PHenomenoN
+3|6222
i just bought BF2 collector's edition last night. I installed the first one, then played the single player. now i want to go online, i set up an account and went to the menu to see all of the servers. Well, everytime i connect to one, i stay in it about 5 seconds then get kicked due to " inadequate O/S priviledges. whats up?
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6499|the guy in the hind on gator
run it as admin// or search maybe
PHenomenoN
+3|6222
huh?
greenhaven
+47|6509
Thanks to the fact that WinNT's permissions system sucks donkey balls, you will have to run BF2 as an administrator, IE, a user with Admin privlidges.

Last edited by greenhaven (2007-05-28 09:27:58)

PHenomenoN
+3|6222
i wouldnt know how to if i did, lol...im running on vista business too....
Fearmesnipers
+41|6488|Wales
I thikn what they mean is that the log in account needs to be the administrator account. The main account on it. Not a new created one.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6228

PHenomenoN wrote:

i wouldnt know how to if i did, lol...im running on vista business too....
im running vista business also and  what u gotta do is

right click the bf2 icon and run as an admin
now it will work//// easy as that
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6490|Chicago, IL
inadequate O/S=you're not an admin on your PC, and only an admin account can play bf2 online
PHenomenoN
+3|6222
ok, every time i run bf2 as admin, it locks up when connecting online...more problems....awesome 
PHenomenoN
+3|6222
any advice?
PHenomenoN
+3|6222
spent 40 bucks on this and i cant figure why its locking up now...someone help please.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6371|105 RVK
windows vista is shit, its more bugged than BF2 and when u add two bugs together u get one annoying bug.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6490|Chicago, IL
I used to get that message, and playing on an admin account fixed it, but i'm using windows xp, so if it's a vista problem, I can't help you.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6271|Scotland!
For the OS privileges problem, right click and run as administrator.

For it locking up when connecting, try disabling all anti virus and firewalls.
swapo_de
+13|6553|Lübeck, Germany

greenhaven wrote:

Thanks to the fact that WinNT's permissions system sucks donkey balls, you will have to run BF2 as an administrator, IE, a user with Admin privlidges.
Wrong.
NT's permission system is great (way better than the UNIX way for example). It's the shitty software that isn't developed to run properly without admin permissions (which is quite easy if you stay within the development standards).
In this case it's probably Punkbuster's fault which needs system privileges to access everything (otherwise it'd easy to run hacks so that PB can't find them).

It'd be better if you just had to install PB once with administrative permissions (maybe as a service or sth.) so that userland software can use it but won't require administrative permissions itself.
It's just plain stupid to run userland software with administrative rights.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard