'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I...hate...you <----- Jealousy
Sweet cars, seriously wish I had one.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

keyoshi wrote:

My neighbor has a 25th anniversery 1976 silver / grey vette like the one you posted above. It has less than 30k miles on it. 4 speed manual transmission. no scratches / chips / etc. It's awesome.
Oh thats worth a lot!
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
UPDATE: Ughh... It turns out there running late (like i wouldnt have ever guessed) and he says he should be here by 11pm... But i really wanted to see it in the light... oh well garage will do.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6710
unless I am missing something, whats the point of car you cant drive?
WhiteStain
+3|6707|NEPA
All vettes are the same.

PORTA POTTYS - Made of fiberglass and full of shit.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

SnobbyBoss wrote:

unless I am missing something, whats the point of car you cant drive?
I said its my fathers not mine
nonexistentusmc
+26|6416|Queens, NYC
Where in NY is this?! I want to see this carshow! LMAO!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

WhiteStain wrote:

All vettes are the same.

No no no, that MUSTANGS, not Vettes.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

WhiteStain wrote:

All vettes are the same.

Haha you are so mislead my young boy? And what would you prefer? A lamborghini?
The Z06 C5 Corvette is one of the best sports cars in the world.
The Z06 can produce 1 G of force full speed before breaking control of the road. The best a porche can do is .9 G's.
I've seen stock Z06's race Lambs, Porches, Ferrari's, and beat them in accelaration and match them in top speed. Yet the Corvette costs hundreds of thousands less then your exotics.
It is all american, all perfection.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Stingray24 wrote:

WhiteStain wrote:

All vettes are the same.

No no no, that MUSTANGS, not Vettes.
QFE
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Where in NY is this?! I want to see this carshow! LMAO!
Its Central New York, sorry its a few hours from NYC
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

WhiteStain wrote:

All vettes are the same.

Haha you are so mislead my young boy? And what would you prefer? A lamborghini?
The Z06 C5 Corvette is one of the best sports cars in the world.
The Z06 can produce 1 G of force full speed before breaking control of the road. The best a porche can do is .9 G's.
I've seen stock Z06's race Lambs, Porches, Ferrari's, and beat them in accelaration and match them in top speed. Yet the Corvette costs hundreds of thousands less then your exotics.
It is all american, all perfection.
My buddy's dad raced a Z06 in his Mitsu Lancer Evo.  The Z06 smoked it.

edit:  I witnessed a Camaro SS beat an Evo too.

Chevy makes some really fast cars.  My boss has a '69 Nickey.  He had to sell his Denali for it.  It is probably the most badass car I will ever drive in.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-05-31 18:24:38)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
hahaha, Evo vs 510hp ZO6?  that's not even a race, put a dodge viper in there and you might have a contest.
WhiteStain
+3|6707|NEPA
Ok the Porta Potty reference isn't to the power it provides. It is what the owners of vettes are known for. They are made of Fiberglass and the people that drive them don't know shit about cars because they are 40-60 somethings that are having there midlife crisis. And if you want to speak power, look at the new Shelby Mustang GT500KR.

And by the way I could care less about american cars because I sell Nissan's and look at a twin turbo 350Z pushing 575 HP or the 2000 Nissan GTR they are a much more quality built car and will be better in resale value than any domestic. If you wish to buy the american stuff that is thrown together, its your money but quality speaks for itself. Chevy used to make really fast cars. but now they can't put together an under $20,000 car that the public will buy.

Last edited by WhiteStain (2007-05-31 19:12:28)

gCASEy200
Banned
+40|6250|L-town MA
my dad has a 06 z06, basically its the fastest production car under 100k, not only can it beat lambos ferraris benzs vipers, its only like 75k
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
A red corvette? It probably costs more the insure than to buy.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
horsepower isn't everything...
The Shelby has more power, but the vette has a better transmission, so the GT will just shred it's tires, and the Corvette will be 200 feet ahead
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6267|Bloomington Indiana
i hate you

my taurus has like...4308579374609308560586054068340 miles on it....and it doesnt like living.  nor does it like working, keeping air in the tires and so on

things it does love.
leaking oil
leaking power steering fluid
exploding its tires while im on the freeway *went through all 4 tires in 8 months...first passenger front, then driver front, the passenger back, then driver side back*

its going to kill me....its like a damned stephen king novel or something
Skorpy-chan
+127|6316|Twyford, UK

S.Lythberg wrote:

hahaha, Evo vs 510hp ZO6?  that's not even a race, put a dodge viper in there and you might have a contest.
Depends on if there are corners involved. Corvettes never were known for cornering ability, and the Evo does that pretty much exclusively.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Bah, the evo would blow up before it hits 140...

who races around hairpins in street cars anyway?  I have the need for speed, but i'm not suicidal.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

WhiteStain wrote:

Ok the Porta Potty reference isn't to the power it provides. It is what the owners of vettes are known for. They are made of Fiberglass and the people that drive them don't know shit about cars because they are 40-60 somethings that are having there midlife crisis. And if you want to speak power, look at the new Shelby Mustang GT500KR.

And by the way I could care less about american cars because I sell Nissan's and look at a twin turbo 350Z pushing 575 HP or the 2000 Nissan GTR they are a much more quality built car and will be better in resale value than any domestic. If you wish to buy the american stuff that is thrown together, its your money but quality speaks for itself. Chevy used to make really fast cars. but now they can't put together an under $20,000 car that the public will buy.
I do know what you mean, and yes, rich guys who know nothing about cars do tend to buy them, but even though they dont know it, there making a very good choice. My dad also ownes a 1980 corvette. One is for classic beauty and one of for raw speed and sporty looks.
WhiteStain
+3|6707|NEPA

S.Lythberg wrote:

horsepower isn't everything...
The Shelby has more power, but the vette has a better transmission, so the GT will just shred it's tires, and the Corvette will be 200 feet ahead
The transmission has NOTHING to do with grip on the street. And the Shelby will smoke the Z06 FYI.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6473|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I'll race ya with my bitch...

It's not a car
It's not a bike
It's not a tricycal

It's a 125ccm Motor Scooter

https://www.atv-dirtbike.com/eec/450/handsome/4-1.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
1998 Buick Century > Corvette ZO6

you may outrun me (unless you're a coward), but you'll get pulled over.  Cops think I'm just some old guy in his old man car.  Seroiusly, the last guy to beat me got pulled over.  He ran a red light, but I had ABS, and stopped in time   Hooray for safety features!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard