Auri2L
+0|6705|Lithuania
I tryed a lot of times to get knife badge, but i didn't get it yet:( Maybe You can help me to get it: Say strategy with knife Or server Or map where i could easily get Basic Knife Badge Or maybe something else? Plzzzzz help
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6800|Arizona
How I got Basic, Vet, and Expert...was all on the same map (not same round however).  Sharqi Pen is my fav.  Urban map...64 player server...300 ticket game.  You could either go for the full server and just charge and stab ppl, or my approach is...join a 64 player server that only has like10-20 ppl in it tops.  The round will last longer, and you will be able to track the enemy better.  Watch the UAV...it's your best friend.  Know the good sniper spots.
I know that ain't much info...but it's somethin, good luck man
Auri2L
+0|6705|Lithuania
Thanks, I will try

And maybe someone else has recomendation?
the_ubernoob_
+8|6777
I earned my knife badge on a vehicle map somehow...(dont know how that worked)

Ive heard gulf of oman is good for knives.  You know how all of the bases on the beaches have those barrel things you can hide behind?  This is where you would hunt for your victims.  Consider playing as medic because most people would rather shoot you than take part in the honor of a knife fight; If you win then you would still be injured seriously by the coward.  Use the med packs to heal you.

also on any map where you have been harrased by snipers...keep in mind that most only pay attention to whats 1-2 degrees directly in front of them

Also fight the urge to blast opponents in the back..they havent noticed you yet so knife them in the back (so much more honor to knife someone in the back than to shoot them in the back)

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2006-01-22 08:05:52)

boomshagalaga
+1|6712
#1. Unless you feel like Superman, don't charge directly at someone with any sort of weapon. Always attack from the back, you need the element of suprise. Sometimes this can be over-run though in a few exceptional cases, if there is a huge pack of people in one location, and if you knife them quick enough, you can kill them all without knowing what hit them. But you should never take chances.

#2. Imagine that the knife is a sniper rifle. It is very precise, so it doesn't have much area damage or reach. Always do it quick and close, it may take a bit of practice, but practice comes easy.

#3. What to do in a knife vs. knife fight? It depends. If they are bunny-hoppers, then be careful, always try to evade and stay faster than him. If he is a noob knifer, do the quick "I'm running at you to make you think that I'm about to kill you from the front but I'm really gonna shift to your side and stab you up the @$$" trick.

#4. Look for snipers and support guys. They are the easiest "meat" or so I say. Many of them camp, so they usually are focused ahead of them. *Slice*

#5. Make sure you save your energy. You may be caught in a "dead-zone" with your energy at low levels, which is ALWAYS bad.

#6. I recommend being medic whenever you do this. It has high stamina, which I can't stress enough. Always save your stamina as much as possible, you never know when you are going to need it. Also, you can heal yourself. This is quite obvious, but it can be extremely useful. Not only can you heal yourself after you knifed somebody CQC style, but you can heal yourself while fighting someone. Your knife is a one hit kill weapon, no matter what health they are at. So whenever I see someone a long ways away, I charge, and they will often see me and start shooting right? So they hit me a few times, but I almost always get in close before they kill me. Once you get in close, don't focus on knifing them yet, just stay as close as possible and start spamming medic bags for yourself. It will heal you, and you don't care whether he's at full health or not. I credit at least 5 kills of my expert toward this tactic.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6749
if u are a sneaky bastard, play SF on devils perch on MEC, thats how i got mine
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
007hutchy
+2|6821
I like yourself didnt have a clue how to get the knife badge. So i had ago on Karkland as MEC. Basically its dead easy. All you do is run up the right side of the map. Cut across twhere the artillary is and creep up behind the building where the yanks are spawning and just knife them from behind when they are laid down shooting into the distance. The people using the mounted machine guns are particularly easy prey. It is actually that simple. I couldnt kill anyone until i shortcutted the knife key to my forward mouse button. Since then ive racked up about twenty knife kills in a few rounds of playing cos i simply run about with my gun then, when required comes out the knife:D
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6731
i suppose you could base rape. this is just a theory, but stand behind where a person spawns and time the knife right maybe?
comic_chimere
+-1|6724|England, UK
I was on a map today and they were knife fighitng in a certain area. It was a 24hr Warlord map.

Try that if all else fails
deagle_23
+0|6736
There is actually a great guide in this forum, dont know were though. I think it is under the complain section, "expert knife combat badge is impossible" or something like that.

Anyway, my recommendation is Karkand with 64 players, try to flank your enemy while he his focused on something else.  Most players seem to suffer from tunnel vision...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6815|The Hague, Holland
This thread just whants me to say...
IVE GOT EXPERT KNIFE AND YOU DONT !!!!

Ah yes, Expert Knife is not a luxerie.

Its a privilege!
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6718|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
knifers are a snipers worst enemy go on a karkand server (64 best) do the out flanking move to the arty and by the arty there is a mouted machine gun go there and i and aboiut 5 outher snipers just sit there but be carfull their are guys  that are at the top of the moutain and will pick you off. other wise shoudl be easy.  ( i haven't got it yet, but havent gone for it either) good luck
s()mt!ngWong
+1|6726

Auri2L wrote:

I tryed a lot of times to get knife badge, but i didn't get it yet:( Maybe You can help me to get it: Say strategy with knife Or server Or map where i could easily get Basic Knife Badge Or maybe something else? Plzzzzz help
I got my expert knife badge mainly using the flash bang grenade's, knowing were the sniper/tow/mg hideouts are, camping spawn areas, watching uav's, staying close to enemy broken assets, sneaking up on enemy while taking flag, and believe it or not i would drop a supply crate close in enemy base and sneak up on enemy while they are replenishing there life. An enemy that spots you and is holding a gun is hard to kill, so i would recommend bunnyhop/dolphin dive to dodge the bullets(remember it'll piss of your enemy but youll do anything besides stat padding and hack to get the badge). I read recently on the forums that they wer a knife-only server out so my best bet is if your not all into dolphin dive/bunny hop theory i would search that server out and get the  badge from there. If was you i would try and speed up the basic/vet/expert badge for explosive and knife because imho wen the next patch comes out, those 2 badges will be amost virtually impossible to get. Remember thats just my opinion .
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6807|Noizyland

Here's my tip, take it or leave it.
Don't run around with your knife out all the time. This assures you use your knife for every kill you get, but ensures you won't get that many kills too.
Instead, use your primary weapon, but be realy to whip out your knife when you see an oblivious enemy, or if an enemy has simply bypassed you without realising you're there. Run after him and stab him. You'll be surprised at how many opportunities you will have. Keeping out your primary weapon will ensure you don't die, and have to wait fifteen seconds to respawn. You don't get any kills when you die, and you will die a shit-load more if you have your knife out the whole time.

That said, everyone finds their own way. This is what worked for me, although I didn't really think about it at the time. One day you'll just find yourself in a groove, and you'll ride it to get your knife badge.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6783|Derby, England
Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.

Good luck.
EcLiPsE#14
+0|6855
big tip...be USMC on karkand...as u run down to the first MEC spawn point through the fence...to the left where the destroyed car is...there probly would be heaps of medics toobers and spec ops just waiting for ppl to go through the corridor...i didn't mean run through it but just stated to let u kno where i was talking about...but neway the other way where the tanks go is probly ur best bet on sneaking up on these guys...u usually get a pack of medics reviving each other there which is prime for knifing...knife one...other idiot medic heals...knife him...another medic heals...knife knife knife knife knife...lol...rinse, lather and repeat lol
tho u may die a bit...it takes some time!!...
morbesso666
+0|6797|Givataim, Israel
Make a search, there are alot of results.
I'll post my answer:
Bullshit.
Wake is the best map to do it.
This map is so simple, you see a guy in the UAV and you can just flank him.
Without messing up with buildings, with stairs, with high walls.
Just go Wake be a squad leader or commander and make UAV's whever you are.
p.s.: go to 64 players server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard