Ryan86th
+14|6514|Ohio

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm happy to respect those who lost their life for my freedom.  That group doesn't include members of the current US military.
wtf is that supposed ot mean?

if you don't care about the United States military, then don't bother posting about it
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum

mestaoptik wrote:

I know that people who decide to join the armed forces deserve a certain amount of respect for the fact they voluntered. Having enlisted for the British Army back in 1987, finally joining in 1989 at the age of 16, I was one of those people. I missed the 1st GulfWar by only 6 months. Since then I've learnt a bit about this world and the way it works - it's all about money, namely the dollar and population control by a few wealth greedy, control freaks at the top at our expense.

The dollar is suffering due to the administration running the show, Bush has killed it. Because Iran wants to sell it's oil for Euro's or Yen, America doesn't like it because of the impact of selling oil for anything other than the dollar has. If people, like Iran, don't play ball with the Americans, down rains the shock & awe. Saddam Hussain (ex C.1.A BTW) for example, was somebody who didn't want to play the economic ball with America, hence his removal by the American administration, eventually. The reason it took so long was because he had been trained by the same guys wanting to take him out. In comes a hand picked, by America, government which will play the puppet for the master, under the illusion of a democratic process, just the same as the illusive democratic process that got Bush in to administration back in 2000. The place is in chaos so the old 'divide and conquer' routine comes out the bag between the Sunni's and the Shiite's.

American and British soldiers getting killed by the dozen on a daily basis for what reason again?

I seem to remember the WMD false flag flying a few years ago - no WMD's found to this day. No connection to 9/11. No connection to Bin-Laden (ex C.1.A & good friend of the Bush clan). So please remind me of why we're there. Why are our people and theirs dying on a daily basis? Is it not time the armed forces turned around and told the administration where to go unless they can justify this madness? Ask anyone you meet - Do you like war? I'm sure 99.9% of replies would be - NO.

Now (under the influence of Israel) we seem to be entering a war with Iran, under the guise of 'well they could have a nuke within 8 years'. Nah, wrong - it should read 'well they don't want to sell oil for $ $ $ $'. WTF is going off with people these days??? I tell you what I think the best thing to do is - blow the whole f**king world up, then it's settled. Lets see it completely destroyed because a few elite idiots at the top with their huge wealth want to control the majority, what are they gonna do with all their wealth then? And when people see the full destruction of the planet we may think again next time. Maybe when people awake from their inward looking, soap opera story lifestyles, they might realise that something has to change from this perpetual war mongering existence/excuse for what we call modern life.

So my message to the people of the Armed Forces in Iraq is this, please don't say your fighting for us hippies (a title you give to non fighting, peace loving people who realise that war sucks) so we can smoke our weed, don't have a go at us because you voluntered to join an orginisation based on death and now you find rounds landing left, right and centre everyday of your voluntary lives. Do us a favour, try and stop the war machine thats hopping round the Middle East, next stop Iran, N.Korea or China, ending up with an all out nuke throwing contest, by asking your government for justifiable answers to why you are there in the first place. I've got a kid who I would like to be able to live in a more stable world, despite all the shit we have to put with to get through life on a daily basis, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks the same as me.

P E A C E (Please!?)
Actually, quite a good post. I would like to add, that whoever and wherver, if they fight in our armys, they deserve our support. I dont care if they shouldnt be there, and it's just for oil, but end of the day, they ARE there, and as such, deserve our thoughts and support
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm happy to respect those who lost their life for my freedom.  That group doesn't include members of the current US military.
That's a bit harsh is it not? Are you saying that you don't respect US soldiers in any way or form?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

fatherted13 wrote:

mestaoptik wrote:

I know that people who decide to join the armed forces deserve a certain amount of respect for the fact they voluntered. Having enlisted for the British Army back in 1987, finally joining in 1989 at the age of 16, I was one of those people. I missed the 1st GulfWar by only 6 months. Since then I've learnt a bit about this world and the way it works - it's all about money, namely the dollar and population control by a few wealth greedy, control freaks at the top at our expense.

The dollar is suffering due to the administration running the show, Bush has killed it. Because Iran wants to sell it's oil for Euro's or Yen, America doesn't like it because of the impact of selling oil for anything other than the dollar has. If people, like Iran, don't play ball with the Americans, down rains the shock & awe. Saddam Hussain (ex C.1.A BTW) for example, was somebody who didn't want to play the economic ball with America, hence his removal by the American administration, eventually. The reason it took so long was because he had been trained by the same guys wanting to take him out. In comes a hand picked, by America, government which will play the puppet for the master, under the illusion of a democratic process, just the same as the illusive democratic process that got Bush in to administration back in 2000. The place is in chaos so the old 'divide and conquer' routine comes out the bag between the Sunni's and the Shiite's.

American and British soldiers getting killed by the dozen on a daily basis for what reason again?

I seem to remember the WMD false flag flying a few years ago - no WMD's found to this day. No connection to 9/11. No connection to Bin-Laden (ex C.1.A & good friend of the Bush clan). So please remind me of why we're there. Why are our people and theirs dying on a daily basis? Is it not time the armed forces turned around and told the administration where to go unless they can justify this madness? Ask anyone you meet - Do you like war? I'm sure 99.9% of replies would be - NO.

Now (under the influence of Israel) we seem to be entering a war with Iran, under the guise of 'well they could have a nuke within 8 years'. Nah, wrong - it should read 'well they don't want to sell oil for $ $ $ $'. WTF is going off with people these days??? I tell you what I think the best thing to do is - blow the whole f**king world up, then it's settled. Lets see it completely destroyed because a few elite idiots at the top with their huge wealth want to control the majority, what are they gonna do with all their wealth then? And when people see the full destruction of the planet we may think again next time. Maybe when people awake from their inward looking, soap opera story lifestyles, they might realise that something has to change from this perpetual war mongering existence/excuse for what we call modern life.

So my message to the people of the Armed Forces in Iraq is this, please don't say your fighting for us hippies (a title you give to non fighting, peace loving people who realise that war sucks) so we can smoke our weed, don't have a go at us because you voluntered to join an orginisation based on death and now you find rounds landing left, right and centre everyday of your voluntary lives. Do us a favour, try and stop the war machine thats hopping round the Middle East, next stop Iran, N.Korea or China, ending up with an all out nuke throwing contest, by asking your government for justifiable answers to why you are there in the first place. I've got a kid who I would like to be able to live in a more stable world, despite all the shit we have to put with to get through life on a daily basis, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks the same as me.

P E A C E (Please!?)
Actually, quite a good post. I would like to add, that whoever and wherver, if they fight in our armys, they deserve our support. I dont care if they shouldnt be there, and it's just for oil, but end of the day, they ARE there, and as such, deserve our thoughts and support
Amen
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Ryan86th wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

if you don't care about the United States military, then don't bother posting about it
Don't bother dude.  It is like trying to piss up a rope.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under
i like these four videos:

Last edited by theit57 (2007-05-23 16:28:53)

l41e
+677|6661

I agree.

However, there is a difference between those who defend freedom, and those who wrap themselves in the flag and think they're helping in some way or another by knocking down all who disagree with their God-given righteous opinions.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

theit57 wrote:

i like these four videos:
Add another.

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

k30dxedle wrote:

I agree.

However, there is a difference between those who defend freedom, and those who wrap themselves in the flag and think they're helping in some way or another by knocking down all who disagree with their God-given righteous opinions.
i agree, but its those people that wrap themselves around the flag and claim that they are doing something, and then turn around and spit on our troops, they are the ones that really piss me off becuase here are the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces who are willing to die for those people to be able to spit on them, and then not even raise a hand against them, its amazing.

Granted people may say that we have no business being in iraq right now, but we are there and there is not much we can do about it, so all we can do is support our voluenteers, not draftees.
Ryan
+1,230|6856|Alberta, Canada

I agree, but it isn't a volunteer organization. It is a job (career if you like) and the soldiers do get paid.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6643|Washington, DC

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

mcgid1 wrote:

/Agree

And to those who are making a huge stink about the freedom of speech and saying what ever you want to:  No one's telling you what to say and do, all we are asking is that you at least respect those who fought and lost their lives to let you keep that right.
I do respect those who fought and lost their lives to let me keep that right.

Only two problems are, there haven't been any of those in the military since WWII. The rest had their lives squandered by our government playing its sick little chess game against an equally sick opponent or to protect the bottom line of American corporations or to undermine any nation that either didn't want to play ball with the US or stopped playing ball with the US. Vietnam wasn't about my freedom. Bosnia wasn't about my freedom. Iraq hasn't been about my freedom. And this isn't about me saying whatever I want to. It's about telling my government, which is supposed to work for me and not the other way around, that they're selling the lives of my countrymen and the lives of those in other countries cheaply and I'm fucking sick of it. Apparently in this fucking bizarro world I appear to be stuck in, that means I hate our soldiers and America and freedom and I love terrorists or some organic-brain-damage drivel like that.
QFT. I respect those who died fighting for our freedom. I respect those who died fighting someone else's game. Death is always sad (save for a few exceptions). Those who died in WWII died in a fight to keep a crazy dictator from killing everyone who didn't like him. Those who have died in Iraq died because of Bush's silly plans.

I support my country, I support my soldiers; I don't support this war or my government.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

Hurricane wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

mcgid1 wrote:

/Agree

And to those who are making a huge stink about the freedom of speech and saying what ever you want to:  No one's telling you what to say and do, all we are asking is that you at least respect those who fought and lost their lives to let you keep that right.
I do respect those who fought and lost their lives to let me keep that right.

Only two problems are, there haven't been any of those in the military since WWII. The rest had their lives squandered by our government playing its sick little chess game against an equally sick opponent or to protect the bottom line of American corporations or to undermine any nation that either didn't want to play ball with the US or stopped playing ball with the US. Vietnam wasn't about my freedom. Bosnia wasn't about my freedom. Iraq hasn't been about my freedom. And this isn't about me saying whatever I want to. It's about telling my government, which is supposed to work for me and not the other way around, that they're selling the lives of my countrymen and the lives of those in other countries cheaply and I'm fucking sick of it. Apparently in this fucking bizarro world I appear to be stuck in, that means I hate our soldiers and America and freedom and I love terrorists or some organic-brain-damage drivel like that.
QFT. I respect those who died fighting for our freedom. I respect those who died fighting someone else's game. Death is always sad (save for a few exceptions). Those who died in WWII died in a fight to keep a crazy dictator from killing everyone who didn't like him. Those who have died in Iraq died because of Bush's silly plans.

I support my country, I support my soldiers; I don't support this war or my government.
you have that right, and so does every american, but my thoughts are that everyone should support our troops becuase they are volunteers. I am also thankful for their sacrifices so that i can stand in this wonderful nation and walk the streets of my town with my held high, for i can feel secure (and a little bit guilty) knowing that a long time ago people suffered badly so that i might be able to be free.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Ryan wrote:

I agree, but it isn't a volunteer organization. It is a job (career if you like) and the soldiers do get paid.
Without volunteers you would have conscription.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Without volunteers you would have conscription.
thank you
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6705|Calgary

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ryan86th wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Don't bother dude.  It is like trying to piss up a rope.
There is something else I'd like to do with that rope !!!!!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6705|Calgary
You have to watch "Band of Brothers".. Episode 9: Why we Fight.

Best show ever, opens up your eyes to what it's like to have Armed Forces to save people in dire straits
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

Superslim wrote:

Best show ever, opens up your eyes to what it's like to have Armed Forces to save people in dire straits
i love that series
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6705|Calgary
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under

Superslim wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CgYXsgIweE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FwOP37E … mp;search=

I like these
they are pretty good
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6411|6 feet under
Guys I need an idea about how to say thank you to all of the troops past, present, and future for all they did/are doing/will do. please if there are any ideas or people who want to help please pm me and i will seriously take into consideration all ideas given to me. thanks in advance.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS
While I respect the troops, I respect them not because they're somehow "fighting for our freedom", it's because they have to cope with hell on earth.

Don't pull the 'THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM' shit on me. I haven't got an inch more freedom because of the war in Iraq, and nor have you.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6574

M.O.A.B wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

That's a bit harsh is it not? Are you saying that you don't respect US soldiers in any way or form?
No, I'm saying I don't afford current soldiers the same level of respect as some of those who fought in WW2.

Superslim wrote:

I have.  You are aware that it's set in WW2?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-05-24 02:14:12)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6823|NÃ¥rvei

theit57 wrote:

I have never been into combat. But look at it this way people. If you have never been into combat don't dis the people that have been there becuase the US Military is a strictly voluenteer organization and all the people have the courage to stand up for what they believe in. It also means that they have the courage to stand up for the people that cannot defend themselves. So, if you don't have anything nice to say about the brave, honerable, couragous people in Iraq fighting for other peoples rights, then shove off.
Think you misunderstand the hole deal my young man, nobody dis the soldiers for doing their duty.

The argue is often why they are sent on such missions loosing their lives in a conflict that wasn`t theirs, how the government tricks people into joining the armed forces, how the government mistreats their veterans.

It`s never about the individual soldier like you state in your OP.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6351|EsSeX

theit57 wrote:

Guys I need an idea about how to say thank you to all of the troops past, present, and future for all they did/are doing/will do. please if there are any ideas or people who want to help please pm me and i will seriously take into consideration all ideas given to me. thanks in advance.
http://www.avdlm.com/

http://www.helpingheal.org/

http://www.oidelivers.org/

http://www.iraqwarveterans.org/

Varegg wrote:

Think you misunderstand the hole deal my young man, nobody dis the soldiers for doing their duty.

The argue is often why they are sent on such missions loosing their lives in a conflict that wasn`t theirs, how the government tricks people into joining the armed forces, how the government mistreats their veterans.

It`s never about the individual soldier like you state in your OP.
QFT

Last edited by elstonieo (2007-05-24 02:24:01)

cMD-RR
+17|6300
flowa powa

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard