DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America
It's done by the same people or group of people, rather, who make posters comparing the president to Hitler. They want to make it seem that our veterans are vicious, merciless, killing machines so they pick a group known for their criminal brutality, but was ironically defeated by members of this very military.  'Twas a sad day indeed.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

B.Schuss wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, swastikas on gravestones is a favourite activity of neo-nazis in Germany.
That was mostly in the 90's. These days, such actions have become very rare indeed. Also, when it happens, it nearly always happens on jewish cemeteries and gravestones. Actually, I can not think of one incident in recent history when Neo-Nazis vandalized a non-jewish cemetery.

Per se, Neo-Nazis will have some respect for soldiers who die in battle, especially when it's about those who died fighting "towel-heads". They also know very well that they will lose sympathy among their supporters if they engage in such activities, and attract the attention of authorities. Bad PR, if you will.

The article doesn't state if those were graves of WWII veterans or those of a later conflict. Or did it ?

Given the circumstances, I think it is rather unlikely that true Neo-Nazis were behind this. Some desillusionized high school kid is more like it.

a shame, still.
Oh, I agree.  I don't think they're Neo-Nazis in the sense of serious, lifelong Neo-Nazis.  More Neo-Nazi wannabes.  The point I was making was that the incident probably had more to do with their present beliefs than with whether or not they respect soldiers.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

DesertFox- wrote:

It's done by the same people or group of people, rather, who make posters comparing the president to Hitler.
I highly doubt it.  The two acts are completely different.  One is a political statement, the other an act of vandalism.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Elamdri wrote:

Omg! Children Did Something Outrageous To Piss Off Adults? This Is Extraordinary! Someone Call The Media!
For some of us it means a little more than that.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
Fox News quoted a night watchman as saying "This was definitely the work of professionals."

How the fuck is the work of professionals?  How professional do you have to be to light a tiny flag on fire and plant another one next to it in the middle of the night?

People blow shit way out of proportion. It's probably some kids trying to "anti-establishment".
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Cougar wrote:

Fox News quoted a night watchman as saying "This was definitely the work of professionals."

How the fuck is the work of professionals?  How professional do you have to be to light a tiny flag on fire and plant another one next to it in the middle of the night?

People blow shit way out of proportion. It's probably some kids trying to "anti-establishment".
Since you seem to know the truth, maybe you should start a news network.

At least Fox covers it, go to CNN.com and see if you can see it on the main page.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-05-29 10:35:44)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
B.Schuss and Bubbalo, you give too much credit to Neo-Nazi's. They're scum and they would do shit like this.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

At least Fox covers it, go to CNN.com and see if you can see it on the main page.
Maybe I will.  Maybe I'll call it the ATBUSMFF News Network.

All The Bullshit U.S. Marine Falls For News Network.  I'll just post links to all of the articles on Fox.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

All The Bullshit U.S. Marine Falls For News Network.  I'll just post links to all of the articles on Fox.
Ya...I do not watch Fox, nor have I posted a Fox link in god knows how long.  Are you just making stuff up?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya...I do not watch Fox, nor have I posted a Fox link in god knows how long.  Are you just making stuff up?
Nah, but your quick responses to defend Fox every time it is mentioned is enough to merit you are a fan or at least watcher of Fox news.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Nah, but your quick responses to defend Fox every time it is mentioned is enough to merit you are a fan or at least watcher of Fox news.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Cougar wrote:

Because there are plenty of threads to start a Fox news bitch session.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Because there are plenty of threads to start a Fox news bitch session.
Hey, you started it, not me.  I was simply quoting an article on FOX, because like you said, CNN didn't run it.  I never accused fox of anything, I said "some people", and you assumed that I meant FOX. 

So whats you quarrel Mr. Devil Dog?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Cougar wrote:

I think you would admit it is not to far of a stretch for me to assume you were bashing Fox right?
samfink
+31|6565
what bastards. my great-grandfather died in the first world war ( torpedoed troop carrier, and guess who was hit by the torpedo?) and my great-uncle was injured at the somme ( shot in the back, would you believe? early friendly fire, I guess) and if I found these bastards, well, lets say being sued as target practice on a firing range would pale in comparison to what i would do.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I think you would admit it is not to far of a stretch for me to assume you were bashing Fox right?
Not this time.  Sorry to disappoint.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Actually, to go more into detail: I was bashing the night watchmen, who I'm sure, is not affiliated with FOX in any way.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA
Deport them to a friendlier country.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America

Bubbalo wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

It's done by the same people or group of people, rather, who make posters comparing the president to Hitler.
I highly doubt it.  The two acts are completely different.  One is a political statement, the other an act of vandalism.
I'm not saying the exact same group of people. In fact, while typing my above statement, I added part about the "group of people" but should have erased the first "people or" part. Of course there is an extremely low probability that the poster carriers are these vandals but it is probably some sort of war protest.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Cougar wrote:

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Actually, to go more into detail: I was bashing the night watchmen, who I'm sure, is not affiliated with FOX in any way.
Seemed pretty obvious to me. What a dumbass. (That's the watchman, not USM05)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

ghettoperson wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Cougar wrote:

No, I was a dumbass also.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Huggles?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Huggles?
no
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Huggles?
no
>:3