oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
yes, there are ghosts on the Iron Gator, and not the friendly kind that help you cheat at poker...

Start of a round, I spawn inside as I always try to go and cap that one neutral flag (easy points, why not?). So, I get there, and no-on is there, cool, better lie down between those bits of machinery and wait. But then... no footfalls, no-one in sight when: *blam*, dead!

W.T.F.

...no "you have been killed by" message, but there's a "someguy[SCARL]oberst_enzian" message - and get this: it's in blue instead of red, and it wasn't a teamkill, otherwise it would have said "someguy[teamkills]oberst_enzian", yes?

At this point I am thinking to myself "well, it's just a variety of the red-bug I haven't encountered before, whatever". I repawn, thinking that someone on my team must have gone for that same flag, had the red-bug and killed me like the non-uniform-checking n00b that he is. However, the flag doesn't change. It stays neutral. It doesn't take that long, so I go over to check it out, maybe get an assist point for my trouble, and get this: there's no-one there, and the flag is at the bottom of the post, and so while capping it I check the TAB screen to see which team my killer is on and there was no-one by that name on the server...

ghosts!

if you see any apparitions on the Iron Gator, please screenie them and post it here!

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-15 15:15:54)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6690|Melbourne, Australia
sounds spookolicious.. the guy probly left.. THE DEAD HAVE RISEN AND ARE PLAYING SPECIAL FORCES ... horrible taste
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
Thats just grand, wouldnt doubt it is a hack. i have seen hacks in action, the Artillery and supply crate hack, on an EA server!, lol goes to show how good there admins are.
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
yeah, on a serious note i thought it might have been a wallhack/no-tk-hack - although i don't understand why anyone would use it, unless it was to cap that flag instead of jsut getting an assist? maybe they were just testing it and then left the server straight away so that if i cried hack then they wouldn't get caught out (i.e. test it here to make sure it works, and then go and use it there in some specific instance...). Anyway, weird. I liked the opportunity to write a ghost story tho!
./KRUX
+1|6707|Austin Texas
theres a hack that allows spawning on uncapped point. That would be why the guy(kid) dropped.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6715|Branson, MO, USA

oberst_enzian wrote:

there's no-one there, and the flag is at the bottom of the post
Well except that the flag he's talking about is the Engine Room, and it's not on a pole, but rather hangs from the ceiling.

And personally I do the same thing, except I spawn at the Flight Deck and take a running leap off the back of the carrier to get to the Engine Room

Last edited by Sahasrahla (2006-01-17 12:42:33)

Drunkaholic
+4|6695
I got killed by a grenade today on Karkand, but there was no explosion to be seen...
G/SiLo
+-2|6646|why do u care
wow... interesting story drunkaholic. 

just one question... were u by any chance drinking?
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

Sahasrahla wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

there's no-one there, and the flag is at the bottom of the post
Well except that the flag he's talking about is the Engine Room, and it's not on a pole, but rather hangs from the ceiling.
yeah sorry, i meant that there had been no "progress" with flag in the colour bar, not that it was on literal pole.
Drunkaholic
+4|6695

G/SiLo wrote:

wow... interesting story drunkaholic. 

just one question... were u by any chance drinking?
Yes, but that's not the point
Anyway, there really was no explosion
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Telefragged
FeloniousMonk
+0|6706
What I usually see on Iron Gator (and rarely on any other map) is a ghost with no name killing people.

https://flynavy.net/fattytheferret/Screenshots/screen004.jpg
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
hmm... no name... and no artillery on iron gator... haunted i tell you! haunted!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

It'd have been a wallhack, and some other bullshittery* that goes on with those fuckers who decide to cheat to compensate for thier unfortunate lack of genitalia.

*A really good word.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6751|Wisco

Tyferra wrote:

bullshittery*

*A really good word.
Agreed!  And that seems like some annoying crap.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that...

If I ever see that name on my server, I'll be watching him very closely.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6706

oberst_enzian wrote:

hmm... no name... and no artillery on iron gator... haunted i tell you! haunted!!
Schmilk's a buddy of mine and during that round I saw him get killed like that at least half a dozen times. The thing is that even after the kill message came up I could hear him in the other room still blasting away.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6721|The 70's
the ghostkilla?, its me, I got lost  on that damn carrier and never got off. i wander round killing folks, but they never die.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
its the ghost of comrade lenin!!!! no lenin dont punish me!!! i am still devoted to the CCCP!!!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ToughOmbre359th
+0|6649
That happen to me before there is a glitch where a guy can get into a dumpster (big ones). They can shoot out and you cant shoot back in. They like to hang around flags.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6682
i have seen the wallhack in vid and even if you have wallhack, it only lets you see through the walls... it doesn't let you SHOOT through the walls
timboon
+2|6687
that weird bug where u get killed by artillery (in some odd way where there is no way you could have got hit) happened to me a couple times while i was flying the apache, cept i was in the carrier i was where the boats come in just hovering watching the entrance where all the boats come in so my gunner could own them, then i get artilleried? i agree with ghosts some poor ghost jumped into my rotors and blew me up.
shspunkrockr
+0|6723
I laughed when I read this. That is all. No comment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard