HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Hello.

Each time i try to run BF2 in window-mode (fullscreen 0), the ground gets all messed up.
It seems to be okay in the menu, bet once I join a server, and get in, this is what i see.
Anyone know whats wrong? This usually happens to me when I am Alt + Tabbing, so i get out in Windows, and than back in the game.

EDIT: I got XFX GeForce 7800GT 256MB, and yes, i have the latest drivers, and I am running BF2 as admin.

Thanks for help, and sorry if it is bad english

Last edited by HaxyQ (2007-05-22 08:04:05)

Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6556|Las Vegas
Graphics card ram check out?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6584|Area 51
Shouldn't that command line say ''Fullscreen 1'' ?
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Yes, that line should say fullscreen 1, but as i said, I want to run BF2 in window-mode, so i have to change it ti fullscreen 0. Snipingruven, what do you mean?
RDMC
+736|6584|Area 51

HaxyQ wrote:

Yes, that line should say fullscreen 1, but as i said, I want to run BF2 in window-mode, so i have to change it ti fullscreen 0. Snipingruven, what do you mean?
Maybe try changing it back to normal mode. And checking out ram is basically testing if your video card does not have BAD RAM. Dunno how you could test it on a video card..
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6355

RDMC(2) wrote:

HaxyQ wrote:

Maybe try changing it back to normal mode. And checking out ram is basically testing if your video card does not have BAD RAM. Dunno how you could test it on a video card..
Thing is I think he wants to play in windows mode, so he can see other windows he has running..

Maybe your computer just can't handle it. What are your comp's specs? I'm not an expert but I'm sure someone will know whether your computer should be able to run it. It just looks like your graphics card can't handle it, and has stopped trying to render the ground. It's similar to what happens to me when I try to run on higher settings than my computer can handle... i.e anything higher than low on all
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Processor:     
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz

Memory:    
2 X 1024 Corsair Twin2X 6400C4 CL4 DDR2

Hard Drive:    
Seagate Barracuda 250 GB 7200RPM 16 MB

Video Card:    
XFX GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB

Monitor:    
Samsung SyncMaster 730BF 17"

Sound Card:    
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro.

Operating System:    
Windows Vista Ultimate

Well, I normally run BF2 at the highes graphic, so it would be weird if the card is to bad. Know alot of guys that runs BF2 in window-mode with way worse cards.

Last edited by HaxyQ (2007-05-23 06:13:07)

robthemadman
+63|6355

HaxyQ wrote:

Processor:     
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz

Memory:    
2 X 1024 Corsair Twin2X 6400C4 CL4 DDR2

Hard Drive:    
Seagate Barracuda 250 GB 7200RPM 16 MB

Video Card:    
XFX GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB

Monitor:    
Samsung SyncMaster 730BF 17"

Sound Card:    
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro.

Operating System:    
Windows Vista Ultimate

Well, I normally run BF2 at the highes graphic, so it would be weird if the card is to bad. Know alot of guys that runs BF2 in window-mode with way worse cards.
Hmm... specs do seem pretty good. Have you tried ending task on processes you don't need on the Task Manager?
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Nope, I`ll try.
I have also set all the graphic to medium, but for no use, same crappy ground.
RDMC
+736|6584|Area 51
have you been having this problem ever since you had this Graphics Card or Ram?
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
I have only tried to run BF2 in window-mode with these specs.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6334|Newcastle UK
try normal then and come back.
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Normal what? Normal fullscreen? That works just fine.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6589|United States
No idea. The only graphical problem I ever get is on Sharqi near the city entrance... sometimes when I stand near the spawn on top of the building and turn, part of the background turns black for a moment. But only that map, and only in that spot.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6777|Denmark
if you want to see other BF2 graphic bugs click on my sig
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Man, this sucks. I have asked in three different forums now, bet none of them could help
robthemadman
+63|6355

HaxyQ wrote:

Man, this sucks. I have asked in three different forums now, bet none of them could help
Have you tried other maps? Can you not see the floor on any of them?
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Well, all the floor looks good, it is outside at the ground this happens. And yes, I have tried different maps.
EvilPropaganda
+1|6204|Chicago Burbs
The Problem is Dice never coded BF2 for window mode or alt-tab. I know Dice says that they don't support alt-tab and I assume it's the same for window mode.

If you really want it I would update your graphic's drivers and install BF2 again. If that doesn't work and you really really want it I would reinstall windows and update all your drivers and bios. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Ryan
+1,230|6862|Alberta, Canada

HaxyQ wrote:

Heh, I remember when I had to do that. It sucked so hard.
Brasso
+1,549|6649

Did you overclock the card at all?  Could be:

a) A driver problem (but you uninstalled drivers, then reinstalled them in Safe Mode, RIGHT?A)
b) An overheating problem.

Oh, another thought: It could be a Vista driver problem, unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it for now.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-05-23 16:50:42)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6332|Netherlands
Glitch look pretty cool btw.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard