Poll

Will there be a Terrorist Attack on US soil before the next election ?

Yes17%17% - 8
Yes, but just to scare people into Voting Republican.15%15% - 7
No66%66% - 30
Total: 45
buttersIRL
+17|6603
I just have a suspicious mind !
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
no, but best believe that there will be tons of "foiled attempts".  this thread just put a flag up for  homeland security.

project echelon, have a nice day.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-23 08:29:47)

jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

I feel horrific attack is inevitable, but probably will not cleverly timed.
(and by horriffic I mean nuclear, and by nuclear I mean suitcases/portable, and by suitcases I mean many in many different cities).

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-23 07:37:24)

bigdroo
+7|6433|Yooahss-ayy!
Probably not. It's easier and cheaper for al Queda to attack Americans in Iraq. Once we leave, then the answer is yes.
buttersIRL
+17|6603
Obviously I hope there isn't,  but I can imagine some big event happening that becomes the main issue of the election (apart from then timetable for withdrawing from Iraq, which is just a ridiculously bad idea)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561
If it does then it will show what a shambles the whole 'war of terror' actually is...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-23 08:14:03)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

no, but best believe that theyre will be tons of "foiled attempts".  this thread just put a flag up for  homeland security.

QFT
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6556|CH/BR - in UK

I don't think so. I think there will either be one afterwards, or about 1-2 years into it.

-konfusion
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Politicos have long suggested that we would enter Iran the last few months of Bushes presidency.
Whomever gets elected will be dealing with a mutliple front war.
Enjoy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Is this thread suggesting that if Americans are threatened they feel that Republicans are the only ones who can protect them?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fen321
+54|6504|Singularity
I sure hope not -- if our present situation is any sort of gauge on "protection" i highly doubt Republicans have done much of anything to stem terrorism.

Terrorist attack are happening every single day around the world to think that it won't happen again in the states is about the most delusional thing we could think of next to "brining the fight to them" in Iraq. The main question we should be asking here is not if a terrorist attack is going to occur, but what our response to such a terrorist attack would be. Seeing as we don't give a  shit about 9/11 perpetrators we might go after Iran due to how easily the public is manipulate with the words terrorist and Islam oh and Iran. Fun stuff eh?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

Kmarion wrote:

Is this thread suggesting that if Americans are threatened they feel that Republicans are the only ones who can protect them?
Yeah the Republican Party haven't been able to reduce the 'Homeland Security Live Threat Condition Terror Alert' during their tenure...

https://www.nationalterroralert.com/advisory7.gif

Pathetic. ***buries face in hands***
Tromboner999
Professional Nubcake
+58|6649|Here to Eternity
A terrorist incident is a possibility. If there is, it will be like Tehran all over again. "October Surprise" anyone?

-- edit: i misspleled 'suprise' lolz

Last edited by Tromboner999 (2007-05-23 10:35:23)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Yeah the Republican Party haven't been able to reduce the 'Homeland Security Live Threat Condition Terror Alert' during their tenure...

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/advisory7.gif

Pathetic. ***buries face in hands***
That is true, however the implications in this thread are still that Americans will only see Republicans as "tough" on national defense.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bigdroo
+7|6433|Yooahss-ayy!

Kmarion wrote:

That is true, however the implications in this thread are still that Americans will only see Republicans as "tough" on national defense.
I'm not trying to pump up Republicans here, but it does take a good 30 years to erase the stain of Jimmy Carter.

I personally think that if people believe that Hillary would be a kinder, gentler president, then they're dreaming. I don't think you want to see her dark side. lol
BVC
+325|6701
Only if they thought it would influence said elections in their favour.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

no, but best believe that there will be tons of "foiled attempts".  this thread just put a flag up for  homeland security.

BOMB TERRORIST ANTHRAX JIHAD PRESIDENT WHITEHOUSE  Hi guys, just seeing if you're doing your job!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

/win
bonedoc69
+36|6417|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
I agree with the Idea that foiled attempts with not much information about them is what will happen. It's just like the terror threat levels, they are designed to scare the public and nothing more! "The terror threat level is red after we acquired information about a eminent attack on American soil. The threat is real, however we will not be telling the public where, when or what kind of attack we have information on. We ask every American to be on alert anyway. The American people are in danger, be scared." This is about what we are given. We are told that we can see the success of this administration by the lack of attacks. Though we are given no information about attacks they have stopped.  hmmmm...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard