-Leeds-Lad-
+15|6240|Leeds, WestYorkshire

sidneysmut wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Nobody ever revives me.
The last time I got revived was over a week ago.  I'm wondering if it is a bug or something.
awww, bless!
stay with a squad
swapo_de
+13|6517|Lübeck, Germany
Let chuy fire a database query like

Code:

SELECT AVG(kdr) FROM stats
And post the result. You'd have a good picture than. Perhaps a little too high as noobs (okay, I'm one myself) are less likely to check their stats on BF2s...
confused
+10|6400|British Columbia
And then there are the times when four people are credited with killing the same person.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6750|Backward Ass Kansas

JT_001 wrote:

I disagree..... probably about 0.6
The vast majority of players have a <1 k/d ratio

This guy:

(Rank) 33,523  RAW-Silmeria_X7 1.0000        16:06:53 2.34 0.85 1.00 11.92%

Has exactly 1.0000 K/D ratio and is ranked 33000 out of 97000 US players approximately.

That would put him in the top third of US player.

As far as the median goes...   A .84 K/D ratio is 152,000 out of 315,000, approximately in the middle.

So I believe even more than I did before looking up these numbers that the average is well below 1.0
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6448
its probably pi.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659

confused wrote:

And then there are the times when four people are credited with killing the same person.
eh? I have never seen that happen, in over 1000 hours of BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
l41e
+677|6655

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

wouldn't it be 1.0?  if it was the average of everone? remember, the kills have to be deaths somewhere, right?
Clear! Alright, you're good to go!

Wrong.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6235|Switzerland

SargeV1.4 wrote:

just over one, of course. without revives it would be just under one as people could die without others getting kills. however, thanks to revives, people can get kills without others getting a counted death so the overall ratio would be a little over 1
The only logical answer

everyone who says it is below 1 or more than 1.5 didn't really think about it
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6377|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

simmy.uk wrote:

More than 1 definitly. Between 1 and 1.5. Prob about 1.2 or something.
Bang on my money - 1.2 FTW
ZekersSneakers
+8|6511
Go New Zealand!
EreheMan
+10|6316

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

As far as the median goes...   A .84 K/D ratio is 152,000 out of 315,000, approximately in the middle.

So I believe even more than I did before looking up these numbers that the average is well below 1.0
You forget that the lower half account for far less kills than the upper half (the lower half are noobs, haven't played as much = less kills).

Example:
Player A has 1500 kills, 500 deaths, kdr = 3
Player B has 10 kills, 20 deaths, kdr = 0.5
Combined kdr isn't (3+.5)/2=1.75
Combined kdr is: 1510 kills, 520 deaths, kdr = 2.9

So you can't deduct anything from that listing... Someone already posted the answer anyway...

Last edited by EreheMan (2007-05-30 14:59:18)

Brasso
+1,549|6637

I was thinking "1" at first, which seems to be a ballpark figure thanks to the logic by Capt_Kefra:

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Ok, here is the logic behind why the average K/D in theory should be 1.0, but isn't.

Logic tells us: For every kill scored, there is a death on the opposing team.  Hence, the average K/D for all players should be 1.  But consider:

*You fall down a cliff, trip over your own grenade, leave the combat zone, or suicide in some other way.  You die and nobody gets credited with a kill.  This lowers the average K/D slightly.
*One of your teammates mistakes you for an enemy and does you in somehow.  You die, and again, no one gets a kill out of it (except your teammate who receives a shiny teamkill).  Again, this lowers the average K/D slightly.
*You get mowed down by enemy gunfire, blasted by a claymore, run over by a Vodnik, whatever.  The enemy gets credited with a kill.  A medic on your team runs over with shock paddles.  "Clear!" You are revived but have not died.  The enemy's kill is not taken away.  Thus, the average K/D is increased significantly.
*You die at the hands of the enemy, but before your 15-second "critically wounded" window runs out, the round ends.  The enemy gets a kill off of you, but you do not die because technically you are still critically wounded, even if a medic doesn't get to you before the round is over.  Again, this increases the average K/D a bit.

Hope that clears a few things up!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Donald O' Brien
+104|6710

officer_matt wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

just over one, of course. without revives it would be just under one as people could die without others getting kills. however, thanks to revives, people can get kills without others getting a counted death so the overall ratio would be a little over 1
The only logical answer

everyone who says it is below 1 or more than 1.5 didn't really think about it
There are some people here who did more than think about it, they actually researched it(albeit roughly), so your logical answer isn't so logical apparently.  That tends to happen a lot in the statistical world where things seem to be counter-intuitive.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
About 1.10. Revives jack it up and suicides and team kills kill it down. Without suicides and team kills it would be probably 1.20, without revives it would be 0.90.
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

Actually when I really think about it most off us are waaaaaay on the wrong track. Technically it could be possible that AVERAGE K/D ratio of all players is 0.1 or 10 (Im using drastic numbers just to make it stick).
Revives and teamkills and suicides etc are not the main issue.

The average K/D ratio of all players is not all kills/deaths but sum off all K/D RATIOS divided by number of players.

Player 1 - Kills 900 : Deaths 100  // KD ratio 9
Player 2 - Kills 100 : Deaths 900  // KD ratio 0,11111111

This equals to 1000 Kills and 1000 Deaths. If you go about it the wrong way you would say that their average K/D ratio is 1 and you would be wrong
The AVERAGE K/D ratio is the sum of their ratios divided by number of players - in our case 2
(9 + 0,111111) / 2 = 4,5555

So as you can see its not about whether there are more revives or whether there are more teamkills.

This thread puts shame on average mathematical and logical skills of BF2s community

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-30 16:17:03)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL
slightly over 1 i'd say.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6632|Quebec city, Canada

zeidmaan wrote:

Actually when I really think about it most off us are waaaaaay on the wrong track. Technically it could be possible that AVERAGE K/D ratio of all players is 0.1 or 10 (Im using drastic numbers just to make it stick).
Revives and teamkills and suicides etc are not the main issue.

The average K/D ratio of all players is not all kills/deaths but sum off all K/D RATIOS divided by number of players.

Player 1 - Kills 900 : Deaths 100  // KD ratio 9
Player 2 - Kills 100 : Deaths 900  // KD ratio 0,11111111

This equals to 1000 Kills and 1000 Deaths. If you go about it the wrong way you would say that their average K/D ratio is 1 and you would be wrong
The AVERAGE K/D ratio is the sum of their ratios divided by number of players - in our case 2
(9 + 0,111111) / 2 = 4,5555

So as you can see its not about whether there are more revives or whether there are more teamkills.

This thread puts shame on average mathematical and logical skills of BF2s community
You have a good point, but the difference between the two ways of calculating decrease because of the huge amount of kills and deaths in the world. Here, you took an extremly high kdr and an extremly low kdr. Also, you only took 2 players who didnt have lots of kills and death. You know that theorical ratios and practical ratios tend to approach as the number of values and values themselves increase.

So I dont think that the difference between the average KDR of all players and the ratio between all the kills and deaths in the world is big.

Overall, I'd say that the average kdr (whatever way it is calculated) is around 1.1 -  1.2
dill13
+67|6200

the way its worded it should be below 1 because the way the questions worded you take all kdrs add them together and divide the amount of players but the average kdr would be over 1 probably 1.2 or something like that the original poster would know what he meant by his question and that would give you the answer he is looking for

Last edited by dill13 (2007-05-30 16:50:53)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712

-Leeds-Lad- wrote:

sidneysmut wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Nobody ever revives me.
The last time I got revived was over a week ago.  I'm wondering if it is a bug or something.
awww, bless!
stay with a squad
You're telling me?!  I am known for sticking with the squad.  It's just nobody ever revives me.  I kick them out if they were really close and don't give me a reason after I repeatedly ask them why, but that is around 90% of the time now.
hollabackitsobi
+1|6254
f(x)=e^pi(i)x^4 + 9
Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C.R.E.A.M.
DooM
+28|6313
This game is a fuckin bitch for teamwork now on a pub. I don't care what anyone says theres hardly any medics running about. I usually play on a full 64 player warlord inf only server. Theres like 2 medics in the whole team sometimes none, everyone plays Sniper and support. Funny thing is though I end up on top each time from all the healing and reviving. Shit though because if you happen to die theres no medics to revive you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard