DeadJim
+19|6756|Valencia, California
....Anyone else encountering this? After about an hour and a half, my FPS drop to the floor - eventualy, I lose connection... very very odd..

...willing to be its my ATI x7000 - but I figured I would shout out and see if anyone else is experiencing this issue..

Your friend, and mine...

DeadJim
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

sorry jim, but this subforum is for issues with bf2s.com - the site - only. I will move your thread to the tech section in Community.
emperorphoenix
+5|6783|Westeren Australia
it is the card cause ati suck go with nvidia
psychotoxic187
+11|6718

emperorphoenix wrote:

it is the card cause ati suck go with nvidia
Stop being so ignorant. I really wish people would stop being such fan boys. You can't go wrong with either brand, as each have their own strengths.

Topic creator, do you have any apps running in the background? Also, how much memory do you have? What are you temps on your graphics card?

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2006-01-23 04:39:17)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
This actually sounds very similar to the issues BF2 had at the very beginning and some other games have. It was a memory leak in the game that eventually drained all the memory you had in RAM and then studdered out the game and froze or crashed it. Currently, as long as you have all the patches done, there isn't a memory leak of large magnitude in BF2. So I would look at some other reasons.

Do you have any other applications running that could simulate a memory leak?
Have you done a virus/Adware/Spyware scan lately?
Have you defragged your HD to see if that helps?
Are you overclocking ANY at all CPU/Video Card or tweaked with settings on your mainboard?
Do you play BF2 at the same time each day and experience the problem at about the same time frame?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745
i think its the new 6.1 ati driver i have had probs like this also.
DeadJim

B.Schuss wrote:

sorry jim, but this subforum is for issues with bf2s.com - the site - only. I will move your thread to the tech section in Community.
Thanks, really appreciate the move.....

Could you move this one too: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=11013.  Maybe I'll get more eyes on it.

TIA
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6759|The 70's
Could be an overheating problem, that would get worse the longer you played and cause peformance to drop. Check your temps.
DeadJim
After reading these posts - I'm leaning towards heat as well.  To be honest, I never really paid too much attention to my system cooling (I'm a software architect - I deal with data bases and business logic - not 3D video).  Since my FPS does drop dramatically, I'm now wondering if my whole system is overheating - not just the video card.

Gonna drop in some cooling solutions, I'll post results here in case someone else runs into similar issues.

Thanks for the feedback, truly truly appreciated (even the backhanded comment from EmperorPhoenix - in which I would like to state, I don't own their equipment.....but I own their stock)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard