s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6764|Somewhere in NYC
What ATX case do you recommend for LAN parties? Something light and compact.

I don't want to lug around a huge case with me. I was thinking of micro-ATX's but decided against them because most motherboards I checked were not good enough for gaming (according to reviews).
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6814|Barrington, RI
something from Thermaltake I'd say.  they even have a carrying harness for several of their Xaser series cases
Bilco
+3|6692|Northamptonshire UK
You could always go for a case with wheels then u can get whatever you like inside it
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6805

Go for a prebuilt case.  Shuttle makes some pretty damned good ones; they custom build the cooling system, power supply, and motherboard so it all fits in the smallest space possible.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6759|England
https://www.thermaltake.com/images/cases/products/sviking/va4000bws.jpg

thats what I have and Im very pleased with it

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/sv … viking.htm
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6862|Waikato, Aotearoa
Hey wooly is that a Thermaltake Case?? If so how much 4 it?
AveryHawk
+6|6712|Sacramento,CA
Antec  Super LANboy..... under 100.00 USD 120mm fans, all Aluminum, window  and comes with a carry strap....
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6759|England

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

thermaltake Viking, yes

I think it was around £60.00 (uk price)
brilliant case, 2 120mm fans built in with fancy fan control, screwless sliders for HDD's, all kinds of bits and bobs
cant grumble for the price.

-my cousin got one of them antec superlan boys and I have to say its rather crap!... made from really cheap flimsy stuff and dents easily.
AveryHawk
+6|6712|Sacramento,CA

wooly-back-jack wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

thermaltake Viking, yes

I think it was around £60.00 (uk price)
brilliant case, 2 120mm fans built in with fancy fan control, screwless sliders for HDD's, all kinds of bits and bobs
cant grumble for the price.

-my cousin got one of them antec superlan boys and I have to say its rather crap!... made from really cheap flimsy stuff and dents easily.
I have carried mine to at least 2 lans a month for over a year and only have one dent in it from a buddy dropping his case on mine in the car....Like I stated it is 100% aluminum ant the "flimsy" feeling is dut to a lighter construction material. I still recommend it espcally if you travel with it alot..... my other traveling rig is in a Thermaltake Kandolf full tower and I am regretting getting the black one....in that model only the silver one is all
aluminum construction.

Last edited by AveryHawk (2006-01-22 19:30:16)

jnick
+22|6800
The best "LAN" case for under $100 would probably be the Antec Super Lanboy.

Last edited by jnick (2006-01-22 18:52:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard