1020%20% - 24
Total: 119
Ryan
+1,230|6862|Alberta, Canada

Toilet Sex wrote:

Ryan wrote:

When is the voting over?
I don't think 5 was just an edit.

I think the person who made it added a few effects, but only a few to keep it simple.

Complex sigs aren't always the best.
You're right about complex sigs not necessarily being the best, and actually, complex sigs are usually the worst. But if you want something (anything size) simple then you need it spot on, because there's nothing else to look at when you go simple. That's why minimalism is so much harder than a lot of people think.

IMO, #5 went for simple but didn't pull it off. If the sig maker actually took the photo, then it would probably work. Adding a few effects to a photo sometimes looks cheesy which is also why I don't really like it. Someone opened PS and added a motion blur with a car which isn't exactly creative. I know I for one would instantly think of a motion blur when working with a car, but that's probably because 99% of people will do also.

Sorry to whoever made #5, but it's just my opinion and I hope it made sense.
It doesn't have to be all about creativity does it?
Shouldn't you just vote for the one that is the most eye-appealing to you?

Also, thanks for the votes guys!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6591

Ryan wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Ryan wrote:

When is the voting over?
I don't think 5 was just an edit.

I think the person who made it added a few effects, but only a few to keep it simple.

Complex sigs aren't always the best.
You're right about complex sigs not necessarily being the best, and actually, complex sigs are usually the worst. But if you want something (anything size) simple then you need it spot on, because there's nothing else to look at when you go simple. That's why minimalism is so much harder than a lot of people think.

IMO, #5 went for simple but didn't pull it off. If the sig maker actually took the photo, then it would probably work. Adding a few effects to a photo sometimes looks cheesy which is also why I don't really like it. Someone opened PS and added a motion blur with a car which isn't exactly creative. I know I for one would instantly think of a motion blur when working with a car, but that's probably because 99% of people will do also.

Sorry to whoever made #5, but it's just my opinion and I hope it made sense.
It doesn't have to be all about creativity does it?
Shouldn't you just vote for the one that is the most eye-appealing to you?

Also, thanks for the votes guys!
People ARE voting for the one which is most eye-appealing to them, which is why this contest doesn't do it for me. If I vote, I don't just vote for one I think looks best if it has been done 500,000,000 times before because it gets really boring and in the end it doesn't look the best to me if you get what I mean.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6467

Justice yours is really nice. How did you make the background?

I always try to brush, but I don't get like this...

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-05-29 16:11:58)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6760|OctoLand
Just a mixture of brushing techniques, lasso the bugatti, put it on, make the bugatti a bit transparent. The brushing skills will come in time, keep practicing, yours is very nice, in fact I thought it would win, deserved more votes.

Last edited by justice (2007-05-29 16:42:37)

I know fucking karate
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6505|Melbourne

justice wrote:

Just a mixture of brushing techniques, lasso the bugatti, put it on, make the bugatti a bit transparent. The brushing skills will come in time, keep practicing, yours is very nice, in fac I thought it would win, deserved more votes.
Yeah i gotta say Well done to you to.  You have really come forward in making sigs!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6761|London

lol, it was after may 29th midnight and I voted.!11
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6451
yay i got 6 votes, lease it wasn't a complete failure as i was expecting

congrats man 
OmniDeath
~
+726|6663

well, it seems i can land second place consistently
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6467

OmniDeath wrote:

well, it seems i can land second place consistently
Lol, after everyone knew that you made #10, everyone start voting 4 you...
psH
Banned
+217|6402|Sydney
Not a fan of cars, but 7 catches my eye nicely.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6552|Cardiff
hmm i just realised that the sig numbers that get mentioned in the first couple of posts always seem to get a truck load more votes.  :S

subliminal maybe lol? 

my space bar isnt working v well atm.  its doing my nut in!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard