CameronPoe
+2,925|6566
It is pretty horrific to think about what must have been going through his mind, whether he thought he'd survive, etc. Scary fucking shit.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

ATG wrote:

Body Found in River That of US Soldier
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200705 … GIO83.html

Hassan al-Jibouri, 32, said he saw the body with head wounds and whip marks on its back floating on the river Wednesday morning. He and others then alerted police.

Iraqis and terrorist know what happens when they are captured by Americans; they go to jail.
Americans know what happens if they get captured by Islamic militants.
One of the first attempts to independently estimate the loss of civilian life from the Iraqi war has concluded that at least 100,000 Iraqi civilians may have died because of the U.S. invasion.

That's a lot of threads ATG... Better get to it...
ƒ³
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
I think not.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6551|Grand Rapids, MI
There are a lot of good points being made, and a lot of hurt and disgust being expressed.

A brave man died in a way that no one should; let's just all pray/wish well for his family and let this man, and every man woman and child who has died in this (maybe all) war have some peace and dignity. It's bad enough that our politicians can't think straight, we can at least try to do the right thing here.

God rest his soul.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

oug wrote:

ATG wrote:

Body Found in River That of US Soldier
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200705 … GIO83.html

Hassan al-Jibouri, 32, said he saw the body with head wounds and whip marks on its back floating on the river Wednesday morning. He and others then alerted police.

Iraqis and terrorist know what happens when they are captured by Americans; they go to jail.
Americans know what happens if they get captured by Islamic militants.
One of the first attempts to independently estimate the loss of civilian life from the Iraqi war has concluded that at least 100,000 Iraqi civilians may have died because of the U.S. invasion.

That's a lot of threads ATG... Better get to it...
How do you know whos a civilian and whos a terrorist? Hell they all look and dress the same.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

It is pretty horrific to think about what must have been going through his mind, whether he thought he'd survive, etc. Scary fucking shit.
Yes I can't imagine. His family must be going through hell also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
I guess that's Guerrilla warfare for you. Just be glad we're the ones not doing god awful things like this. I mean fair enough you use IED's and shit. The insurgents enemy (Coalition forces) are extremely good at what we do with some nifty equipment to help so a head on fight would be suicide for them, but kidnapping and torture and execution is out of line.

I'd imagine after so many of these types of incidents, coalition soldiers would rather put a bullet through their own head than take a ride with these guys. Easier said than done. Iraq must be a hellhole.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

How do you know whos a civilian and whos a terrorist? Hell they all look and dress the same.
Ok then lets kill em all and be done with. After all, they all look the same.

This thread just puts the life of one man above the lives of thousands of others simply because of his nationality. That to me, is unacceptable.
ƒ³
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

oug wrote:

This thread just puts the life of one man above the lives of thousands of others simply because of his nationality. That to me, is unacceptable.
Then go ahead and make thousands of threads about those people and leave this one.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Mekstizzle wrote:

I guess that's Guerrilla warfare for you.
THAT'S NOT guerrilla warfare!!! That's criminality and barbarity. Guerrilla warfare is a legitimate war doctrine that demands integrity and principles - these guys were just barbaric.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

oug wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ok then lets kill em all and be done with. After all, they all look the same.

You are the only one suggesting such a thing.
Begone Troll, back to the land of Gibberish from whence ye came.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6291

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How one sided have you been in the past concerning this issue?  You are so quick to condemn/bash US troops accused of crimes.  But when an instance arises in the reverse what do you post?
I post nothing.

I've adequately explained why in my previous posts also. The insurgents/radicals/fundamentalists are not my countrymen nor do they work for me. What they do does not reflect on me, you or any other resident of these United States. The conduct of our military does. If you can't understand that, then it is a wonder and a mystery to me how you manage to operate such a sophisticated device as a computer without electrocuting yourself or burning your damn house down.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You spew some twisted bullshit about war being hell and in previous posts write things to the effect of "I don't care what the enemy does"..  Too bad you didn't put that <sarcasm off> in any of your other rants.
I didn't put it in any of my other rants because I wasn't being sarcastic. The "twisted bullshit" about war being hell is a condensation of the excuses and justifications that have been directed towards nearly every single incident in which the conduct of US soldiers comes into question, excuses which only seem applicable to them and not those that the people making those excuses would like to cast as subhuman vermin fit only for extermination.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I wonder what the ratio/percentage of prisoners taken and executed is between sides.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were keeping fucking score with peoples' lives. I'm sorry I didn't realize there were rules for this nauseating moral relativism where there's some sort of magic ratio under which it is okay for our soldiers to rape, torture and murder without being as bad as "those savages".   

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Forced to choose -I'd much rather be captured by the Americans given how they treat their POW's.  I guess you'd choose the terrorists seeing how buddy buddy you are with them <sarcasm off>.
Yes, yes, I love the terrorists, oh you've got me again with that one. Obviously your keen wit has discovered the truth behind my intentions; I'm not trying to demand some sort of accountability of our soldiers, I'm not trying to get people to realize that savagery is savagery no matter who engages in it, I'm not trying to get people to realize that excusing such behavior from our soldiers is likely going to result in more incidents like this. Oh no, I just love the terrorists and hate America and everything good and decent in the world. Bravo, Mr. Holmes, you've found me out again.

That, by the way, is sarcasm. You obviously need some work in that area since all you can manage towards it is some lameass repackaged one-liner.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York
Nothing compared to what the Vietcong did.

You call this inhuman? Imagine walking in the jungles trying to watch out for spiderholes with vietcong waiting to chop off your legs, when you come upon your comrade hanging by his feet upside down skinned down the bone and gutted.

Yeah. War is hell.

These guys aren't any more inhumane than the Japanese in WWII, the Vietcong, or most other adversaries of the USA.

Doesn't make 'em deserve any less of a horrible death themselves though.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6767|United States of America
Then nukes shouldn't be a problem.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
Horrible barbaric way to die, but for all the people here responding with comments advocating that US troops should reciprocate this kind of ferocity on the battlefield or respond by nuking the entire Middle East do you not realise the world will just look on the US troops in the same way as we look on the barbarians who commit these atrocities in the first place?

Are you trying to be the 'good guys' or not? If not then stop pretending to the world that this war in Iraq is about liberty and democracy.

And for anyone who tries to suggest otherwise ...I completely condemn this kind of horrible brutality no matter who it is commited by. In the same way that I condemn the human rights violations in US 'rendition' (read as torture) camps, as Cam says two wrongs do not make a right.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
I think torture should be implemented by the US. It may be already, but Gitmo is not what I would consider torture. Do whatever we need to. God people, this is war. To win, things are sometimes necessary.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Miller wrote:

I think torture should be implemented by the US. It may be already, but Gitmo is not what I would consider torture. Do whatever we need to. God people, this is war. To win, things are sometimes necessary.
Miller have you ever seen waterboarding done?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

Miller wrote:

Oh noez, LOUD ROCK MUZICZ!!1!!1!!11!

Please, If that's torture, I go through torture every day on iTunes after school.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

Call me a hypocrite all you want when I say no. Torture is shit, I know. It's not fun for anyone. The one being tortured or the one commencing the torture. My point is, this is war. Things need to be done.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire

Miller wrote:

So basically you are saying US troops should act like barbaric terrorists and do the kind of things terrorists do...

Bush could use the catchphrase 'fighting terror with terror' maybe?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

Call me a hypocrite all you want when I say no. Torture is shit, I know. It's not fun for anyone. The one being tortured or the one commencing the torture. My point is, this is war. Things need to be done.
I hear what you are saying. I was just reiterating that waterboarding is torture and the CIA has been doing that for a long time.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess.

"This is the problem with using the waterboard. They get so desperate that they begin telling you what they think you want to hear," one source said.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651
They take dead bodies and torture them to make it look like they were tortured.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I hear what you are saying. I was just reiterating that waterboarding is torture and the CIA has been doing that for a long time.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess
Please explain waterboarding to me. To be honest I haven't heard of it yet.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess
Please explain waterboarding to me. To be honest I haven't heard of it yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

You really have to see it to understand it though

It's pretty much a mock execution which is illegal under the GC.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
Waterboarding ...it seems so simple yet so effective!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard