Parker
isteal
+1,452|6400|The Gem Saloon
ok, so i got my new PC a few months ago and its great, i love it etc....
my only problem is with the video card and its heat. it is a 7500le and when i get out of a game its at like 95C.
it came installed in the PC when i bought it, and im going to replace it, but not until i *need* to.
my question, which i suppose is two parts:
1. this is bad right? it shouldnt be running that hot from what i know.....but i am computer retarded.
2. can i just fabricate a fan on the side of the case where the GPU is? will that be a solution?
thanks in advance.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6648|Deep In The South Of Texas
Yeah, adding a fan to the side panel to blow cool air towards the card would help.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6421|Finland

if the fan doesn't help you get a better cooler for your graphics card
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6484| Texas

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

if the fan doesn't help you get a better cooler for your graphics card
a good idea but i can sometimes void the warranty
MECtallica
+73|6511|jalalabad
Rofl, youll have better luck with a real graphics card, screw the warranty, its a piece of crap
Parker
isteal

MECtallica wrote:

Rofl, youll have better luck with a real graphics card, screw the warranty, its a piece of crap
im not getting a new on until i am forced to....however im not really worried about the warranty.
The#1Spot
+105|6546|byah
I never knew those kinds of cards existed. Buy a 7900gs next they only cost 120-140$ and its probable 2-3 times faster than that card.

Wack models like that theres not much you can do to it
CrazeD
+368|6679|Maine
Buy a Zalman VF900. I'm not 100% sure if it supports your card but it should. It cools very well.
The Stillhouse Kid
Putting a VF-900 on a 7500 is kinda overkill, the fan costs almost as much as the card itself. Better airflow throughout the case would help for starters.
Parker
isteal
ill just find a cheap-o fan and cut and mount on the side of the case.
doesnt bother me, and like i said, i know its a POS card, just not going to upgrade until i need to.
The Stillhouse Kid
If you went with a 120mm fan, a CD or DVD is just the right size to use as a template. Just trace around it, cut the hole and then mark the holes for the mounting screws.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/blowhole.php
Parker
isteal
sweet man, thanks for the advice. +1 to you my friend.

edit: luckily i have 3 dremels and enough bits to start a small shop, so it wont be that difficult.

Last edited by Parker (2007-05-30 12:34:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard