Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6711|Wherever the F**k i feel like
FACTS
We are at war therfore we need to spend money on the war.
Here are the real U.S. Statistics
U.S.
Unemployment rate-5.1%
Inflation rate (consumer prices)-3.2%
Budget-revenues: $2.119 trillion
           expenditures: $2.466 trillion
Debt - external-$8.837 trillion
FACTS PROVIDED BY THE CIA WORLD FACTBOOK LOOK IT UP
Sparkysrevenge
+0|6722|Sidney BC Canada
The US economy is in the toilet?
How the fuck can that be... They are Trillions in debt but what the hell just print more money to hide the fact that their dollar is so strong.
If I was a rich man i'd live in Canada where it ROCKS.
Oh sorry I live there allready.
Fuck, I must be rich.
Damn straight
10 cents in my savings account and reaping in buckets in Interest.
Just enough for another flat of beer.
NYUK NYUK
Arkane
+1|6681
We all better hope that no superpowers economy collapses.  It has become a matter of being entirely dependent on each other.  If China's economy collapsed (bear with me), That would throw north korea and a few other client states into chaos, and create a massive import vaccum for a lot of countries.  If The US economy collapses, think about what happens.  Mexico looses about a 1/3 of it's GNP.  China, and a few other countries are left with a huge loss of exports.  To have that an isolationist perspective in this day and age is foolish.  Thats why the IMF exists, to make sure things like this don't happen.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

If we go down all the rest of your countries will too, cause everyones eles economy depends on American dollars.  If the US economy goes bust it will be another dark ages on par with what happend after the fall of the Roman Empire.
I really disagree with this. Don't flatter yourself.

The New Zealand economy had tried to get into the US market for ages, but they don't want us. Fair enough really, we only trade in raw goods rather making them into anything, (and who's fucking bright idea was that?)
The US dosn't want us, so we go elseware. Australia, China, Japan, and the EU for example. There is no reason to say that if the US 'crashes', (which is unlikely, it's more likely to be a gentle bump than a crash, it will decline over time,) there is probably more reason for our major trading partners to keep trading with us. We do not rely on the US for our economic stability, which will be a bonus for us if it ever does cease to be an economic target for traders, (or cease to be...)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Arkane
+1|6681
^ It's a domino effect^.

Situation:  US Economy collapses.  The majority of the countries that export to the US loose that market, or at the very best it dramatically decreases.  Markets in those countries now have less demand for their goods, so decrease wages or workers to offset that.  The consumers have less money to spend on imports in those countries (say cheese, wool, etc from NZ).  You can do this for almost any place, China, Japan, The EU, etc...
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6681|Stillwater, Ok
The man is right.  The world is all dependent on foreign trade for the most part.  If a major economy that produces both capital and consumer goods falls alot of crap follows....as for Canada, you'll have to find another country to grow your food and europe relies alot on us for food as well.  The US is a HUGE consumer producing nation that exports crop to all parts of the world.  We collapse....everyone starts getting hungry.  The population of Europe is too large for the amount of rural areas it posseses to produce food.  Alot of russia can't grow food and is almost uninhabitable.  There is at best a 3-4month window for most of russia  to grow crops.  Permafrost kinda screws them over.  Name another part of the world that has as much fertile land for agriculture as the US.  Canada sure as fuck doesn't, New Zealand doesn't, Australia doesn't, Mexico....well they come here illegaly, Britian doesn't,Germany, France, Italy...the list goes on.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
When bush realizes he cant save all of his mcdonalds bussiness and oil he sets off his missles and nukes and kills every one including himself.

Every one cheers.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6681|Stillwater, Ok
Beserk you have got to be the most ignorant profiler i think i have ever had the mis-pleasure of listening to.  If i could i would make damn sure one of those missiles kills you. Alot of people would cheer for that as well.  I know i would, atleast that would kill all your genetics..I HOPE.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

https://x4.putfile.com/1/2119540223.jpg
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
shspunkrockr
+0|6751
The US isn't going anywhere. In the future, it's gonna be the United States of the World. And I'm gonna be president. And I will, I say again, I will invade my own country.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
Bush puts alot of money into mcdonalds thats there newest weapon there bio weapon to give heart attacks and massive weight disorders
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6722|New Hampshire
Apparently you're not familiar with the US's economy...

If anything we'll go into a depression and then come right out of it eventually.  The United States has seen worse economic times and has come through each and every time.  If anything, the war in Iraq is good for our economy because - waddya know - SOMEBODY has to build all those tanks/humvees/rifles/body armor that our troops are using.  Although the shit is probably made in China, I guarantee you the contracts come from mainly US companies.

Are you not also familiar with all the US contractors over in Iraq rebuilding the place?  Seriously - what an ignorant post.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
If US falls... china will be next super power... then EU tells china to stfu, then we have another cold war lol. not every country in the world can support itself (europe,taiwan, china etc), that is bad coz if one of their largest trade partners fall, they fall too. But countries like australia can support itself
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6681|Stillwater, Ok
Here is the problem with china....they RELY to heavily on the US economy for imports/exports.  We fall...they fall.
aj_Stroud
+0|6679
in a couple of years china will over take america and will become the next superpower and the way britian is hanging on to china we are going to be taken right up to the top with them then if we manege to hold on until china falls which will take a while then it is possible that we could be a superpower nation again
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

all the big economies depend on each other, as a lot of profit is made from exports. No country can survive  alone. The US will most likely remain a military superpower. but as far as the economy is concerned, no one will be able to match China in the future. Sure, they lack quality and mostly engage in mass products, but that is about to change
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

B.Schuss wrote:

all the big economies depend on each other, as a lot of profit is made from exports. No country can survive  alone. The US will most likely remain a military superpower. but as far as the economy is concerned, no one will be able to match China in the future. Sure, they lack quality and mostly engage in mass products, but that is about to change
i agree w/ ya b, the main reason china's economy is so good, is coz they have so many ppl getting paid slave wages, after a while the ppl will start bitching and want higher wages. US will and always (until the next century, who knows?) remain a military super power, they spend 400 billion+ every year, and china only spends 68 billion...

on the surviving on itself: what i mean is that they dont need large amounts of imports, australia has enough food, oil, luxuries to sustain itself. so we dont face a lot of economic threats from other countries, we threat them (ok sumtimes)
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

The biggest problem we have is that we have a trade deficit that is continuing to grow.  This means that US companies are buying far more products from other countries than we are able to export or sell locally.  Because of this the companies within the US that provide similar products are seeing their profits recede, and as such start laying off people, substantially reducing wages, or close their doors all together.

And while some may point out that our unemployment rate is down, so is the medium income.  That means while people are starting find jobs again, they are making far less than they were before.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-01-23 08:44:49)

ProfeTa
+0|6667
Every superpower declines.

As for the next one...well, maybe China or Japan (these guys work, thats sure).

And europe is a Continent, not a country, and the EU is just an agregate of countrys (they are joined for economic purposes).
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

If we go down all the rest of your countries will too, cause everyones eles economy depends on American dollars.  If the US economy goes bust it will be another dark ages on par with what happend after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Hardly. In this day and age of interconnected states and nations, that's very unlikely to actually be the case. The worls was an extremely different place during the fall of rome (no telephone or airplanes, as a starter...)

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

If US falls... china will be next super power... then EU tells china to stfu, then we have another cold war lol. not every country in the world can support itself (europe,taiwan, china etc), that is bad coz if one of their largest trade partners fall, they fall too. But countries like australia can support itself
I agree that China is actually in line to be the next super power. China is only beginning to realize it's own HUGE economic power. China is one the largest exporters to the U.S. (cheap labor) and that's probably the only reason we put up with their communist government. The other reason that china is likely going to take off is simply because they have *massive* man power -- highest population of any country, anywhere. There's a lot to be said for that.

Of course, this all relies on the fact that China can keep it's grip iron tight around it's people -- there's a lot of impediments against freedoms Americans (and other nations) take for granted every day.

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Here is the problem with china....they RELY to heavily on the US economy for imports/exports.  We fall...they fall.
Again, after our stock market crash, things like that aren't likely to happen instantaneously. We, in the U.S., have many, many procedures for combatting recession, increasing consumer spending, etc etc to keep away depressions. If the U.S. were to loose it's spot as "World Police", it would be a slow process of another country coming up and above, not from the U.S. falling down.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6763|Dallas
1.  The U.S. stockmarket is on the rise.  You people should pay attention to the clicker at the bottom of CNN or FOX.  Up and Down, thats the way it works, incidentally the human persona works the same way, the stockmarket goes up and so does your attitude-it goes down and so do you.  When the shit is good everyone is content and quiet, when it's bad everyone is irritated and bitchy.  Unfortunatly you mostly only hear the bitchy part.

2.  The U.S. will remain a superpower for at least another 100 to 200 years.  This is based more so on government than military.  Remember the old saying, Democracy is the worst form of government.....except all the others that have been tried.  Being that we are the largest and oldest democracy on Earth and the fact that most democracy's follow Capitalism-hence experianced Capitalists-we are in a unique oppurtunity to control world markets in a sense and sway them in our favor.  Case in point is how most if not all currency is compared and contrasted to the American dollar.

3.  World Police.  Who do countries call when they are in some shit?  Thats right...the U.S.  Even though we may not be popular in the worlds eyes, we are known for being able to kick some ass and come to our "friends" rescue.  Thus, being a world superpower in both commerce and military might, we are dubbed the world police.  Which isn't a bad thing to have, you pretty much set your own path and policies.

4.  We're America.  If you hadn't already noticed, we really don't give a shit what you think (*cough* France).
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The biggest problem we have is that we have a trade deficit that is continuing to grow.
One of the biggest reason our trade deficit is so large is because of the way China ties the value of their currency to the dollar.  Unfortunately, as far as I know there isn't anything we can do about that.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

atlvolunteer wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The biggest problem we have is that we have a trade deficit that is continuing to grow.
One of the biggest reason our trade deficit is so large is because of the way China ties the value of their currency to the dollar.  Unfortunately, as far as I know there isn't anything we can do about that.
That seems to be the way of most markets.  Last year the EU countries were experiencing some pretty nasty inflation due to the value of the Euro against the US dollar.  Unfortunately, with countries like China able to produce so much stuff at a substantially lower cost than in the US, companies are lining up to buy or contract out the manufacturing services of this country.  While that may increase the bottom line of an American company, it often comes at the expense of closed plants, laid off workers, and/or lower incomes for blue collar workers.  This has also been extending into the tech field the last few years, leaving many high tech, and skilled workers out of work, or working in a field that is not their discipline, just to have a paycheck.  That is why I also commented on the declinging median income, even though unemployment is down.

Also note that unemployment numbers do not include those that are no longer classified as actively seeking employment.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6739|United States
I don't see the U.S. breaking up anytime soon.  Yes, our economy is going down a bit, but we didn't break apart during the Great Depression, now, did we?

As for China's economic boom, it is predicted that China's economy is going to take a huge nose dive in the next 20 years or so.

I don't think that the US will ever breakup.  Seriously.  We have such a strong central government, stronger than any other countries around.  Some of you scream "corruption", but notice just how many people we have cracked down on and removed from power.  If there were some sort of rebellion in the US, I'll tell you right now, Washington would send the whole army down to that place, and restore peace, just like that.

The U.S. will not break up
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

Bert10099 wrote:

I don't see the U.S. breaking up anytime soon.  Yes, our economy is going down a bit, but we didn't break apart during the Great Depression, now, did we?

As for China's economic boom, it is predicted that China's economy is going to take a huge nose dive in the next 20 years or so.

I don't think that the US will ever breakup.  Seriously.  We have such a strong central government, stronger than any other countries around.  Some of you scream "corruption", but notice just how many people we have cracked down on and removed from power.  If there were some sort of rebellion in the US, I'll tell you right now, Washington would send the whole army down to that place, and restore peace, just like that.

The U.S. will not break up
You can't compare the economies of the depression to our current economy.  The makeup of these economies is completely different.  During the depression our economy was primarily comprised of agriculture and manufacturing; not to mention the type of trade agreements we have now were pretty well nonexistant during that time.  We have far few farmers now and our manufacturing has diminished substantially.  The US' primary thing now is information and new technology development, and countries like India are sending more and more students here to attend US colleges/universities, where they then take that education back to India and US companies outsource high tech jobs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard