative image
well that and grossly violates basic human rights of course
Personally, I don't give a flying bat turd what anyone on "this" forum thinks it is or how it has changed.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

smtt686 wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

it only contributes to Americas growing negative image
well that and grossly violates basic human rights of course
Personally, I don't give a flying bat turd what anyone on "this" forum thinks it is or how it has changed.
thank you for the intelligent discussion and reply.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6709|United States of America
To be fair, it's those Macedonians who really caused it. I don't know how a false passport traveller suddenly turns into some sort of terrorist, but I'm really not even sure what a passport is for to this day.
AudioAtomica
+53|6274
Wow, I can honestly say that doesn't surprise me, and that kind of disgusts me.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6668

CannonFodder11b wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ill scuff shit up
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ill scuff shit up
As long as you don't sell out in the next 10 years.  My buddy is the president of the CYD (California Young Democrats).  This guy was one of the most sensible lefties I know, and now he is an absolute whore to the Democratic Party.  He even eventually went with a negative campaign in his election.

edit:  My friends and I told him if he ever runs for president, we'll bring out the pictures from high school...He said he would have us killed.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-06-01 13:41:17)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378
I highly doubt it happened at all. He seems like a Drama queen.

“dressed in a diaper, injected with drugs, chained to the floor of a plane,

I was imprisoned in a foul dungeon .

H/J wrote:

the only thing missing is  “Braun Hilda with a strapon” .
Long after the American government realized that I was an entirely innocent man, I was blindfolded, put back on a plane, flown to Europe and left on a hilltop in Albania.

This last line seems like its from a "Monty Python" skit. was his porridge cold too?

If we really wanted to fuk someone over  we could drop them off were the Insurgents could seize them. I doubt they’d take the time to properly Identify them or their intended purposes and the typical captives fate would await them. END of Story

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-06-02 08:35:16)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

As long as you don't sell out in the next 10 years.  My buddy is the president of the CYD (California Young Democrats).  This guy was one of the most sensible lefties I know, and now he is an absolute whore to the Democratic Party.  He even eventually went with a negative campaign in his election.

edit:  My friends and I told him if he ever runs for president, we'll bring out the pictures from high school...He said he would have us killed.
so a sensible lefty.. huh ? what ?

was a geek in High school ( the formative years ) can you imagine ?

whored him self out to the Democratic Party. ( unbridled ambition coupled with abject lack of integrity )

Ran a negative campaign ( no real values or principals )

" said he would have us killed " has visions of abusing Power once HE gets it.

At what point were you caught off guard? .

Now ask the “ Ground Pounder “ Pre 911 when some people didn’t have to pretend they were patriotic

What party would he most likely get support from and be able to secure a nomination.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-06-02 09:14:53)

CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6714|Fort Lewis WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ill scuff shit up
You deffinatly got my vote... but if you sell out don't be surprised if you find shit on your desk in the oval office.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6429|North Carolina

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

“dressed in a diaper, injected with drugs, chained to the floor of a plane,

I was imprisoned in a foul dungeon .

H/J wrote:

the only thing missing is  “Braun Hilda with a strapon” .
Long after the American government realized that I was an entirely innocent man, I was blindfolded, put back on a plane, flown to Europe and left on a hilltop in Albania.

This last line seems like its from a "Monty Python" skit. was his porridge cold too?

If we really wanted to fuk someone over  we could drop them off were the Insurgents could seize them. I doubt they’d take the time to properly Identify them or their intended purposes and the typical captives fate would await them. END of Story
I usually go to hilltops in Albania for vacation.  It's quite invigorating with the blindfold on as well....
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6643|InGerLand

Turquoise wrote:

I usually go to hilltops in Albania for vacation.  It's quite invigorating with the blindfold on as well....
Its quite a beautiful country in places and the fact that you can talk to some people about the communist regime and see a ton of communist relics about the place is interesting. The mountains themselves are very remote and inaccessible and there is no real law enforcement in the place. If you want to sneak people off and hide them its a good place to do it not to mention that its friendly to the west overall, unlike other countries which are similarly remote but hostile.
san4
The Mas
+311|6712|NYC, a place to live

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4504292.stm -

"The case was discussed earlier in Berlin by the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, and Secretary of State Rice.
Mrs Merkel said the US acknowledged making a mistake in detaining Mr Masri."

From http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 02107.html -

He was held for five months largely because the head of the CIA's Counterterrorist Center's al-Qaeda unit "believed he was someone else," a former CIA official last year said on condition of anonymity.

"German investigators have confirmed most of Masri's allegations, which have received extensive publicity in Europe. In December, a senior Bush administration official traveling with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said U.S. officials had told the Germans that Masri was released because the intelligence was insufficient to justify his detention."

From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7591918/ -

"Many of El-Masri’s claims have been confirmed, but until now it was not known what had actually gone wrong. Now NBC News has learned key details of the CIA operation, how the mistake was discovered, and how top officials in the US government, including Tenet and Condoleezza Rice were briefed"

This has been extensively covered.  He definitely was held without charge for at least 5 months.
The reason this happens is there is no oversight of the people who decide who to snatch and what to do with them. There are no consequences if these secret government agents are careless, lazy or stupid. People can disagree about whether torture and secret prisons should exist at all, but no responsible person can say there should be no oversight.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6609|Seattle

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I agree with the Fodder's post. It is amazing how fast the media and people in general will jump on the word of one person who claims this stuff. Proof? Everybody needs to realize that there have been several people recently found out not to be who they claimed they were and many people believed every word they said until they were exposed. I am not going to quote or post links, its pretty easy to find, one incident just happened last week. I am sure that EVERY government is NOT innocent when it comes to dealing with suspects, spies..etc. EVERY country has a dark, secret side. We are no different, but of course we are the first to be called "evil" and people are "shocked" and "appalled".  I love how this post is strictly about bashing the United States solely based on the word of someone that NOBODY knows ANYTHING about and its funny how fast some of you jump on his words and join the bandwagon.

This post automatically assumes that this story is factual and only offers discussion on how bad the US is. This post should really ask if this is even true and like the old saying goes: When you Assume, you make an ass out of you and me. Finally, it really is amazing that our ultra secret deviant war against the innocent(sarc) is so easily exposed. The CIA on the one hand pulls off such secretive, brutal operations but is so stupid to release someone to tell the world about it. Does that make any sense.....Jeez. I agree with Fodder's post completely.
I love how you reply with, "well maybe it never happened!"

It just goes to show that in the end, most of you just believe whatever you want.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378

Marinejuana wrote:

It just goes to show that in the end, most of you just believe whatever you want.
as opposed to what ever you want ?
san4
The Mas
+311|6712|NYC, a place to live

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

I think he means that people post their opinions without addressing facts that conflict with their position.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378

san4 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

I think he means that people post their opinions without addressing facts that conflict with their position.
Its tough to " Address the facts " on line.

You see a few sites put together by people who more often than not, had " their  own opinions and slant " .

I feel we must accept this as a whole and try not to act too righteous or indignant if some one doesn't sign on 100% to a Pet project or protest.

My new motto is, Just try to voice Your opinion as " Your opinion ", 6 hyperlinks does not make it a fact.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-06-03 08:53:27)

Sorcerer0513
+18|6566|Outer Space

san4 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

No, I think he means people believe what they want to believe, and ignore what they don't want to believe.

Seriously, how many people do you think would believe Abu Ghraib was true if there weren't any photos?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6429|North Carolina

sfarrar33 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Its quite a beautiful country in places and the fact that you can talk to some people about the communist regime and see a ton of communist relics about the place is interesting. The mountains themselves are very remote and inaccessible and there is no real law enforcement in the place. If you want to sneak people off and hide them its a good place to do it not to mention that its friendly to the west overall, unlike other countries which are similarly remote but hostile.
Good to know...  thanks... 
RAVAGE
+4|6198|México City, México.
US need to wake up of that Tom Clancy`s fantasy world, they are living in.

Last edited by RAVAGE (2007-06-03 10:57:02)

RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6561|Chicago

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Vilham wrote:

It has happened. Multiple times...
Just like people swear up and down they have been abducted by aliens , anal probed and left in the middle of nowhere to walk home violated, and ashamed. 
Please just because someone says they were abducted by the us, does not mean it actually happend, people make shit up, for money, and other reasons.  If the US is so bad ass that its gonna abduct torture,beat, imprison and what not, dont you think it would be easier to just kill the guy and dump his body?
Why leave a possible witness to crimes alive?  Everyone already thinks the CIA are the most evil sons-a-bitches since the gestapo. So why not just double tap the forehead and dump them in a river?

Sometimes people need to think before speaking.  I'm not saying it didnt happen...but what makes this guy so damned credible?
Wow, dude. You truly have a way with words. Make a new D&ST thread denying the holocaust. I think you could persuade me. [/sarcasm]
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6378

RAVAGE wrote:

US need to wake up of that Tom Clancy`s fantasy world, they are living in.
Ah Mexico !!   a Bottomless source of veracity and accepted wisdom in covert intel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard